Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Yeah, from just using it a little bit I noticed that it felt more like a ranged attack with a very limited range rather than Nemesis's 'stack-of-tubes' whip hitbox. The massive delay in that video certainly wouldn't have helped things though, yeesh. I'll probably just avoid playing Xeno for a bit until the tail hits where it actually lands again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MFT is such a dumb loving perk. No wonder killer has the 100% bribe all the time. It's so unfun now.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Thanks everyone for clearing up my misunderstanding! It's still possible for the effect to trigger really frequently for survivors though, so I feel like it could stand to have some tweaking.

Yeah MFT loving sucks and I'm tired of every chase being "do you have this?". Guessing as soon as the Gabe rift ends they're going to nerf it within a week.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

Thanks everyone for clearing up my misunderstanding! It's still possible for the effect to trigger really frequently for survivors though, so I feel like it could stand to have some tweaking.

IMO, much like Old Dead Hard (which is still a good perk mind you it's just not universally excellent anymore) and Old Old DS it needs some kind of activation condition that isn't cooldown based. I enjoy that there's an easy to use info perk that's actually good and isn't countered by anti-aura stuff, but it is definitely oppressive as hell as-is. I initially thought about M1 hits (not downs, allowing for hit and run and to not just make it Infectious Fright Two) but that penalizes killers like Billy who don't want to use M1 a lot. It's anti-stealth so my second option of "time in chase" also doesn't fit. I dunno, but tweaking the cooldown I think isn't enough.

rydiafan posted:

MFT is such a dumb loving perk. No wonder killer has the 100% bribe all the time. It's so unfun now.

I've had a "stun the killer with a pallet 6 times" archive from like, tome 3 or something, for a week and a half now. I can't get it because nobody is playing M1 killers right now. In 50 games I have yet to go against Wraith, Billy, Hag, Freddy, Pig, Legion, Twins, Trickster, Pinhead, Artist, Sadako, or Dredge. I bolded the M1 killers and underlined killers who are bugged/low pickrate in general. No Sadako or Legion is frankly crazy but the rest? It's either "MFT has made the killer unfun" or "is a unicorn at the best of times"
In contrast I have gone against more Huntresses since the most recent patch that broke Xeno's tail than I did Xeno when she was oppressive as all hell.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

If it's not in the same match and you can just take separate stuns, you can also always wait on a pallet to take a hit and stun them during the blood wipe.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I've been playing a lot of Legion/Plague with Blood Echo (and sometimes also Fearmonger) because it feels nice to just turn that perk off for the multiple people running it every game. It's also pretty nice for frenzy's deep wounds to turn off endurance effects and plague's sickness to make their medkits and Adrenaline pointless.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I play plague too but Legion feels like special punishment by the buckle up ftp meta. I'm going to play spirit until the new no footsteps noise perk becomes meta.

Seriously something with the sound got unfucked by one of these recent patches because I'm suddenly a spirit savant again. There are times I feel I'm even stronger than nurse, especially on unhooks where i can chase wounded unhookers by their groans. Dgaf about buckle up either, ok my juice is up I'll just catch you AGAIN thanks for the free healthstate, reviving flashlight gal!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Vanguard Warden posted:

I've been playing a lot of Legion/Plague with Blood Echo (and sometimes also Fearmonger) because it feels nice to just turn that perk off for the multiple people running it every game. It's also pretty nice for frenzy's deep wounds to turn off endurance effects and plague's sickness to make their medkits and Adrenaline pointless.

Plague + Exhaustion perks sounds like great fun, I may have to try this. Fearmonger is excellent because it also blinds, which is low-key even better than exhaustion. What's the rest of the build on Plague look like if we're going down that route?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

This is what I've been running on Plague lately, mostly for the fun of it. Aside from the Blood Echo and Fearmonger, Hysteria will regularly give me pseudo-undetectable whenever someone cleanses and inevitably gets re-infected for free downs just walking up to someone broken on a gen. If nobody cleanses and they all rush gens, Terminus stops cleansing from healing them in the end-game until after they've opened a gate and started the collapse going for extra time pressure on late-game hook saves. If you want to be more try-hardy instead you just go with Corrupt Intervention and Deadlock as your 2 other perks, those work on every killer.

