Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Similar to my previous post:

quote:

I live in a huge apartment complex with about 500 tenants. I happen to live on the back side of the complex, with a window facing the dumpster in the alleyway. Many of the maintenance workers hang out in that alley when they’re not working. I’ve been working from home for six months now, meaning I spend way more time overhearing their conversations than I used to. They probably spend three to four hours a day just shooting the breeze. They laugh loudly, speak at a way higher volume than necessary, and tell an endless number of sexist jokes in Spanish (I speak Spanish fluently so I can understand every word). I hate having to listen to sexist vitriol for literally hours every day. I’ve tried headphones and a white noise machine but neither block out the sound.

I finally gave up and emailed management. Three of the guys were fired. They have been replaced with workers who spend significantly less time joking and hanging out in the back alley. I view this as a win: I don’t have to be subjected to this for hours every day, and the guys learned a valuable lesson about not going on sexist rants at work. My partner, on the other hand, is angry at me. They say I should’ve just talked to the men myself (which seems naïve, considering they clearly hate women) or, in my email to the complex, asked for the men not to be fired. I disagree. All I did was speak up about an issue that affected me—it’s not my responsibility how the complex chooses to handle it. My partner is basically saying I’m a monster for getting blue-collar workers fired. We cannot seem to move past this issue. Did I do the right thing? What can I do now to get my partner and I past this difference of opinion?

OP is in the right, there is no place in glorious worker's revolution for sexists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Partner just worried someone gonna pull the same thing on them. Check the browser history for mra stuff

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

quote:

My partner is basically saying I’m a monster for getting blue-collar workers fired. We cannot seem to move past this issue. Did I do the right thing? What can I do now to get my partner and I past this difference of opinion?

If only these poor blue collar workers could have done anything, anything at all, to avoid getting fired. Also, :sever:

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That’s what tin snips are for.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Having been a noble, blue-collar union man myself I can say for a fact that the noble, blue-collar union man is coincidentally often some flavor of racist & or misogynist piece of poo poo. And non-union guys?? Don’t even get me started.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Breetai posted:

There is an entire online community devoted to convincing people who think their dicks are too small that they are, that they cannot possibly be pleasing their partners despite all evidence to the contrary, and there is one true path to fixing their problem which is penile origami. He likely is speaking to men about this.

It's the Lamarck theory of evolution in practice: If generations of men keep stretching their dicks, eventually their descendants will have humongous schlongs.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Radar posted:

There’s a case to be made he should have shown up to prove he wasn’t the father just for the kid’s sake. She’s being raised by bad people and I can’t see things getting better now that they’ll think they were tricked into taking her.

The alternative being the mom that ditched him on the first family she could get to believe her kid was their son's? poo poo situation in every direction.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Cowslips Warren posted:

you never hear a guy say he wants to get kicked in the balls

Maybe you don't. There are absolutely guys who do

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Eh, I think there is more than one case where a son tells his parents that a child is not his when it is very much in fact, his. The parents are not always right on their instincts about their son's actions but the right thing to do for a child is to err towards the benefit of the child and take it on faith that the mother is not lying.

If the parents still believed that the child was his despite him telling them he was in a different country when conception happened, that's on them though. (I don't think he gave them the explanation;. He is just loving the fact through omission of fact, that he got his parents to look after a child they didn't plan for through misguided obligation).

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Eh, I think there is more than one case where a son tells his parents that a child is not his when it is very much in fact, his. The parents are not always right on their instincts about their son's actions but the right thing to do for a child is to err towards the benefit of the child and take it on faith that the mother is not lying.

If the parents still believed that the child was his despite him telling them he was in a different country when conception happened, that's on them though. (I don't think he gave them the explanation;. He is just loving the fact through omission of fact, that he got his parents to look after a child they didn't plan for through misguided obligation).

The parents could have got a dna test at any point. To hell with them. Sucks for the kid to be raised by religious bigots, but that's the world we live in.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Midnight Voyager posted:

The alternative being the mom that ditched him on the first family she could get to believe her kid was their son's? poo poo situation in every direction.

