Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Btw I had a new Tuscon hybrid on Monday and it’s maybe the best car I’ve driven this year. The inside is super nice and simple. You can actually teach the touch screen. The acceleration is super and it is silent at highway speeds . I may actually get one . I wonder how much a new one costs ?

The only downside is it felt heavy and a little dicey going through sharper turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

euphronius posted:

That’s what they did to the avenger ? Sad

The Avenger was always sad

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mini looks small to me.

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/mini-clubman-2019-estate-vs-jeep-wagoneer-2021-suv/?&units=imperial

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Had one as a rental once. awful, awful car.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SlowBloke posted:

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/mini-countryman-2020-suv-s-vs-jeep-grand-avenger-2023-suv/

Christ on a cross, my avenger feel gigantic, how in the gently caress can this honking huge car be called a mini.

It's slightly smaller than my FK8 Type-R. I wouldn't call it small but it's far from huge.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was cheap and had a v6 :(

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There were good Avengers (not for retail sale)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I love carsized because they actually have a Lincoln Continental Mark V to compare against. That Silverado was only 3.5cm longer.

Here’s my two cars for funzies

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/ford-fiesta-2008-5-door-hatchback-vs-lincoln-continental-1977-coupe/

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Carsized.com doesn't have the most up to date cars in some cases but a Countryman is bigger than a 1 Series. The Countryman also being 50cm longer, 14cm taller and 13cm wider than the original new Mini.

Things get funnier when you compare an old shape Mini with a Countryman. 1.2m longer, 20cm taller and 38cm wider. 120% heavier :v: (700kg vs 1540).

https://www.carsized.com/en/

Sorry, I should have clarified with an “in the US” for size.

But the point still stands, it’s not a huge vehicle and it’s ok for MINI as a brand to be more than just the 2dr hardtop.

The countryman is far and away the best selling model for MINI in the US and I’m not sure the brand would survive without it. It’s MINI’s Cayenne.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

euphronius posted:

That’s what they did to the avenger ? Sad

It was the quickest way to get a BEV in the lineup after merging with PSA, they only had BEV platforms in that size. The STLA medium platform is being launched now with the e3008 and it's the underpinnings for the soon to be launched recon.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUN4c2Jum98

It's really concerning that allegedly the engineers and whoever else say that increasing the power by +20HP / +34lb-ft is too much for the 6MT to have handled, which is why the Nismo is auto only.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Doesn't make any sense given it's still the same FS6R31A gearbox that's been around forever, versions of which are the fabled "CD009" version which sits behind 1000hp LS's in drift cars all day long.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It means they couldn’t get the manual to pass either NVH or fuel economy testing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

Alfa Romeo Says It’s Profitable, Aims To Set Sales Record In 2025

It's safe to say the Giulia sedan and Stelvio SUV never really lived up to Alfa Romeo's expectations in terms of sales, especially since the old Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) parent company poured about $1 billion into their Giorgio platform. With the MiTo, Giulietta, and 4C all gone, the company was in dire need of fresh products to rejuvenate sales. Thankfully, the Tonale is off to a strong start, so much so that Alfa is already profitable.

Speaking with Autocar, CEO Jean-Philippe said Alfa Romeo is already making more money than it's spending per car, adding that the future is looking bright. The head honcho estimates annual deliveries could hit as much as 90,000 cars in 2023 before increasing tremendously by the middle of the decade.

Imparato projects Alfa Romeo will break its sales record in 2025, which frankly sounds like a lofty goal considering the brand's record of 223,643 units. It was established way back in 1990 when the lineup was substantially more diverse than it is today. However, the family is set to grow in 2024 with the launch of a small crossover positioned below the Tonale.

Twinned with the Fiat 600 and Jeep Avenger, the B-segment crossover will be Alfa Romeo's first model to offer a purely electric powertrain. Well, technically the second since the new 33 Stradale supercar also has an EV option. ICE power might still be planned taking into account that its sister models are also available in a cheaper guise with a mild-hybrid gasoline engine.