The addons are my favorite combo of more duration on infected objects and more infection from interacting with said objects, so that I can tag all the gens and keep them tagged even while using corrupt purge and people become broken in only ~33 seconds of working on one rather than 50 seconds. The increased infection duration applies to stuff infected survivors touch on top of objects you tag with puke yourself, so just a little extended duration goes a long way to make survivors keep everything around the map infected for you. Both of those addons together make cleansing much less effective for survivors when all the gens will put them right back into infected and broken again.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 28, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

curiousTerminal posted:

I've had a "stun the killer with a pallet 6 times" archive from like, tome 3 or something, for a week and a half now. I can't get it because nobody is playing M1 killers right now. In 50 games I have yet to go against Wraith, Billy, Freddy, Pig, Legion, Twins, Trickster, Pinhead, Artist, Sadako, or Dredge. I bolded the M1 killers and underlined killers who are bugged/low pickrate in general. No Sadako or Legion is frankly crazy but the rest? It's either "MFT has made the killer unfun" or "is a unicorn at the best of times"
In contrast I have gone against more Huntresses since the most recent patch that broke Xeno's tail than I did Xeno when she was oppressive as all hell.

ftfy

imo while Lisa is technically an M1 killer, you should really only be getting teleport hits or catching someone with their pants down healing and usually if a survivor is stunning you you're just messing around in end game or given up gens to secure one kill.

Also this thread is full of a bunch of sickos who enjoy playing Plague. smh

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Well, at least TCM and DBD have $15 skins in common

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Medullah posted:

Having custom chainsaw sounds is gonna be amazing.

First time you hear the boy rev up you'll know if you're facing against some poor pleab Leatherface who's gonna get bullied or an invested and fearsome Dollarhide.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That isn't a joke? Sixteen dollars?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
That's the sort of "developer tip" style DLC I'll happily buy for dev teams I really love (like Ghost Ship).

The idea of doing that for the TCM dev team, who barely interact with the community and when they do so do not engender anything approaching good will... it's fuckin' ludicrous. Also Ghost Ships "tip" DLCs are still like half the price!

But considering their current DLC which gives a couple meaningless animations and nothing else costs $8, I totally believe it.

In good news, they finally seem to have fixed stun-chaining.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 28, 2023

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

GlyphGryph posted:

That's the sort of "developer tip" style DLC I'll happily buy for dev teams I really love (like Ghost Ship).

The idea of doing that for the TCM dev team, who barely interact with the community and when they do so do not engender anything approaching good will... it's fuckin' ludicrous. Also Ghost Ships "tip" DLCs are still like half the price!

But considering their current DLC which gives a couple meaningless animations and nothing else costs $8, I totally believe it.

In good news, they finally seem to have fixed stun-chaining.

Their Dev team will literally ban you from the official TCM discord if you are too negative lol. Not toxic mind you, but just discussing or criticizing the game constructively but without praise.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8HieOWGtbs

I couldn't check this guy's hours but this was definitely an MMR Moment. Side note: The blast mine change means it combos with repressed alliance even better than before and my friends have been having a lot of fun with that.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Its similar to the Savini skins for f13 and Evil Dead. They do stuff like that

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Vanguard Warden posted:

This is what I've been running on Plague lately, mostly for the fun of it. Aside from the Blood Echo and Fearmonger, Hysteria will regularly give me pseudo-undetectable whenever someone cleanses and inevitably gets re-infected for free downs just walking up to someone broken on a gen. If nobody cleanses and they all rush gens, Terminus stops cleansing from healing them in the end-game until after they've opened a gate and started the collapse going for extra time pressure on late-game hook saves. If you want to be more try-hardy instead you just go with Corrupt Intervention and Deadlock as your 2 other perks, those work on every killer.

The addons are my favorite combo of more duration on infected objects and more infection from interacting with said objects, so that I can tag all the gens and keep them tagged even while using corrupt purge and people become broken in only ~33 seconds of working on one rather than 50 seconds. The increased infection duration applies to stuff infected survivors touch on top of objects you tag with puke yourself, so just a little extended duration goes a long way to make survivors keep everything around the map infected for you. Both of those addons together make cleansing much less effective for survivors when all the gens will put them right back into infected and broken again.