Yeah fair

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
If the OP is gay, what is the relationship between him and the child's mother that she was able to find his parents and convince them that it was OP's kid? They must have been fairly close for her to have access to this level of information unless she was literally going door to door trying to fob the kid off on the first rubes who would take her.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Maybe you don't. There are absolutely guys who do

There was a guy who used to hang around an old mall by where I used to live and he would pay women 25 dollars to stomp on his balls behind one of the loading docks.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Coca Koala posted:

also hang on can we briefly address where this man works because "I found it in the parking lot at work" brings up so many questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSABauyWz0

AITA for not wanting my girlfriend to share our sex life with her friends?

quote:

No A-holes here

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 2 months now, and we are really happy together. She hasn't been in a "serious" relationship before, by which I mean her previous relationships have been mostly under wraps from her family, and haven't involved much beyond sex. She leads a decently busy life (college student), so up until this point she's considered the idea of something serious to not really be within the realm of reality. I wasn't interested in fully casual, but was fond of the idea of not needing to see each other 24/7 (I also have personal interests and things that keep me busy beyond work), and we've managed to make it work for both of us and are comfortable. I've had 2 serious relationships before (one that was 3 years, another about 1 year), and I feel I've done a decent job showing her what life is like in a relationship where you care for one another beyond lust, and she's been really appreciative and also done the same for me.

Now, to get to the meat and potatoes, with her prior relationships being mostly devoid of this sort of mutual care, she's openly told me that in the past, sex hasn't really carried deeper feelings beyond physical attraction, and so it has meant something different for her before us.

I explain the above as I feel it, and her young age/inexperience in relationships, to be the reason for this behavior of hers that I'm not a big fan of. She's laughed about how her friends have reacted to some stuff her and I have done together (for example, I have one of those under-the-mattress systems that strap your partner's [or your] wrists and ankles to the bed, which she's told them about), and while I laugh with her about it, I feel a bit invaded. Admittedly, when I was early in my first serious relationship, there were one or two friends who I'd tell about certain stuff I did with my SO, feeling like I had to tell someone about it because it was just that good. I was 17 at the time, and as time went on (likely after 4 or so months), I realized that the experience itself, and the person I'm sharing it with, are more than enough to keep me happy/satisfied, and that bragging about it doesn't tend to get you anywhere.

One of the things that bothers me about it is that I haven't met a couple of the friends she's talked to this stuff about, making me feel like they could be internally trivializing me as her sex thing, and not the guy who cares more about being there for her when her pet gets sick, or watching a movie while eating spaghetti.

Another instance; she was taking a Snapchat of me while I opened my Christmas gift from her, which confused me a bit, but I proceeded to unwrap the present, and saw she'd got me (us) one of those vibrating cock rings. She was laughing the whole time and honestly I just felt really uncomfortable. I asked why she filmed it and she said she wanted to send it to the 3 people who helped pick it out with her (one being male, but a friend of mine so i'm not concerned on that front), as well as an ex FWB of hers who she claims to be decent friends with now, though they don't hang out, just snap each other, basically. I should clarify, I do trust her, even though I have zero care/respect for this guy for a few reasons, so I'm not really worried about that part, but why did he have to be on the send list of this snap? I told her not to send it to him in particular, but that I guess it's fine to send to the rest.

We have a very healthy sex life, and I'm very grateful for that, but my guess is based on her past experiences, she feels obligated to share personal details about us in the bedroom that I feel only really belong in said bedroom.

Anyway, do you guys think this is unreasonable? AITA? And if not, how should I go about talking to her about this without seeming controlling? Thanks in advance, didn't know where else to go about this.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

erosion posted:

AITA for not wanting my girlfriend to share our sex life with her friends?

Ages conspicuously absent.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Charles Leclerc posted:

Ages conspicuously absent.

:ohno:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

cyberia posted:

If the OP is gay, what is the relationship between him and the child's mother that she was able to find his parents and convince them that it was OP's kid? They must have been fairly close for her to have access to this level of information unless she was literally going door to door trying to fob the kid off on the first rubes who would take her.

Considering his parents wouldn't even consider the possibility that it wasn't his, at any point, there is a non-zero chance that there she was, in fact, going door to door to fob the kid off on the first rubes who would take her.
"At last! A grandchild! Get your rear end back here and be a proper father! What do you mean it's not yours?! Knock that poo poo off and get over here!"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Considering his parents wouldn't even consider the possibility that it wasn't his, at any point, there is a non-zero chance that there she was, in fact, going door to door to fob the kid off on the first rubes who would take her.
"At last! A grandchild! Get your rear end back here and be a proper father! What do you mean it's not yours?! Knock that poo poo off and get over here!"

