Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think you should be allowed to do that because it can't make Marines worse than they already are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

rantmo posted:

I finished assembling my Impulsor tonight, mostly. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with this stupid hover base thing? I understand that one half is for the base (which I have glued to said base) and the other half attaches to the underside of the vehicle but are you supposed to just attach them to their respective halves and then rotate it so that the thing isn't at some insane angle? It was a fun kit to assemble except for that one part, which is just baffling.

I mean that's it, it lets you pose your hovertank flying flat, elevating, banking, crash landing, etc. I thought it was pretty clever honestly.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
it is by far the best flying base they currently have

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

smug jeebus posted:

I mean that's it, it lets you pose your hovertank flying flat, elevating, banking, crash landing, etc. I thought it was pretty clever honestly.

To be fair it's worth remembering when the model was designed it had the FLY rule and then they realised flying tanks as the default transport for space marines was dumb and now it just hovers.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah, gently caress it.

Gonna make some Primaris Tactical Squads by adding an Infernus and Desolation marine to 8 Intercessors, just to annoy people.

imagining the alternate, better world where instead of Primaris it was just "we're making space marines truescale now, this tactical squad is taller than a squatmarine, deal with it"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Did an Ork Meganob for KT, inspired by old Eavy Metal stuff:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

smug jeebus posted:

It's a cool idea but the instructions make it seem like there's an intended orientation but doesn't give any clue as to how to achieve it, so it was perhaps a little too clever, at least for me.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The most clever kit by far is the new Lictor. 3 different poses made possible by swapping out elbow pieces and rotating ball joints in the torso. I've never seen anything quite like it but I can't imagine it being the standard because Space Marines don't need that level of posability.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Going to start painting a couple sisters today, pray for me

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Going to start painting a couple sisters today, pray for me

Thin your paints!!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just remember it's just plastic and the more you paint the better you get. Also it doesn't hurt to try new things and if things don't work out you can always dunk them in Simple Green (or whatever else works in your area) to strip paint and start old models over with your greater experience.

Also this might help at some point

https://imgur.com/gallery/HhI2CFk

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/28/space-marine-company-heroes-kit-focus-whats-on-the-sprues/

Today's kit focus has now come to the Space Marine Command Squad Company Heroes.

Oh and the Terminator Chaplain, but frankly, he's really boring.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Cooked Auto posted:

As long as I can Grey Knight him up, which looks very doable, I'm content.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So I just realised something, Scouts are not on the pre-order docket. And they just sneakily mentioned that the new KT box is on its way. :tinfoil:

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

So I just realised something, Scouts are not on the pre-order docket. And they just sneakily mentioned that the new KT box is on its way. :tinfoil:

Yeah, I think it's clear that Scouts are going to a be a KT unit like Kriegsmen and Kommandos.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Word on the nerd street is that the next KT starter is Scouts vs Striking Scorpions along with new jungle terrain

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
what happened to my drat catachans

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Geisladisk posted:

Word on the nerd street is that the next KT starter is Scouts vs Striking Scorpions along with new jungle terrain

How nice of them to package up the old Scorpion models with the new Scouts.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
The rumor is that the striking scorpions will also be redone, which makes more sense then a resin kill team

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah, I don't see them putting together a KT box without both units being the new KT style sculpts and sprues.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/28/space-marine-company-heroes-kit-focus-whats-on-the-sprues/

Today's kit focus has now come to the Space Marine Command Squad Company Heroes.

:yeshaha:

quote:

There’s a high degree of interchangeability across the rest of the range, should you wish to switch arms, heads, and accessories for even more variety or personalisation.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tangy Zizzle posted:

what happened to my drat catachans

Seriously can someone update catachans

Sorry not sorry cadian likers, your dudes look boring as gently caress and they clearly don't lift

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

rantmo posted:

As long as I can Grey Knight him up, which looks very doable, I'm content.

