Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Per his media availability yesterday, Mark Recchi was going to do work for NHL Network and local TV in Pittsburgh as well as a "corporate" job with the Pens had he not signed with CBJ as an assistant.

E- While I'm here, feel old some more:
https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1707087183201378764?t=9wMLxvNFWumRxYs4xHjo9Q&s=19

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oof not super great on Allen there.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Man how are Habs/Sens games always such penalty filled poo poo shows.

e:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9sjPzyQjk

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Man how are Habs/Sens games always such penalty filled poo poo shows.

e:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9sjPzyQjk

Feels like its been like that since the 2013 series.

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

Feels like its been like that since the 2013 series.

Yeah well it's dumb and continuing into the 3rd period.

e: Felt that one coming with Suzuki leading the breakout.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 28, 2023

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
Oilers are dressing their top two lines against the Canucks tonight, probably because they want to rub Calgary's nose in the clearly lackadaisical effort of their 10-0 win the other day

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ahhhh thats the good poo poo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Huggybear posted:

Oilers are dressing their top two lines against the Canucks tonight, probably because they want to rub Calgary's nose in the clearly lackadaisical effort of their 10-0 win the other day

4 total shots halfway through the 1st.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I missed Caufield

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MononcQc posted:

I missed Caufield

All three guys at forward I missed most scored tonight.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hahaha the bad goaltending works both ways.

Also yep scores first game back

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Is Julien Gauthier cool? Because he scored a PPG tonight and that's cool. We could use more of those.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Monahan with the power of the punch

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Mr. Fish posted:

Is Julien Gauthier cool? Because he scored a PPG tonight and that's cool. We could use more of those.

Bad news, he scores exactly one cool goal per season

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh my god man they're getting scored on for sure here that would be the most Habs/Sens 3rd period finish.

e: Streams a bit behind so I just saw Monahan lose his stick and just punch a dude for no penalty. :lol:
e2: I think he just fell over but sure I'll take it

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 28, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I also learned through this article that Brandon Sutter is an Oiler apparently and I suppose I have some bad news about your upcoming season, Connor

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mr. Fish posted:

Oh you poor bastard :lol:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Real Habs roster still more exciting than whatever mishmash of Laval Rocket and the will of Nick Suzuki that was for most of 2023. :toot:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Mr. Fish posted:

Always worth gambling on a cheap depth fast guy that creates a lot of breakaways (that he fires into the goalies chest) like Paul Byron etc but all his coaches hate him because he leaps the zone early/borderline cherry picks to get these opportunites.

6’4 224 with that speed, he could have been a deadly power forward if he was physical at all

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I also learned through this article that Brandon Sutter is an Oiler apparently and I suppose I have some bad news about your upcoming season, Connor

Sutter is on a PTO. Probably like 50/50 he signs but they don't really have a 4th line centre so

Edit: The Oilers also don't necessarily need a 4th line centre but I'd imagine if they sign Sutter it'll be on a 2 year deal so they can hopefully get him through waivers since to get him on the team means either losing Lavoie or sending Holloway down.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 28, 2023

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Real Habs roster still more exciting than whatever mishmash of Laval Rocket and the will of Nick Suzuki that was for most of 2023. :toot:

It's night and day.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon's in midseason cheap shot form.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

This is the first pre-season game Montreal wins since September 28 2019 apparently. It was easier for them to make it to the stanley cup finals and win a game there than pre-season somehow.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Fish posted:

he has a sick rear end shot and draws a ton of penalties because he’s huge and fast and goes down easily. he would be a useful 4th line guy for a team with a great power play because he’ll score a few individual effort goals, draw a lot of penalties, but otherwise not be very great at the rest of it. he’s like an extremely poor man’s Michael Grabner that’s 6’6”.

considering the Isles clocked in at about a 15% power play last year and he plays super far away from what a Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck style fourth line is…I’m guessing he won’t be a fan favorite. you definitely shouldn’t play all three of those guys and try Gauthier on the third line unless he’s taken a big step up randomly.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Josh Baileys on a PTO and wore an A today lol, pretty good sign these dumbasses are going to sign him to a contract

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Josh Baileys on a PTO and wore an A today lol, pretty good sign these dumbasses are going to sign him to a contract

Hey Josh Bailey

OOH AAH

I wanna know, will you get that bag?

