Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Netflix Encounters show is pretty cool. Never heard of the Stephenville event before.

Having radar data and so many witnesses is nuts lol

Bold of them to open up the show with a dude going "they're angels buddy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I am now a member of remembering-your-dreams crew. Last night I had a dream. I was walking on the beach with p'nutti,

And looking back, I saw times where we left only 1 set of footprints in the sand.

P'nutti explained to me,

"My child, those are the times I had to dip out real quick to go rip out a cow's butthole. For space science".

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Netflix Encounters show is pretty cool. Never heard of the Stephenville event before.

Having radar data and so many witnesses is nuts lol

You should do a deep dive. Anybody in this thread who hasn't should check out the 77 page long report MUFON did on this incident. It's incredibly detailed and well done. There is zero doubt in my mind this happened:

https://dokumen.tips/documents/special-research-report-stephenville-texas-ufo-742008-1-stephenville-lights.html?page=1

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Awhile back I think someone mentioned Thomas Pynchon and someone's analysis of his work? I meant to write the name down but forgot - tried searching through the pages and couldn't find it. If anyone remembers what it I'm thinking of, let us know and I will find a pen this time.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Slavvy posted:

Tighclops posted:

already happened. tarantulas was a double agent for the tripedicus council and a decendant/spawn of unicron, which is why he tried to erase literally all the other transformers from history by blowing up the ark 4 million years ago

ClydeFrog posted:

Ok well this additional information makes sense. I aggressively unsubscribed with a loud tut.

I stand by my actions!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's important to know this about Jeremy Corbell

this is who he is and always has been

I want the RLM guys to watch and review this

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Am I the only one not impressed with Encounters? This is almost beat for beat a retread of Leslie Kean's documentation of the Stephenville case for her Hulu show earlier this year and episode 2 is about the Ariel school landing? The thing James Fox did an entire feature length documentary about?

Feels disrespectful tbh idk

Carp
May 29, 2002

Another Soundcloud track inspired by this thread. As a longtime lurker, I'd like to thank you for being here. When little in life provides a way forward, the discussions let some of mystery back in, some of the chaos.

https://soundcloud.com/integral-carp/orbpneust-sublime

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sharknado slashfic posted:

Also mods make that the thread title somehow

poo poo is it possible to use unicode to font it up like that

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Mr. Barnesworth posted:

there's a lot of material for quantum jiu jitsu techniques
Heisenberg's hold
Schrodinger's submission strike
The Hawking double kickflip

can you smell what dirac's got cooking?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Can quantum Corbell beat Lue-Litsu Elizondo?? watch as the two biggest boys of a generation fight for the venusian princess' hand..... In COMBAT

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
ain't nobody gonna choke out lue with that thicc neck

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i would simply quantum teleport an aitee-point pressure strike to disable him

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tighclops posted:

That was great, thanks! Oh and uh beast machines was disclosure

after more than eight million years of ceaseless resource warfare, the cybertronian peace dividend was: become post-scarcity gods. surely humanity had no less grand a vision for itself in the centuries following first contact

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

posadism truly never stops winning, even in increasingly strained contexts

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

posadeez nuts

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Squizzle posted:

p'nuttism truly never stops winning, even in increasingly strained contexts

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Objurium posted:

Am I the only one not impressed with Encounters? This is almost beat for beat a retread of Leslie Kean's documentation of the Stephenville case for her Hulu show earlier this year and episode 2 is about the Ariel school landing? The thing James Fox did an entire feature length documentary about?

That wasn't James Fox who did that one

I forget the guy's name but I heard him on a podcast be like "I was in NYC on 9/11 and that's why I decided to make movies" so we have Bin Laden to thank for the documentary

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let's really think for a moment about what it might be like to uncover the truth behind the phenomenon.