Will give this a try, thank you! I've been a dedicated Artist main for quite a while but there's something about Plague and this sort of build style in particular that has me very tempted to swap over.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think Terminus is all that great with Plague, tbh. It definitely works with the proper endgame build with her, but by itself I think you're gonna get more value out of other perks. If you're going to commit to it, go full Terminus/No Way Out to maximize your time with it.

It's nice to counter cleansing in endgame, since most good survivors don't bother cleansing against Plague to deny her power, but meh...other perks are more useful to me.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Looks like the German and Korean DBD twitter accounts are shutting down for whatever reason and they're giving farewell codes.

DANKE - 200k BP
GAMSAHABNIDA - 200k BP

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

If you're going to commit to it, go full Terminus/No Way Out to maximize your time with it.

True, but I was running it that way over Hysteria for a bit and didn't see much extra value. In my experience survivors trigger No Way Out and then hide inside lockers/grass for 1 minute so at best it gives me an extra hook stage on camping someone to death in the end-game. That's a bit redundant when Terminus keeps them broken for 30 seconds after they actually get the gate open and the time to heal after that adds up to a full hook stage anyway, and if I'm first-hooking someone at endgame then I probably didn't get many tokens for No Way Out anyway.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I guess. Most of my Plague matches the survivors never cleanse, so I wouldn't get use out of Hysteria either

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Eh, even if they never cleanse Hysteria will still get you 30 seconds of undetectable on the entire team when the last guy finally ticks over unless you're super unlucky with the cooldown timing. Tinkerer is only 16 seconds once per gen in comparison, 30 seconds is plenty to sneak up on someone infected on a gen and get a free down when Fearmonger has them both blind and exhausted. Running Blood Echo serves as a little extra incentive for survivors to cleanse so you're covered for both extremes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vanguard Warden posted:

Eh, even if they never cleanse Hysteria will still get you 30 seconds of undetectable on the entire team when the last guy finally ticks over unless you're super unlucky with the cooldown timing. Tinkerer is only 16 seconds once per gen in comparison, 30 seconds is plenty to sneak up on someone infected on a gen and get a free down when Fearmonger has them both blind and exhausted. Running Blood Echo serves as a little extra incentive for survivors to cleanse so you're covered for both extremes.

I mean, if Undetectable is what you seek let me tell you about one of my core perks, Trail of Torment. Since it got buffed a couple months ago I've used it a ton, and if you kick the right generator it lasts forever.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I never seem to get any value out of No Way Out for that reason, by the time I waddle all the way to the gate after the alert everyone is just gone and waiting the timer out

Also wow, Waterlogged Shoe Hag with PWYF is funnier than a barrel of monkeys. Sure, bring MFT, I'm still faster than your silly rear end

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 29, 2023

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

I mean, if Undetectable is what you seek let me tell you about one of my core perks, Trail of Torment.

I've wanted that perk for awhile for like the only on-demand undetectable in the game outside of Insidious, but it's never come up on the shrine yet when I've been paying attention. I literally have both of the other two Pyramid Head perks, but I never cared strongly enough about the killer or his perks to buy him. I'm nearly up to 9k shards again, I might unlock Singularity just to quickly round out all the killer-specific challenges before the rift ends.

Also today I learned that Hex: Undying will consume itself to protect one of your Hex: Pentimento totems if a survivor breaks a dull totem for you to rekindle before any of your hex totems. I lost my Third Seal totem on a Legion game sooner than I should have that way, boo.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Sep 29, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/dbdcodes/status/1707878344782389290?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

About 8 matches tonight.

Half of them? Hit squads with meta perks and legit coordination. Not cheating, but I'm bad and can't handle that haha.

The other half?

