Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hatty posted:

Wonder if they'll drop their expensive suit against Apple and Google, Seems like they could use some of that mobile money again

I believe they mention specifically that that will continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Cocoon is getting really good reviews, which I'm very glad to see, especially as the last game from ex-Playdead staff (Somerville) was something of a letdown. Looking forward to playing it on Game Pass once I scratch a few more games off my backlog.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

njsykora posted:

Someone in a Discord just reminded me that Bandcamp staff unionised lol.

I was as surprised as anyone that epic didn’t poo poo up bandcamp and this gives me an amount of hope that it will be able to survive in its current form, although I have no forecast for how hard the new owner will try to ruin it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Owl Inspector posted:

I was as surprised as anyone that epic didn’t poo poo up bandcamp and this gives me an amount of hope that it will be able to survive in its current form, although I have no forecast for how hard the new owner will try to ruin it

I tried looking up SongTradr but it's completely inscrutable to me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
SongTradr sounds like some venture capitalist nightmare corp based on the name alone

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

External Organs posted:

I tried looking up SongTradr but it's completely inscrutable to me.

they manage licensing deals (aka "sync") for musicians. so, best case scenario is that they change nothing except provide some integration to make sync deals easier for bandcamp musicians.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hatty posted:

SongTradr sounds like some venture capitalist nightmare corp based on the name alone

it looks like it's a service that helps media producers obtain commercial licenses for music they want

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/CAGames/status/1707394879368704471?t=YY57yXJqtswOS2xJjz9Taw&s=19

God the feedback on the game must have been rough

E: https://twitter.com/TheCartelDel/status/1707429203883491741?t=heIOE7teVEcpRZ81big02w&s=19

Christ

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 28, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

That loving sucks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Isn't Fall Guys raking in cash? :psyduck:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

It just occurred to me that the end of September is the end of a fiscal quarter and that's probably why all these layoffs are happening suddenly and all at once. Christ.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gotta love an economic system where success means being laid off by losers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's some hearsay that Harebrained Schemes just got gutted hard too (Battletech, Shadowrun). :(

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yo big corpos suck

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Shard posted:

yo big corpos suck

Little ones suck too, and in much more personal, emotional ways, don't worry.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Metro: Exodus, is the Enhanced Edition just a straight improvement over the first release or is there any stuff missing/worse in it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I bet you actually could have a good and healthy gaming life playing only games made by solo devs. Something to consider

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

there's enough visual novels to last 3 or 4 lifetimes

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Instead of firing people, epic should put those folks on Unreal Tournament 2024.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Neo Rasa posted:

Metro: Exodus, is the Enhanced Edition just a straight improvement over the first release or is there any stuff missing/worse in it?

Same game with technical improvements. Still crashes and glitches out all the time. Save often.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

There's some hearsay that Harebrained Schemes just got gutted hard too (Battletech, Shadowrun). :(

wait what, they have a game coming out like next week

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25OrEKfal0U

this game looks so sick

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1618685470329954306?t=EZL3YiGe_VevnaorOHb-4w&s=19

stay classy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Infinitum posted:

Isn't Fall Guys raking in cash? :psyduck:

Yeah but the game is made so only need a skeleton crew to keep making skins every 3 months.

What do you mean content?

E: “Epic is still hiring” hell yeah baby fire and rehire to push those salaries down.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1707419838774116615

njsykora fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 28, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mutata posted:

Little ones suck too, and in much more personal, emotional ways, don't worry.

Nothing raises a red flag faster than starting at a local company and getting "we're like a family" style speech.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
This "tutorial" message popped up in Lies of P and I laughed out loud at it because I have no idea what a Wishstone or a Cube are. This is the first time I've ever seen those terms. I also like that the screenshot is just a slightly different version of the same baffling text again.

(sorry for the washed out colours, it's because of HDR)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A lotta y'all still don't get it. There are various kinds of Wishstones, which can be equipped to Cubes. Using Cubes consumes Wishstones. You can equip a Wishstone to a Cube or replenish it through Giangio or a Stargazer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I literally just got to that part and thought I was taking crazy pills lmao.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cube holders can use multiple wishstones on a single cube

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i loving love it when a game just clumsily stumbles over a protruding tutorial trigger and an incomprehensible list of proper nouns goes flying out of its atache case

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
sounds like attunement slots to me op

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Vermain posted:

i loving love it when a game just clumsily stumbles over a protruding tutorial trigger and an incomprehensible list of proper nouns goes flying out of its atache case

It's actually very simple, you see,

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Corporate consolidation is good actually,

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Daily_SWGames/status/1707541196531290244

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah gently caress

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
looking more and more like this year was the industry's big hurrah before a long decline

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat now nobody will get to pay 70 bucks to play something they already can

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Maybe they shouldn't have hired a studio that exclusively does ports to make an entire RPG from scratch

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
epic games is giving away a game called "model builder" for free this week
there's an "FAQ" link right on the main menu that goes to a steam community guide page

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KotOR's an especially big elephant to try and eat for a first time remake project because RTwP ain't gonna fly in 2023, and even something more action lite like FF7R isn't a walk in the park to implement, so you're doing double duty trying to faithfully recreate every nostalgic element fans remember and making an entirely new game to support it