First of all, it's very difficult to fully accept the information because you are fighting against many basic assumptions about your reality that you've taken for granted your whole life. Certain ingrained processes have been developed specifically for the purpose of keeping this information from you, and to challenge them is to challenge yourself. This will feel like a physical punch in the gut, a feeling of vertigo, a primal fear for your immortal soul. It is an unforgivable betrayal. A pain inside you cries out in protest at the dizzying magnitude of this revelation, you are angry and disgusted at the uncomfortable taboos you are forced to face. Many of your core values and beliefs suddenly feel utterly insignificant, and you might realise bitterly that they were never truly your beliefs anyway - you simply adopted them as your own.

It is an apocalypse in the true Greek sense. Your old self is destroyed and your ego is so brutally humbled that it can never return to the comfort of your previous life in which you didn't have to ask these questions that are now racing through your mind, and you weren't afraid of the answers.

Talking about it with your loved ones will be difficult as not everyone will be able to process this information and reactions will vary wildly. Most will fight it for as long as they can, kicking and screaming. Not because they don't believe it but because they are afraid, and this will be entirely understandable. A lot of people will reject it entirely for as long as they live.

It's one thing to go through the "ontological shock", but it's not something that will happen to you and then fade over time. It is an end and a beginning. There is no going back to the life you knew. This is not a truth for the part of you that posts online and watches TV and talks with your friends. This is a truth so shattering that it can only be fully accepted by the secret human part of you that lays in bed at night and thinks about death. The part of you that has mourned the loss of a loved one, or has had to deal with a serious accident or deeply traumatic events.

If this whole thing is headed where I think it is headed, then what I am describing might be something that we all have to steel ourselves to face. I might be a fool and totally wrong about everything, in which case I'll laugh at myself and turn it into another unwritten novel in my head, but I wanted to share this and plant the seed as something to seriously consider, just in case!!! It's fun to post in this wonderful thread as the whole clown show plays out in the background and I feel much affection for everyone here.

And by the way, this is before we've even got to the question of what UFOs are.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If anything really comes out, a big component is the possibility that there really was a conspiracy to keep it hidden. How do you come back from that? What'd that do to society? Suddenly any bullshit conspiracy could also be true.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If anything really comes out, a big component is the possibility that there really was a conspiracy to keep it hidden. How do you come back from that? What'd that do to society? Suddenly any bullshit conspiracy could also be true.

We already know there was a big conspiracy
the government has been saying this is all poo poo for decades while also secretly studying it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Most people i think don't believe it tho, and won't unless unbeatable proof comes out

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Andy Pandy posted:

Let's really think for a moment about what it might be like to uncover the truth behind the phenomenon.

First of all, it's very difficult to fully accept the information because you are fighting against many basic assumptions about your reality that you've taken for granted your whole life. Certain ingrained processes have been developed specifically for the purpose of keeping this information from you, and to challenge them is to challenge yourself. This will feel like a physical punch in the gut, a feeling of vertigo, a primal fear for your immortal soul. It is an unforgivable betrayal. A pain inside you cries out in protest at the dizzying magnitude of this revelation, you are angry and disgusted at the uncomfortable taboos you are forced to face. Many of your core values and beliefs suddenly feel utterly insignificant, and you might realise bitterly that they were never truly your beliefs anyway - you simply adopted them as your own.

It is an apocalypse in the true Greek sense. Your old self is destroyed and your ego is so brutally humbled that it can never return to the comfort of your previous life in which you didn't have to ask these questions that are now racing through your mind, and you weren't afraid of the answers.

Talking about it with your loved ones will be difficult as not everyone will be able to process this information and reactions will vary wildly. Most will fight it for as long as they can, kicking and screaming. Not because they don't believe it but because they are afraid, and this will be entirely understandable. A lot of people will reject it entirely for as long as they live.

It's one thing to go through the "ontological shock", but it's not something that will happen to you and then fade over time. It is an end and a beginning. There is no going back to the life you knew. This is not a truth for the part of you that posts online and watches TV and talks with your friends. This is a truth so shattering that it can only be fully accepted by the secret human part of you that lays in bed at night and thinks about death. The part of you that has mourned the loss of a loved one, or has had to deal with a serious accident or deeply traumatic events.