Now, two of the newbie matches were with killers I haven't played in a while, which actually would make sense if they weren't really, really newbies. One was an Oni match, and I haven't won with him since I started tracking my stats in this game so hey, makes sense. But the next...Spirit, who I have a 80%+ win/draw rate with. I felt like Anakin visiting the younglings.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
2 posts, 2 Star Wars references. You're in the wrong thread! :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

2 posts, 2 Star Wars references. You're in the wrong thread! :)

New Survivor Rey, perks are all boring and useless

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Medullah posted:

New Survivor Rey, perks are all boring and useless

:jerkbag:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just got back from Saw X (it was extremely good) and I've got a hankering to play Pig some more. What are the good builds for her these days? I know about the Ultimate Weapon nonsense but I'd prefer to avoid that as it feels kinda cheaty. My main worries are the usual hope + mft bullshit and generally being bad at finishing up chases with m1 killers.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The trick to Pig is that she has to play dirty since she has nothing to help in a chase and you'll get hosed if you try engaging chases on overly safe maps (read: most of the maps). Once you get a hook + trap though, the vast majority of the time you know where that person is going, straight to the nearest box and they probably won't heal before they do it. If you meet them there you likely have a second down, no one pays attention at boxes

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

The trick to Pig is that she has to play dirty since she has nothing to help in a chase and you'll get hosed if you try engaging chases on overly safe maps (read: most of the maps). Once you get a hook + trap though, the vast majority of the time you know where that person is going, straight to the nearest box and they probably won't heal before they do it. If you meet them there you likely have a second down, no one pays attention at boxes

Yeah, it's just sometimes very difficult for me to get that first down since as you said she has nothing to help in a chase. I don't really know what to do about that.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
For m1 killers I like to bring perks that help against loops, like Coup de Grace and Superior Anatomy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think it's less that they don't pay attention and more that they hope the Pig "plays by the unwritten rules" and won't attack you on a box.

Ultimate Weapon is mean as gently caress on her since she can turn her terror radius on and off at will. I used it a few times with Sadako and it's insane how much you can get them to scream in 30 seconds

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Coup is a good idea, might give that a try. I personally have zero issues with harassing people at boxes, and will do so at every opportunity. I mainly struggle with chases with healthy untrapped folks as there's not much to help you out there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Medullah posted:

I think it's less that they don't pay attention and more that they hope the Pig "plays by the unwritten rules" and won't attack you on a box.

Ultimate Weapon is mean as gently caress on her since she can turn her terror radius on and off at will. I used it a few times with Sadako and it's insane how much you can get them to scream in 30 seconds

I like to run up to people at boxes and stick my head right up to them to see if they panic

A lot of people don't, surprisingly, and continue doing box with me just staring at them

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Sometimes survivors don't really have a choice, if they stop working on the box and run off with an active trap then they have a good chance of dying from their head popping rather than from hooks. At least if you down them and hook them their trap timer is paused while they stay nearby the box they need to finish searching.

Pig players are also generally incentivized to not tunnel out anyone with a trap on their head because the whole point of the trap is to keep them busy. If you tunnel them to death then the trap never did anything. I'll still chase someone off of a box if I spot them on one or hit someone with an active trap into deep wounds as they get unhooked to add 12 seconds of mandatory mending time into the middle of their ticking clock, but if I want to get value out of a trap effectively taking a survivor out of play for awhile then I need to start finding other people to chase and hook.

Relyssa posted:

I mainly struggle with chases with healthy untrapped folks as there's not much to help you out there.

Yeah, Pig is largely just a standard M1 killer when it comes to chases. There are some tricks with the dash you can do at unsafe loops when people are trying to camp a pallet, faking one direction or the other and then sliding around the other way for the hit, but a lot of survivors know to just run for it as soon as they see you crouch. I usually run Sloppy Butcher on Pig for a slightly better chance of people still being injured when I sneak up to them healing or on a gen or something, but Pig's stealth is so slow that you really need good information perks to ever pull that off. Ultimate Weapon is the best for that due to obvious synergy with screams interrupting boxes and heals for Sloppy Butcher, but Whispers is an old reliable staple if you don't have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vanguard Warden posted:

Sometimes survivors don't really have a choice, if they stop working on the box and run off with an active trap then they have a good chance of dying from their head popping rather than from hooks. At least if you down them and hook them their trap timer is paused while they stay nearby the box they need to finish searching.

I mean, the timer doesn't click when you're in chase either so if Pig is coming at you you can leave the box and not have to worry about the timer. Until it's down to the wire and you're going to pop unless you finish the one you're on