At least door to door of people whose sons she knew, since he admits he did know her, he just doesn’t specify what their connection was.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

At least door to door of people whose sons she knew, since he admits he did know her, he just doesn’t specify what their connection was.

He admits to being a manwhore, so quite possibly he was banging her roommate/friend/brother at some point.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
WIBTA for telling my husband he's just fat?

quote:

Husband and me (both 30s), together 5 years, get annoyed with eachother but overall a good team.
for the first two years of the relationship he joke ALL the time, "i love you forever, unless you become fat!'
of course this is not great but i have never had extra weight and at the time no other issues for the relationship

well now of course HE is fat!! and really! when he puts on his socks he looks like a lollipop now. this is not my favorite but i never say anything to him. never anything negative about his body, never anything about his comments to me the first 2 years. i think ok, he's foolish but the relationship is good and i like his person more than his belly (big or small).

well at least half the days for the last 3 years he says, "this is not how my body usually is! for me this is so unusual to have belly! this is not natural for me my nature is that i am very trim and in shape!'

i am sick of hearing it! it always reminds me how he said all those times that he would leave me. and this is not unusual it is regular now. for 3 years it is regular.
i just want him to shut up and be fat like he is or actually make effort to looking like he says he does.

my friend tells me i am a jerk bc i am not thinking about solutions but i really don't care what he does or doesn't
my aunt tells me it's not worth creating a problem but he is making me so mad all of the time!
i am not allowed to be fat but now almost every day i have to listen to him lie about the body i am looking at?

WIBTA if i say to my husband that he really is just fat now? he is fat and i want him to stop talking to pretend that he is fit?

TLDR husband jokes that i have to stay trim, gets fat, won't stop talking about how he is not.
i want to tell him that he really is just fat now and to stop telling me he is naturally in shape.

"im not fat! im not fat!!", i continue to insist as i slowly balloon and transform into a lollipop

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

r/relationships: when he puts on his socks he looks like a lollipop now

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Lone Badger posted:

He admits to being a manwhore, so quite possibly he was banging her roommate/friend/brother at some point.

I lost interest as soon as I saw "manwhore" because it's the same kind of lovely term as "white slavery"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Maroon Hawk posted:

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
/r/relationships: i just want him to shut up and be fat like he is

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

trickybiscuits posted:

Similar to my previous post:

OP is in the right, there is no place in glorious worker's revolution for sexists

Making sexist jokes while also failing to maintain the basic expectations of the masculinity that's connected to that is some 'gently caress around and find out' poo poo. If you're going to be a sexist who is making GBS threads on women for not properly acting into their gender roles (in your opinion), you better at the very least be pulling your weight 'as a man'.

Sitting around doing nothing all day isn't in any way being a good 'provider'. By their own standards, these half-men don't have a leg to stand on for judging women. They're the shittiest examples of the very manhood they espouse.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lol god drat, two titles in a row now :whatup:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Lone Badger posted:

Definitely leaning toward this with the whole "not my signature on the birth certificate" line, had to have been someone he knew or a friend-of-a-friend thing. Sounds like she tried forgery & when the parents sued, everything came to light.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I lost interest as soon as I saw "manwhore" because it's the same kind of lovely term as "white slavery"

Can you explain this? I hear manwhore a lot as an endearing term gay men use to describe themselves and each other. I can't say I've seen "white slavery" ever used as a term of endearment for oneself or ones freinds.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Putting "man" in front of the word "whore" means that whores are usually women and you have to specify. Same with putting the word "white" in front of the word "slavery" means that slavery is exclusively POC and needs a modifier otherwise.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Plus calling yourself a "whore" if you're not getting paid is stolen sex worker valor. The word dude is looking for is "slut".

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

Plus calling yourself a "whore" if you're not getting paid is stolen sex worker valor. The word dude is looking for is "slut".

manslut

E: Does this also apply to mansplaining? women usually explain so when men do it it requires a modifier?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If you want to be obtuse, sure.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Manobtuse :eng101:

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Tarkus posted:

manslut

E: Does this also apply to mansplaining? women usually explain so when men do it it requires a modifier?