If this whole thing is headed where I think it is headed, then what I am describing might be something that we all have to steel ourselves to face. I might be a fool and totally wrong about everything, in which case I'll laugh at myself and turn it into another unwritten novel in my head, but I wanted to share this and plant the seed as something to seriously consider, just in case!!! It's fun to post in this wonderful thread as the whole clown show plays out in the background and I feel much affection for everyone here.

And by the way, this is before we've even got to the question of what UFOs are.

There's a lot of truth in your post. An advice to you; if some ideas frighten you, they are probably an invitation to you to consider what you don't like about them, and to try to act in life in a way to transmute them into more positive feelings and beliefs and actions. It's not easy though, but there's always help around if you ask for it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Between MKULTRA, the CIA supplying the country with cocaine for decades, and silent helicopters turning out to be completely real the whole time, the American people are able to ignore a lot of big things because they have to go to work or want to focus on being cruel to whatever minority group

I'd prefer the reveal of a grand alien conspiracy cause a multi city riot, honestly

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

People memory-hole the worst things when possible. The government won't own up to the fact that they kept things buried for decades; they'll spin it as new information (which is probably part of the reason for all these UAP commissions in every agency?). And people will accept that. Just think of Iran-Contra, the justification for invading Iraq, etc.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbEcjFkXvZs

CURIOSITY OF GEESE
Jan 29, 2009

My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat. My second favorite meat is hamburger. And, everyone says, oh, don’t you prefer steak? It’s like, I know steaks are great, but I like hot dog best, and I like hamburger next best.

mudskipp posted:

Awhile back I think someone mentioned Thomas Pynchon and someone's analysis of his work? I meant to write the name down but forgot - tried searching through the pages and couldn't find it. If anyone remembers what it I'm thinking of, let us know and I will find a pen this time.

You're looking for a podcast called "Death is just around the corner," featuring Michael s judge. Worth subbing for a bit if only to hear his jfk, bowie, and pynchon episodes

CURIOSITY OF GEESE has issued a correction as of 14:21 on Sep 28, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Inspector Hound posted:

Between MKULTRA, the CIA supplying the country with cocaine for decades, and silent helicopters turning out to be completely real the whole time, the American people are able to ignore a lot of big things because they have to go to work or want to focus on being cruel to whatever minority group

I'd prefer the reveal of a grand alien conspiracy cause a multi city riot, honestly

Fitzy Fitz posted:

People memory-hole the worst things when possible. The government won't own up to the fact that they kept things buried for decades; they'll spin it as new information (which is probably part of the reason for all these UAP commissions in every agency?). And people will accept that. Just think of Iran-Contra, the justification for invading Iraq, etc.

yeah. If you brought any of that poo poo up to my parents they'd assume you're 100% completely full of poo poo and either an insane crank or just making up lies for no reason. If you convinced them it was true they'd think it was good & justified. If you convinced them it was bad they'd disregard it and forget or go back to thinking it's not real. Dunno how common that is, but you're gonna be dead in the water before the start, in i think a lot of cases. Real psycho believe-in-nothing moralist type of mentality.

For example, fuckin azov battalion etc, completely impossible that anything remotely like that could be real. No ukrainians ever were nazi at any point ever. Show pics? They must not have known, was some mistake or something. Or Ann Tifa? Wait anti-fa means antifascist? Getting beat up by cops and stuff? No, never heard of any such thing it's not real. Just rewrite reality however you have to for things to be in the desired state. Global warming? Not in my lifetime pal, we made it thru, that's for the future generations if it ever even happens. Nah that must've been the neighbor burning stuff, not canada.

