Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
An Holiday be flipped at the trade deadline or does Portland have to flip him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Ahhh what the gently caress Milwaukee, holy poo poo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Calidus posted:

An Holiday be flipped at the trade deadline or does Portland have to flip him now.

Either.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Everyone is focusing on the Lillard vs Jrue part of this trade for the bucks but I think that’s completely outweighed by the Not Having To Watch Grayson Allen Play For Your Team part

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when you have a chance to trade your 25 year old star center for an old injured dude and an easily top 20 duke wing of all time you gotta loving take it

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Ghost Dog posted:

when you have a chance to trade your 25 year old star center for an old injured dude and an easily top 20 duke wing of all time you gotta loving take it

"Star" doing incredible lifting, just massive upside, in that sentence.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Memnaelar posted:

"Star" doing incredible lifting, just massive upside, in that sentence.

its really not? he was 18/10 on 60% ts, hes a star full stop

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

If you think Lillard is better than Jrue Holiday in 2023 you are an idiot.

gently caress you.

Did you watch Jrue in the playoffs the last two years? He was putrid. Meanwhile Lillard just had his best playoffs followed immediately by a regular season better than Jrue has ever had. I know you’re a huge Dame hater consider him the worst defender in the league (I’d argue that’s not possible at point guard but w/e) but this a weirdly aggressive take

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dude has a pretty decent shot at a 20/10 hyper efficient season next year, like hes never gonna be an all star but that is mostly because of what other centers are playing at this time

i do not even like deandre ayton but theres some absolutely insane takes going on here. one guy said he doesnt think a dude who has averaged a double double every single year of his career could ever be a nightly double double guy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

dude has a pretty decent shot at a 20/10 hyper efficient season next year, like hes never gonna be an all star but that is mostly because of what other centers are playing at this time

i do not even like deandre ayton but theres some absolutely insane takes going on here. one guy said he doesnt think a dude who has averaged a double double every single year of his career could ever be a nightly double double guy

PR holds at least as much weight as watching games

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Ayton is fine but due to his draft status and counting stats his salary is always going to be way too high for what he is.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jrue seems like he’s intentionally set up to fail in the playoffs with Buds YOLO offense

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

Well I'm glad I picked the bucks in the poll

to lose to the nuggets in the finals

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DeimosRising posted:

Did you watch Jrue in the playoffs the last two years? He was putrid. Meanwhile Lillard just had his best playoffs followed immediately by a regular season better than Jrue has ever had. I know you’re a huge Dame hater consider him the worst defender in the league (I’d argue that’s not possible at point guard but w/e) but this a weirdly aggressive take

The premise that Lillard had a better season than Jrue Holiday any time in the last four years is non-starter to me.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

My GUT says that Herro or OG were more valuable ASSETS to trade for but maybe neither team could work out the filler or keep Phoenix happy or maybe Lilliard flatly said he wouldn't want to play in Toronto. Also thinking maybe Jrue is a safer player in the sense you know you can just flip him rather than committing long term to OG or Herro and being unsure of what your plan is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

The premise that Lillard had a better season than Jrue Holiday any time in the last four years is non-starter to me.

Extreme first time caller energy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Extreme first time caller energy

Hmm yeah saying the famous guy on all the commercials is not one of the best players in the league is a total sports radio take you got me, what an accurate post.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Ghost Dog posted:

its really not? he was 18/10 on 60% ts, hes a star full stop

Nurkic hit that stat line in 2019-2020 (when he was 25, Ayton was 24 this past year). I didn't think of Nurkic as a "star" then; I don't see Ayton as a "star" now.

Good player? Sure. But "star" is, at best, a stretch.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Rick posted:

Source: gently caress You.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Memnaelar posted:

Nurkic hit that stat line in 2019-2020 (when he was 25, Ayton was 24 this past year). I didn't think of Nurkic as a "star" then; I don't see Ayton as a "star" now.

nurkic has never hit that statline at all, ever actually? why are you lying. every single year of aytons career except his 2nd would be nurkics best shooting year by far

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

*two firsts in the late first round.

Look! It’s the best you’ll get. Just give him away like he wants! What? Do you hate player empowerment?!

Extreme confidence in some sort of Milwaukee Bucks dynasty right here

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

drat why’s everyone so snippy today lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

High Usage High Efficiency is the literal definition of star, but heres an idiot who cant read ts% numbers to say its not, actually

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

Nurkic played 8 games that year

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jusuf nurkic played 8 games in 2019-20 lmao

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Ghost Dog posted:

High Usage High Efficiency is the literal definition of star, but heres an idiot who cant read ts% numbers to say its not, actually

Someone pet this Ghost Dog. I'm sure Ayton'll make me eat my words. At some point. Probably. A real star in the making.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Space Camp fuckup posted:

drat why’s everyone so snippy today lol

Half the thread is actually Riley burners and he’s a bit angry

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

Hmm yeah saying the famous guy on all the commercials is not one of the best players in the league is a total sports radio take you got me, what an accurate post.

I mean yes that’s like exactly what I would expect from a radio call?

Hence why I made the post you see

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i am tired of being a deandre ayton defender, because it is diffcult to do so due to his hyper efficient post game and shooting numbers that dwarf jusuf nurkics best 8 games played in whatever year that was

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Metapod posted:

Nurkic played 8 games that year

But what an 8! (Okay, between that and the TS, I'll take the L on the comparison -- UNTIL you add in Grayson Allen!)

(seriously though, I'll wait for another poster or two to jump on the "Ayton's a *star*" train before I begin to second-guess my jumping on that language)

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Suns really traded Ayton just to facilitate a Dame deal

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Memnaelar posted:

Someone pet this Ghost Dog. I'm sure Ayton'll make me eat my words. At some point. Probably. A real star in the making.

are u gonna talk about how you said a dude had a 60% ts% in 1. a year he played 8 games and 2. a year he shot .567 or are you gonna be the 2000th person to try to talk to me like im an actual dog, who can somehow read numbers better than you

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Ghost Dog posted:

are u gonna talk about how you said a dude had a 60% ts% in 1. a year he played 8 games and 2. a year he shot .567 or are you gonna be the 2000th person to try to talk to me like im an actual dog, who can somehow read numbers better than you

I think a dog could be trained to punctuate properly.

edit: I done took it back upthread, my dog/person. Like I said, goofed on the 8 games, goofed on the TS, just looked at the 18/10. Still think you overshot your point with calling Ayton a star but I bet Phoenix will regret not paying big money for those numbers and that shining attitude from superstar Ayton any day now.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Deal Zone [this thread] is really heating up!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you are a horrifically bad poster and a moron who wanted to make a snippy drive by post but you are too stupid to live

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nurkic should hobble in here and say something about all this

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

And that barber? Albert Einstein.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Ghost Dog posted:

you are a horrifically bad poster and a moron who wanted to make a snippy drive by post but you are too stupid to live

Woof. I'll inform my handlers.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Crawling out of the woodwork to get really intense about Jusuf Nurkic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Doltos posted:

Nurkic should hobble in here and say something about all this

he might say something like "Deandre Ayton's career averages are significantly better than any season I have ever had" and then maybe he'd grab that bad poster by the head and dunk him through a comically large hoop