Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
:yotj:

My unemployment dried up a month ago so looks like Target has a new junior member to stock shelves.

Thus ends the saga of larchesdanrew.

It's been wild y'all :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I very much doubt this is the end, we believe in you

A friend of mine took a detour through the kroger electronics department in between tech jobs, but he made it back in. You will too.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

A Frosty Witch posted:

My unemployment dried up a month ago so looks like Target has a new junior member to stock shelves.

And thus begins the triumphant tale of A Frosty Witch!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The Fool posted:

I very much doubt this is the end, we believe in you

A friend of mine took a detour through the kroger electronics department in between tech jobs, but he made it back in. You will too.
You just spin this as "work ethic" stuff. "Took whatever job I could get to make ends meet" and all that.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

A Frosty Witch posted:

Don't give up. :shobon:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Multiple unemployment stints IT person checking in.

Keep after it, Witch. Your career is out there and you’ll find it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.co...ng-permanently/

quote:

Main Issue:
KSP2 will throw a PlayerPrefsException error when the game's registry Key/Entries is filled up with too much information,
At that point KSP2 will never again complete the initial load into the main menu.

Whats Happening:
KSP2 is adding information every time a SOI change happens or if a save file has been loaded.
It all appears to be similar information repeated again and again.

quote:

Alright, doing some investigating it seems that they are saving the Pqs preferences based off of the instance ID of the pqs object, which, according to unity's own documentation, changes between runs of the game, hence why its saving 10 trillion different copies of the same data

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I still believe in the Witch.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

A mod replied an hour ago:
"The team is aware of this issue and we have a fix. It's currently being tested and we're aiming for a hotfix since we see this as critical.

I'll share more details on a timeline when I have one
."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

quote:

Why don't we have wifi when computer is off?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

.... :stare: how did they check?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I should post more tickets

quote:

Customer with 72k+ followers looking for update in social media

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
There's a ticket here that got escalated to my group in closed status, with weekly angry updates from the call center complaining it's out of SLA and that we need to provide an update.

I'm going to continue to ignore it and see what happens.

It's also for a simple request that I don't have access to do myself so they should very much do it themselves.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

.... :stare: how did they check?

I checked logs and their stuff goes down for a few hours at a time daily but I thought they were just a weirdo turning it off when they don't need it because wifi. Someone should go there today and i might actually find out

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

When the laptop is set up to share its internet connection over WiFi you all are going to have egg on your face. :stonklol:

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 27, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Renegret posted:

There's a ticket here that got escalated to my group in closed status, with weekly angry updates from the call center complaining it's out of SLA and that we need to provide an update.

I'm going to continue to ignore it and see what happens.

It's also for a simple request that I don't have access to do myself so they should very much do it themselves.

Why would you be expected to do anything with or about a *closed* ticket, regardless?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
It came from the other side of the ticket:

Helpdesk has spent two weeks and three laptops figuring out why I couldn't run Adobe Audition or get it installed after my old WFH laptop had a wifi failure

As it turns out we may have discovered an unreported conflict between Adobe CC and our brand new Enterprise Level Antimalware Program

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

Check out this fire hazard I spotted the other day

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You don't work for the fire department, dont be a narc (or tell anyone about the fridge I have under my desk).

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i told you they're medically necessary, due to my humours

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's like 75F outside and I'm in my office at work freezing my rear end off wearing a thick sweater and hoodie.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GreenNight posted:

It's like 75F outside and I'm in my office at work freezing my rear end off wearing a thick sweater and hoodie.
Same.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Darchangel posted:

Why would you be expected to do anything with or about a *closed* ticket, regardless?

Hence why I'm choosing to ignore it.

We have a bunch of ticketing schemas for different things, and the customer facing one is one that I use fairly rarely and in limited scope. I've seen closed tickets treated like they're still active before and I've given up trying to understand how it's used. My boss has outlined what we do and our specific role and I do exactly what he says.

I've posted about it before but our call center is insanely bad and it's only getting worse.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mechanical Fiend posted:

Check out this fire hazard I spotted the other day

Shut it down.

I used to see that poo poo from time to time in the hospital, on floors packed with immobile patients.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

GreenNight posted:

You don't work for the fire department, dont be a narc (or tell anyone about the fridge I have under my desk).
Your fridge isn't going to start a fire or trip a circuit breaker unless it's badly broken, one that fits under a desk probably couldn't even damage those little trash-tier APCs all too many companies have under desks. No harm, no foul.

Those pieces of poo poo on the other hand do all three regularly and should be removed on sight. If you're cold in the office there are almost certainly better ways to solve that problem.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Burning copy paper in a barrel is how I choose to stay warm.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I have a server under my desk, no cold feet for me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Place a small dog at your feet like a king of old

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
When I get cold in the office I put on a sweater :shrug:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I never get cold in the office because my coworkers keep setting the thermostat to stupid hot and still loudly announce they're cold by doing an exaggerated shiver sound effect and saying "it's cold in here" when it's loving 26°C.

Please send excess cold. I'm melting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's true, I'd rather be cold than hot.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

A Frosty Witch posted:

The job market for tech workers is TERRIBLE rn. After I got laid off I could barely get an interview for a mid-to-senior level position. I realized that because the market is so bad I'm competing with people more skilled than I am who are aiming low.

I ended up having to aim low myself and go back to desktop support. Weird thing is I just got converted from a contractor to working directly for my employer and I'm now making significantly more money than I did at my last job.

Aim low if you need to and climb the ladder again, it'll happen a lot faster this time bc you're already very skilled.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

klosterdev posted:

The job market for tech workers is TERRIBLE rn. After I got laid off I could barely get an interview for a mid-to-senior level position. I realized that because the market is so bad I'm competing with people more skilled than I am who are aiming low.

I feel this bigtime. Hyper frustrating to have happen.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

When the laptop is set up to share its internet connection over WiFi you all are going to have egg on your face. :stonklol:

It actually turned out to be that they have the modem/router in an energy saving power strip with the computer in the primary outlet

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

klosterdev posted:

I ended up having to aim low myself and go back to desktop support. Weird thing is I just got converted from a contractor to working directly for my employer and I'm now making significantly more money than I did at my last job.

Aim low if you need to and climb the ladder again, it'll happen a lot faster this time bc you're already very skilled.

Just took a desktop support job myself, after putting months of time and effort into getting my cybersecurity certifications. Why does IT go through so many "lots of jobs/no jobs" cycles? Is it just because it's one of the first departments to get cut when a company isn't doing well?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

chin up everything sucks posted:

Just took a desktop support job myself, after putting months of time and effort into getting my cybersecurity certifications. Why does IT go through so many "lots of jobs/no jobs" cycles? Is it just because it's one of the first departments to get cut when a company isn't doing well?

Everyone who is ancillary to making money is always in danger to some degree. IT is really easy to outsource quickly, or run poorly by piling lots of poo poo onto fewer people. Once the cost of doing things the stupidest way possible outstrips any short term layoff gains your department gets their hiring budget back.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
"IT is not a revenue generating department"

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

It actually turned out to be that they have the modem/router in an energy saving power strip with the computer in the primary outlet

lmao

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Shugojin posted:

Bahaha, amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

klosterdev posted:

"IT is not a revenue generating department"

No, we are a revenue enabling department. Just see how far you get without us,