If that dam breaks, and people like that are forced to accept that reality doesn't match what they suppose to be true, god only knows how it'll go down. It'd be like having your arm bent backwards till it breaks, insanely painful total loss of function. It really might come out as a huge riot or something or nothing or anything. For some people being forced to look at anything is going to be a real psychic rupture where "poo poo if ufo, then..." and it's a complete worldview breakdown. Either that or just don't ever look. My parents actively want UFOs to be real but simultaneously cannot accept any challenge. Dunno what would happen.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

CURIOSITY OF GEESE posted:

You're looking for a podcast called "Death is just around the corner," featuring Michael s judge. Worth subbing for a bit of only to hear his jfk, bowie, and pynchon episodes

the Fourth Reich ones are really good too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's important to know this about Jeremy Corbell

this is who he is and always has been

jeremy corbell posted:

As President and Founder of WARRIOR YOGA and the QUANTUM JUJITSU FOUNDATION, Corbell has written three books as well as develops and oversees the curriculum for his unique art forms worldwide: QUANTUM JUJITSU, WARRIOR YOGA and RESTORATION MASSAGE THERAPY. He has established a popular seminar circuit, through which he travels the globe in efforts to develop his craft, as well as share his passion for teaching.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

If that dam breaks, and people like that are forced to accept that reality doesn't match what they suppose to be true, god only knows how it'll go down. It'd be like having your arm bent backwards till it breaks, insanely painful total loss of function. It really might come out as a huge riot or something or nothing or anything. For some people being forced to look at anything is going to be a real psychic rupture where "poo poo if ufo, then..." and it's a complete worldview breakdown. Either that or just don't ever look. My parents actively want UFOs to be real but simultaneously cannot accept any challenge. Dunno what would happen.

Sounds fuckin' great to me!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the thing is like... we need to have the moment. if there's anything that can cause that, we *must* pass through the threshold, and if our leaders are too cowardly to do it themselves, it behooves anyone with the ability, to force the issue.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Objurium posted:

I never saw those yet so had nothing to compare to

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Barry Foster posted:

Sounds fuckin' great to me!

Mebbe you seen bunch of goons have been posting basically that we're in the capitalism prisoner's dilemma, where you're constantly forced to sell out everyone else in the hope you'll personally be ok.

idk what'd happen to them, honestly. Their worldview is pretty much:

This "dilemma" is fine and actually part of the fact that there is a natural hierarchy that determines a person's worth, like a ladder you can go up and down.
Your image & self-worth is just your place in this hierarchy and how other people see you, just sublimate yourself into your identity-rung that's what you actually are.
Any threat to this ladder is a threat to you, it's going to damage your rung and that's you. Every effort must be expended to keep your station or if possible move up, except anything that could potentially damage the ladder.
If you're on a bad spot on the ladder this is literally only because you made poor individual choices. If you're in a good spot it's because you chose wisely.
People below you may try to drag you down the ladder and take your place because of their poor life choices. This is pretty much cheating at life.
If anyone questions any of this it's actually questioning the ladder itself, which means they're questioning you, and so is a threat.

Everything they do and think unfolds out of this. and they're going to be turbo hosed if they're forced to actually have to see the US or the rung they're on as anything bad, it makes them also bad. pretty much a catastrophe i guess. If any of these suppositions are wrong they'd be just completely disconnected from anything, loose in the wind

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Objurium posted:

There are only so many major events to document. I don't know how that should be approached ethically. We got two documentaries about Fyre Festival though.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

People below you may try to drag you down the ladder and take your place because of their poor life choices.

They can try. And we can choose to try kicking them back or giving them a hand. And they can accept or refuse it.

As you said, all choices.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Or you could just smash this stupid loving ladder in the first place & have a fair society

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I just cant wait to get off this Level-1-rear end planet; this is some low-level gameplay if you ask me. This place is basically a sewer level that takes 100 years to beat. ffs

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqfaEyv_AbA

this song is appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Or you could just smash this stupid loving ladder in the first place & have a fair society

Any threat to this ladder is a threat to you

Don't misunderstand me, I dislike capitalism, but I believe it's more productive to live according to your beliefs to inspire others than to frontally smash the whole thing.