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Mathieu Joseph actually looks good again. If Pierre has to give up a first rounder to get rid of him because of his cap mismanagement I’ll be ticked off. The reason they don’t have cap space is the pointless Bobby Ryan and Del Zotto buyouts and the retention on the awful Matt Murray contract.

That being said, the holdup on Pinto is really weird. The team has no cap space. Pinto has absolutely no leverage - he can sign for whatever they can pay him, or he can sit out the year. Not sure Pierre should be rushed into making a dumb trade just to sign Pinto when they could just replace him with Ridly Greig on an ELC. The Sens top 9 is as deep as it’s been since the Mike Fisher days, and I’m not too pleased that the depth will have to get broken up just to get Pinto in as the 3C.

Also, gonna be swell to see the team icing Bailey and Zack McEwan instead of the guys who’ve proven that they have NHL talent, in particular Sokolov and Smejkal.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 28, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Connor is never winning a cup, book it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/1707152360642941111

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
lightning 2020 3rd round pick (#85 OA) Maxim Groshev scored a bad rear end PP breakaway goal against the preds saros and their starting NHL defense, which is good. and looked good in the rookie showcase, which is also good. but its just preseason and he will probably be sent to the AHL with logan brown starting, which is bad.

nhl hockey 2023-2024: our knowledge has made us cynical. our cleverness, hard and unkind

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

“For most teams, it’s not difficult to find strengths and weaknesses up and down a team’s roster. For the Winnipeg Jets, it’s a lot trickier: it’s basically Connor Hellebuyck and then a whole bunch of “middles.”

Top of the lineup? Meh. Middle of the lineup? Meh. Bottom of the lineup? Meh. Forwards? Meh. Defensemen? Meh. Offense? Meh. Defense? Meh.”

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

fawning deference posted:

Benson rules but yes there is no need to rush him into an already loaded lineup. Preseason really means almost nothing, especially in the early games where there are minimal regulars in lineups and there's low physicality.

The issue with Benson is that he’s too good to go back to the WHL, can’t play in the AHL and is a small fry who will get murdered in the NHL. He’s in the same position Shane Wright was last season iirc where they’ll have to just hold him in Limbo most of the season. But like, he’s really good.

Also he played well with Tage and Skinny but lol at removing the only defensively-responsible forward off that line and replacing him with a tiny rookie. He’s got a bright future and the org needs to make sure that they’re set for this year and beyond. Tbh it’s a good thing that nobody knows what the opening night roster will look like on offense since the team is so stacked.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

how they can give Danault only +1 on defensive stuff is beyond me. Guy is a shutdown machine and has been in the top 10 selke votes like 4 times in a row recently, though I guess he got fewer votes since being in LA.

E: checked back and Shane Wright was +2 there?

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 28, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The issue with Benson is that he’s too good to go back to the WHL, can’t play in the AHL and is a small fry who will get murdered in the NHL. He’s in the same position Shane Wright was last season iirc where they’ll have to just hold him in Limbo most of the season. But like, he’s really good.

There is no such thing as too good for junior, especially for an 18 year old. Just send him back. He's shown well, now let him put up 125pts with Wenatchee.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I like how a guy like Trevor Lewis, who I have no problem believing is bad now, is apparently such a black hole on offense that he's singlehandedly canceling out all of the positive contributions of any individual skater save Fiala.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1707111977355530339?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pens sending a big boi roster tonight. Excited to definitely not overreact to any and all outcomes :) the org also sent Yager bomb back to the W after a fairly impressive camp.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/GustlTweets/status/1707259545184289018

I dunno what exactly led up to this but lol Clarke looks terrified.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/GustlTweets/status/1707259545184289018

I dunno what exactly led up to this but lol Clarke looks terrified.

https://twitter.com/grodysattva/status/1707389584265318559

A bit of a bigger hit than you'd expect in preseason, but a kid playing for a spot and a vet who just won a Cup on a team that's less likable than they were a few years ago getting pissy.

e- It's like a Goosebumps book. "Choose your own adventure!"

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 28, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lol Mark Stone is always such a grump. Pacific is gonna be a bloodbath this year.

But Brandt Clarke better not stay terrified of people cause uhh that's not gonna go well for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Diet Crack posted:

Connor is never winning a cup, book it.

Add the qualification "in Edmonton" and I will co-sign