If all you think mansplaining is is just "men explaining things" then you need to learn more

"Man I'm tired of this professor always standing up there and mansplaining the curriculum to us."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Perhaps a man can explain it to them.

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Not sure I understand this visual. Is it his fat legs sticking out from the socks that looks like a lollipop? Or is it his round belly? Or something else

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The white socks that go up to his knees look like the stick. From the knees up he gets wider, which is the lollipop part.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I interpreted it as him having scrawny legs but a very round body. Normally I call that shape "egg on toothpicks"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for telling my son he will not be taking over the family business and it is going to my daughter

quote:

I have two kids my oldest son and my daughter. They are 25 and 21. We have a family business that works on farm equipment and it is a very good business. Most farmers if something break can usually fix it but when they call us they will pay a lot so they don’t have to buy another half million tractor.

Anyways I have been telling my kids since they were young that if they want to take over the business that they have to get a business degree and work a lot with me to learn everything. Basically they have to put in the work.

When they were both teenagers I took them on jobs so they would understand the job. My son made it very clear he didn’t want the job and went to college for sociology. My daughter on the other hand threw herself into the business. She is about to graduate with a business and robotics majors. She also decided to stay at home during college and she has been working with me in her free time. The only issue with my daughter is that she has trouble lifting things but that what strength training is for.

So now is the problem my son gave me a call, he moved away for a job after graduation and he told me he wants to take over the business. I told him no and it’s going to his sister. This started a huge argument and he called me a jerk. He contacted some of my older relatives and they are mad at me also

Editing: I’m not splitting the business it causes way to many problems.

AITA acting superior at my middle school reunion

quote:

Im 23 F. In middle school i was excluded and treated really harshly by my fellow classmates. I lived in a predominantly asian area and am asian myself, but i was never seen as “asian enough” by most of my other peers because i was chubby and didn’t do well in school (neurodivergent). They would constantly be passive aggressive to me and act like i was a pest whenever i was trying to genuinely be nice so i started resenting them and hanging out with the people who actually accepted me.

Today i changed a lot. I lost tons of weight after high school and i made friends with a photographer who helped me get a start up with modeling. Im no where near as successful as a Naomi campbell but i do high fashion editorial modeling. Im proud of my position and im aware that im very fortunate to be in the position i am in.

Yesterday night was my middle school reunion, i have a good group of friends ive known since middle school so we all went together. When we arrived i felt uncomfortable and only spoke to my group or the people who didn’t treat me like crap, whenever one of the people who used to act lovely towards me tried to speak to me i just ignored them, continuing to talk and not looking at them at all. I didn’t see an issue, they did the same thing to me, but apparently it irritated one of the dudes (this one posted my low test score to humiliate me in middle school). He came up to me and was trying to talk to me but i just ignored him. He started telling me i thought i was better than everyone else and i was acting like a stuck up prick. I replied that i am better than everyone else and that’s why i have a more successful career. We then had some back and forth because i mentioned that he treated me like crap so he shouldn’t act entitled to my time or respect, at that point my friends told me to let’s just leave. I personally feel like you dish out what you get, they all did the same poo poo to me in middle school. My friends were all on my side but some of them felt like i could’ve tried to be nice to keep the peace. AITA?

are there really middle school reunions? poo poo it's been over 20 years since I graduated high school, I didn't think they were a thing still, or do I need to wait another 30?

redditior had a high school reunion i wish i could have seen:

quote:

Three people were rushed to the hospital with alcohol poisoning.

Four people were treated for stab wounds (but refused hospital transport; that poor triage nurse was beside herself after her shift when she told me)

Seven people were arrested--including two of the people with stab wounds

There were almost three thousand dollars worth of damage to the building

A "truly insane" number of cars were vandalized (no idea on the actual number; I heard all of this third hand after everything was said and done, lol)

The state's version of SWAT was called, and they came with lots of dogs (and several of the officers, who were shopping at the store I worked at, said that they hadn't had enough time to grab actual dog treats for the good boys).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

coronatae posted:

I interpreted it as him having scrawny legs but a very round body. Normally I call that shape "egg on toothpicks"

Imagine being married to Eggman.