Imparato pointed out Alfa Romeo is not chasing volume as it is prioritizing profit margins, which he hopes will reach at least 10 percent. He went on to say a healthy cash flow would create new opportunities for additional vehicles. To that end, the CEO suggested a revival of the Giulietta is possible in the long run, following the compact hatchback's retirement at the end of 2020.

https://www.motor1.com/news/688295/alfa-romeo-wants-sales-record-2025/

Now if any of those sales actually happened in the USA and they can keep their dealer network alive....

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Thanks, I hate it

quote:

the Land Cruiser Mini will receive the same turbocharged 2.8-liter four-cylinder diesel used in the Prado and Hilux.

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-land-cruiser-is-getting-a-gas-powered-mini-me

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:siren: JIMNY KILLER :siren:

That would be quite the feat considering. If it does come to the USA I'm wildly curious how it would be received, those lovely Jeep Renegades are all over, a Land Cruiser in that position would sure be an attractive vehicle.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I don't know, it does look a little "baby's first 3D model", but I bet it will look better in person. Because this is the exact sort of FJ Curiser redux that Toyota needs.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

No way this comes to the US.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah good point, the RAV4 probably doesn't hardly sell at all in today's market, Jeep Compass has that demand locked up tight; stellantis firing on all cylinders

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Hadlock posted:

Yeah good point, the RAV4 probably doesn't hardly sell at all in today's market, Jeep Compass has that demand locked up tight; stellantis firing on all cylinders

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I'm so desperate to see something that isn't another blah-colored midsize CUV Blob that I... like this? Even more points if it's actually like Jimny/Jeep Renegade sized or something

Unironically adorable

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm so desperate to see something that isn't another blah-colored midsize CUV Blob that I... like this? Even more points if it's actually like Jimny/Jeep Renegade sized or something

Unironically adorable

quote:

While the exterior styling will draw from the Compact Cruiser EV concept, the production-ready variant will be considerably smaller. Both publications claim the Land Cruiser Mini will be close to the Corolla Cross in terms of size but will stand 74 inches tall and 73.2 inches wide.

This describes a Jimny sized vehicle, but surely the Hilux 2.8 TD is wildly overkill compared to the Jimny's 660cc turbo (JDM kei-spec) or 1.5l petrol (export) specs.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Ol Mr Toyoda has said he doesn’t wanna build boring vehicles any more

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Unironically adorable

Yea, it's pretty cute - I like it too. Firmly in that, "If I didn't care about driving dynamics I'd probably drive something like this" camp.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hadlock posted:

:lol:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Huh, I kinda like that miniCruiser

Hadlock posted:

...... lawd I hope that was sarcasm

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I thought praising the Jeep Airport Rental Compass and praising Stellantis were the easy tell but I guess tough crowd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Hadlock posted:

I thought praising the Jeep Airport Rental Compass and praising Stellantis were the easy tell but I guess tough crowd

Never underestimate goons' ability to miss a joke

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hadlock posted:

Prob reason posted:

Please take some time today to learn how to use A Search Engine before posting opinions that aren't factual. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.
lol what

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cage posted:

lol what

I am also confused.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I got the joke...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Bizarre probe for an obvious joke lmao

Also lol at I guess not knowing what an opinion is? Weird choice of words, mods stay winning.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I got the joke too but Hadlock is aggressively Hadlock.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This would look better with only the two doors.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is that the jeep with X'd out lights like it died because that's what I assume when they're on the side of the road with a temp tag from 2021

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There's no way it'll look like that

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mustache Ride posted:

There's no way it'll look like that

What do you think they don't remember how they made the FJ Cruiser or

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Small 4wd vehicles are cool. These tiny Suzuki's are really popular with hunters in Italy, see them everywhere.

Extremely practical for outdoor sports

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Lose the weird roof rail and massive C pillar and that thing will sell insanely well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

distortion park posted:

Small 4wd vehicles are cool. These tiny Suzuki's are really popular with hunters in Italy, see them everywhere.

Extremely practical for outdoor sports

People in the Alps that need access to cramped roads jumped on old Daihatsu Terios and Suzuki Jimmy since the few remaining roadworthy mk1 4x4 pandas got all purchased by hipsters. My aunt had a 200k+ og 4x4 panda with busted interior and, within hours of publishing the ad, got more than what she did originally pay for the car after a quick bidding war between flannel wearers.