Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Probably a koel then, if they migrate as far as Sydney?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

not loving likely given Sydney prices

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I long for death

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Possums sound mean af

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bald Stalin posted:

Possums sound mean af

Do they sound like this? If so enjoy falling asleep to the sounds of possum fuckin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHulXzuc_9Y

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Drongos, koel, cuckoo's, shrike thrush and plovers, are pretty annoying, they excel at waking you up, especially the shrikes, had one invade my friends farmhouse and drive us all crazy. 5am wakeup wakeup!

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
At my last house the local possum had a routine you could set your watch by. 9pm jump down from the roof to the fence, walk the fence line. 9:05pm jump from the fence to the big tree and take a huge piss infront of the garage. 9:10pm till whenever, eat stuff in the tree and do mad plops.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I long for death
same

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you're in Victoria and near-ish the north side of Melbourne, or at least don't mind an excursion, do yourself a favour and go to Mr Nice Guy's Bake Shop in Ascot Vale. loving best cupcakes you'll ever have, and all it's all vegan. They've got a good general allergen-free selection of baked goods too.

I am currently enjoying a choc walnut cookie the size of my hand.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Went and bought a new weed grinder from the local medical weed accessories store (incredible that these are a thing now), and they gave me a sample bag of kava to try. When the gently caress did kava become legal to sell here? I've had friends bring some back from Fiji before so knew about the personal use import exemption, but these guys are openly selling huge bags of powdered root

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Postal vote received.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

SwissDonkey posted:

Went and bought a new weed grinder from the local medical weed accessories store (incredible that these are a thing now), and they gave me a sample bag of kava to try. When the gently caress did kava become legal to sell here? I've had friends bring some back from Fiji before so knew about the personal use import exemption, but these guys are openly selling huge bags of powdered root

Polices are really starting to just not give a poo poo, and are slowly morphing into a state sponsored gang every day

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My possums have been having insane shrieking fights in the street outside my place, it sounds like a brutal battlefield out there in the trees.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Caesar Saladin posted:

My possums have been having insane shrieking fights in the street outside my place, it sounds like a brutal battlefield out there in the trees.

The shrieking is better than that croaky laughing sound they make, creepy as gently caress

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

SwissDonkey posted:

It's legal. Even Coles sells it now.

https://adf.org.au/insights/kava-whats-new/

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

SwissDonkey posted:

It's now even sold in Coles and chemists as a supplement.

E f/b

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it's funny seeing ads for a classic car auction and there are the 80s and 90s poo poo boxes included

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

it's funny seeing ads for a classic car auction and there are the 80s and 90s poo poo boxes included

lots of them are also eligible for historic plates. Looking at you knackered looking early charade thats owned by an old bloke and somehow the car is still kicking

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
had to drive into the city to the rocks last night, i hate driving in the city

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

You would have to be a psycho to like it.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Agreed it's a poo poo thing to need to do occasionally.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i didnt realise that hook turns had infected the city, now that we have trams again

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Last time I had to drive near the city I made it erskinville and trained it in. That strat only works if you have a partner with a disability pass though cause they can't pin you with parking tickets that way

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I asked “will the pregnant chef use breast milk in tonight’s meal” no more than twice at the dinner table, and the My Kitchen Rules editors have made me out as some kind of pervert contestant.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
your jus sir *poops titty out and squirts milk all over the plate and table*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone put it; humanity has had human breast milk as long as it's existed, if it had any worthwhile uses besides feeding babies compared to cow titty squeezings we'd have figured it out by now and come up with all kinds of rationalisations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Love to have to be at work when i feel like poo poo and just want to be in bed

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
It's birb of the year time again.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-australia-poll

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
and i once again am bombarding the guardian with emails pleading for them to inplement preferential voting for it

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

It kinda already is preferential, it's just implemented in such a way that you need to visit their website once a day to make it work.

Gotta get them views.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
They're a controversial pick but I'm surprised to see the sulphur-crested cockatoos get binned so early. They can be total jerks but they're great.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

in other news i just realized the Stop Making Sense remaster has a cinema release date and im thinking about getting stoned for the first time since my bachelor party when i go see it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think they're out because they won two years ago. Can a bird win multiple years in a row?

This year I voted lyrebird but only because they keep refusing the candidacy of grey butcherbird.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

in other news i just realized the Stop Making Sense remaster has a cinema release date and im thinking about getting stoned for the first time since my bachelor party when i go see it

poo poo i didn't realise it was going to cinemas, what a great movie

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

"This tastes like real milk, and it's only 2% fat"

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I'm in Williamstown today to (hopefully successfully) get my forklift licence, and I have made a friend.

He is extremely unimpressed that I won't share my crackers with him, and keeps gently cursing me under his breath :3:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

alf_pogs posted:

poo poo i didn't realise it was going to cinemas, what a great movie

yeah honestly i dont care that its getting remastered but i really wanna go see it in a cinema its one of the great classic concert documentaries

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A very good morning to everyone who votes Magpie

A :getout: to those that don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

another year of the masked lapwing being discriminated against for being dumb as gently caress and not in the running so i voted for the noble bush turkey, this is its year i can feel it