Frustratingly my GK chaplain is the limited edition chaplain which was the old equipment (storm bolter and crozius) and I can see right now the GK datasheet is going to say "the chaplain is armed with a storm shield and a crozius".

They really know how to make you buy models.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Kitchner posted:

Frustratingly my GK chaplain is the limited edition chaplain which was the old equipment (storm bolter and crozius) and I can see right now the GK datasheet is going to say "the chaplain is armed with a storm shield and a crozius".

I wouldn't think so, the only shield in the whole faction is Drago's.

Kitchner posted:

They really know how to make you buy models.

Boy, do they ever.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

DeceasedHorse posted:

The rumor is that the striking scorpions will also be redone, which makes more sense then a resin kill team

Just lol that Striking Scorpions will get another miniature before Warp Spiders

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Geisladisk posted:

I remember that the rumour has always been Striking Scorpions as a KT box but it was always Alien vs Predator. Now that Genestealers are out I guess that box is just Predator.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Remember the kill team season cycle seems to be four boxes, the first one comes with two new kill teams and the latest rulebook revision and the remaining three each come with one new kill team and one “existing unit plus an upgrade sprue” kill team. So if the theme for this season is jungle, it’d make sense for the first box to be scouts vs. striking scorpions and one of the follow up boxes to be catachans vs… I dunno, the new genestealers with an upgrade?

(Please do a vespid kill team, GW. Please.)

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Eej posted:

The most clever kit by far is the new Lictor. 3 different poses made possible by swapping out elbow pieces and rotating ball joints in the torso. I've never seen anything quite like it but I can't imagine it being the standard because Space Marines don't need that level of posability.

Different elbows and ball joint at the torso actually used to be the standard Space Marine kit.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Muir posted:

Different elbows and ball joint at the torso actually used to be the standard Space Marine kit.

old space marine poses are just different versions of taking a poo poo except they can look in different directions while doing so tho

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Eej posted:

old space marine poses are just different versions of taking a poo poo except they can look in different directions while doing so tho

they're just marking their territory

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Eej posted:

Supported by the fact that bare helmeted heads usually comes in two flavours, either aggressively making GBS threads or holding it in for dear life.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Cooked Auto posted:

Supported by the fact that bare helmeted heads usually comes in two flavours, either aggressively making GBS threads or holding it in for dear life.

The Codex Astartes is clear that a Space Marine should never trust a fart.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I am super down for Scout/ Striking Scorpion/ Catachan and even Vespid Killteam releases. I really wish the Tau would go back to being the “all the other aliens” team.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cooked Auto posted:

ROUGHAGE FOR THE REGULAR GOD
FIBER FOR THE PORCELAIN THRONE

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

rantmo posted:

The Codex Asfartes

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

rantmo posted:

The Codex Astartes is clear that a Space Marine should never trust a fart.

A trusted fart is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there any reason to put Scout Sentinels in a single unit instead of multiple units?

Instead of one three-Sentinel unit, you could have three units each dropping Daring Recon on different targets.

Or am I missing something?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

moths posted:

Is there any reason to put Scout Sentinels in a single unit instead of multiple units?

Instead of one three-Sentinel unit, you could have three units each dropping Daring Recon on different targets.

Or am I missing something?

The reinforcements strat lets you bring back a sentinels so if they're together you get all 3 back for 2CP once they die. I've got 2 armoured sentinels I run together in my list for that reason, with scouts it probably takes some experimentation to see if it's worth it over getting multiple recons.

E: Orders too, one order into 3 sentinels is a lot more efficient if you care about their shooting.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That makes sense, thanks.

I'm looking at using them as Brood Brothers - the synergy seems great with stolen indirect weapons and the orders would never come into play.

So in my case they're better singles, but if I ever run them AM it probably makes sense to bundle them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Cooked Auto posted:

I like the Painting Phase's take on that one.

https://youtu.be/qEnFO1fND4A?t=1723

(Link is for the point of the video where they talk about it; relevant bit is 28:43 to 32:05.)