Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ty for the daily reddit report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Alan_Shore posted:

Hmm hmm very disingenuous and factually incorrect

Please do better

At the very least, put up the "SICKOS" "Yes! Ha ha ha...YES!" cartoon, that way there'd be some actual humor to go along with the complete misinterpretation of the various "RIP Jade's knees at the Performance Center" posts :v:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

You can both wish the best for Jade while acknowledging the PC has historically been a knee destroying factory

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You can both wish the best for Jade while acknowledging the PC has historically been a knee destroying factory

Yeah but you can also do almost anything in a way that's weird and not weird. Devil's in the details.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

True I just want her to skip the PC because I'd rather her not be injured even if I'm not going to watch it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah but you can also do almost anything in a way that's weird and not weird. Devil's in the details.

What is the non-weird way of saying "RIP [wrestler's] knees at the Performance Center", because people have previously said that about roughly a zillion other wrestlers who've gone there, and this is the first time I can recall any sort of pearl clutching about it

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 27, 2023

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Let's not be ridiculous. It has destroyed just as many shoulders.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

*somberly* i really hope her knees aren't crushed to a fine dust and mixed into the paul bearer prop urn

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
*Terry Gilliam-style cartoon of Performance Center wrestlers having their knees destroyed by various antique implements*

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Their fan base seems to think he’s the reincarnation of his father and he can have the WWE run his dad never got to have. I doubt they have ever seen BeePee wrestle. Most of them probably never even saw Brian Pillman wrestle either and just know about his Loose Cannon gimmick from documentaries. Jr always struggled in big matches in AEW because he would either blow spots or look lost but will probably be fine in the nxt environment if his matches are heavily agented.

He will have regular 2 star matches along with the occasional 3 star match by WWE standards that will be evidence that he was good all along.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://nypost.com/2023/09/27/becky-lynch-out-to-help-fix-wwes-credibility-issue-in-raw-womens-division/

Becky Lynch posted:

I need people on this level. But if nobody’s getting any TV time. If nobody’s getting any storytime then they can’t rise up because nobody knows who the hell they are.

Hopefully Jade can rescue the WWE women's division

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Would jade and nia jax as women’s world tag team champs be best case scenario or worst case scenario

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Some might say women have been booked poorly since time began, starting with the Eve heel turn not that many opportunities for women to get over.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So does the WWE women's division get more TV time than AEW's or not :confused:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

When they had Dark and Elevation the AEW women were getting more match time but WWE is likely beating them out now. Both could use to give them more time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yes. But they tend to push the same people and it makes it more difficult for anyone to become main eventers. Like you have the clear top of Becky/Rhea/Bianca/Charlotte/Asuka. Bayley should be here, but she's been jobbing way too much lately. Then after that you have a lot of women who might get pushed for a bit but then eventually fall into the cursed tag team division, like Liv Morgan. IYO needs a good long reign to avoid this fate.

Like Tegan should be getting on TV so people can get invested in her, because she's really talented. So it's nice to see her involved in a story with Becky and getting some time on TV to talk and wrestle.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's really not that weird to be worried for Jade's knees when the PC has a long history of exploding knees, especially among the women. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure the Rock's daughter ended up with three separate leg injuries before she even ended up on tv.

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

bryan danielson in the flippin dirt!

lol, who do you think taught her to lie like this?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

MJeff posted:

AEW Freakazoids: Mm. Ah. Mmm. Interesting. Well. A devastating career shortening and life-affecting injury ought to sort THIS out.

I mean I think this about most people

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

There have been main roster WWE television episodes without a single women’s match THIS YEAR but the freaks will never admit that. Matches longer than 4 minutes are the exception not the rule. NXT is better about it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Atillo posted:

lol, who do you think taught her to lie like this?

Cody?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah but Super Nintendo is better, idiot.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Vandar posted:

It's really not that weird to be worried for Jade's knees when the PC has a long history of exploding knees, especially among the women. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure the Rock's daughter ended up with three separate leg injuries before she even ended up on tv.

It's less about that and more about the not-so-subtle implication that people who posted about Jade having her knees ruined at the WWE Knee Ruining Factory, were somehow :pray: that she would suffer said knee injuries for the crime of leaving AEW, when in fact nobody had actually said anything of the sort.

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
. . did anyone say en ex knee yet

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Let's do some science. Bell to bell time, per cagematch.

Let's compare the two main shows to each other, for three weeks. I don't know if the WWE times are typical, but here's the math

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Honestly, WWE should catch more poo poo for having the better women's division and using them so poorly. I remember long stretches of time where it was said on here that Bayley or Asuka or their respective tag teams carried the show. Not the division, the entire show. Yet I defy everybody to remember who they feuded against, or how those feuds ended.

WWE has top performers that manage to shine in the absence of creative direction the company might have. God help them when they are put in a program that WWE had actually planned.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MJeff posted:

Jade Cargill: I'm really excited to move on to a new stage of my career and all of the things my new workplace can do for me. :)
AEW Freakazoids: Mm. Ah. Mmm. Interesting. Well. A devastating career shortening and life-affecting injury ought to sort THIS out.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

We've moved on

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxR8NTW7tCo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

pillman jr doesn't have the charisma or the speaking ability his dad had

he'll never leave the failsons stable it doesn't matter how many times he changes companies

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Gonna form the first intergender tag team with Jade Cargill, and they will only refer to themselves as "This B" and "That B".

A Bananas in Pyjamas based tag team where they are B1 and B2 respectively would be much better.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It would surprise me if they kept Pillman's name, just because it might bring attention to the whole "wrestlers dying young" thing. It might also introduce more people to that extremely dodgy live interview Vince did with Pillman's widow just hours after he died. Then again, everything seems to suggest that there's no point in signing him if he doesn't have the name? Anyway, welcome to WWE British Petroleum.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

projecthalaxy posted:

Let's compare the two main shows to each other, for three weeks. I don't know if the WWE times are typical, but here's the math

The RAW roster is low on stars (just Rhea/Becky and maaaaaybe Liv, who is hurt). It's high on potential in terms of there's quite a few good workers (Candice, Shayna, Piper, Tegan, Zoey) but aside from Zoey and Shayna they haven't been really given any chances.

I think Liv getting hurt threw a wrench in their plans.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

So wwe has them not only in quality but also quantity.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looks like WWE will be airing on Abema in Japan after not being broadcast in the country for a couple years. Interesting because Abema is a CyberAgent subsidiary, the same people that own DDT, TJPW and NOAH

https://twitter.com/tospo_battle/status/1707306795717595191

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lol at putting Tozawa on the Raw poster. At least Nakamura, Asuka and Iyo have been featured. Has Tozawa even been on Raw this year?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
still think it's hilarious that WWE tried to kill Japan off like they did the UK scene and not only were they told to go home, a lot of companies started to absorb each other just so there was no chance of it happening

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

pillman jr doesn't have the charisma or the speaking ability his dad had

he'll never leave the failsons stable it doesn't matter how many times he changes companies

It’s going to be so funny to see them try and give him the loose cannon gimmick to a guy who has no charisma in a PG environment. Is he gonna tell the NXT universe that he’s gonna take his dick out and piss on them?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gaz-L posted:

Lol at putting Tozawa on the Raw poster. At least Nakamura, Asuka and Iyo have been featured. Has Tozawa even been on Raw this year?

Tozawa is 1-1-1 on Raw this year, splitting 3 minute matches with the Miz and then not winning an Intercontinental Contenders Battle Royal. 7-4 on Main Event though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Beepie has a super-soaker!!