Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mokotow posted:

Man driving down road in his automobile, he sees oncoming car with a funny registration plate.

(Doctor kneeslapping clipart)

Man looks at the registration plates and LAUGHS.
Do you know WHY!?

(smiling toy car with eyes clipart)

Registration Plate said… CHIN2U!!!!!!

(laughing emoji, Calving pissing on wall clip art)

Edit: forget Gumwaa, its Funwaa

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Mokotow posted:

Man driving down road in his automobile, he sees oncoming car with a funny registration plate.

(Doctor kneeslapping clipart)

Man looks at the registration plates and LAUGHS.
Do you know WHY!?

(smiling toy car with eyes clipart)

Registration Plate said… CHIN2U!!!!!!

(laughing emoji, Calving pissing on wall clip art)

Edit: forget Gumwaa, its Funwaa

Driver was a MAN with a HOOK

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Depressing memes? Never seen 'em.

Cleanser:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

These are too sad.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Way too late to die before 40, but when I was a young fella I was a bit wild due to apathy. I would just do whatever. Amongst my school friend groups we all agreed I was going to die young and be the first to go. Joke’s on them though, every single one of them is dead and I’m a grandpa looking at memes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, you all are sure sad huh?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad a lot of the time but I think sad memes are bad memes and people should go to therapy instead of ironyposting about their depressing lives. YMMV.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I don't think they're meant to be ironic, just sad.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Meme police are still police

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

All memes are beautiful.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Finally, some strong postin'

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

man I thought this was gonna be a fun lil greek mythology meme. I skimmed the wikipedia page on this guy and now I want to throw up

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kalel posted:

man I thought this was gonna be a fun lil greek mythology meme. I skimmed the wikipedia page on this guy and now I want to throw up

don't google image search "dawn of the black hearts" then for some more details

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Beeswax posted:

I'm sad a lot of the time but I think sad memes are bad memes and people should go to therapy instead of ironyposting about their depressing lives. YMMV.

I'm a literal therapist and I find mental health memes dank af. So do many of my younger clients, I've lost track of how many times I've heard "you know that meme where..." in session.

Keep 'em coming, sad goons!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Arivia posted:

don't google image search "dawn of the black hearts" then for some more details

In the same vein (shamelessly stolen from the metal thread):

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kalel posted:

Oh you precious baby

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Modal Auxiliary posted:

LMAO YES

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Tomb of the Mutilated?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Arivia posted:

Tomb of the Mutilated?

Butchered at Birth.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Modal Auxiliary posted:

That's a good one.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lol rip in piss, confederate flag flying ghoul

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Once again, the meme thread scoops most news sites.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Modal Auxiliary posted:

I'm a literal therapist and I find mental health memes dank af. So do many of my younger clients, I've lost track of how many times I've heard "you know that meme where..." in session.

I mean I think it's become obvious they can be a way of communicating complex inner states for people who haven't necessarily learned the vocabulary or introspection to describe their emotions using their own words,

And I hope y'all mental health professionals describe it as something like "the Darmok effect", because it's delightful to me that a tv show about a bald spaceman got to that exact idea over 30 years ago

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Butchered at Birth.

Still great.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Phy posted:

I mean I think it's become obvious they can be a way of communicating complex inner states for people who haven't necessarily learned the vocabulary or introspection to describe their emotions using their own words,

And I hope y'all mental health professionals describe it as something like "the Darmok effect", because it's delightful to me that a tv show about a bald spaceman got to that exact idea over 30 years ago

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
em

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Yeah, sure, the guy making a living from people being sad is telling me to post sad memes. Seems perfectly legitimate. That's like the guys in the autozone telling me they'll take my used batteries that I could throw in the ocean.

I'm kidding of course. Also not particularly sad, but I like the memes because they remind me of simpler times

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As a diagnosed sadbrain; I fully get how it helps so many people but for me it just kinda idk. Some of them are too much man. But much like medication, you go with what works, and unfortunately for you all, Wellbutrin means that it’s terror slut posting.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

teen witch posted:

As a diagnosed sadbrain; I fully get how it helps so many people but for me it just kinda idk. Some of them are too much man. But much like medication, you go with what works, and unfortunately for you all, Wellbutrin means that it’s terror slut posting.

My sadbrains(official diagnosis) encourage me to spread the sad memes because it amuses us to see if anyone reaches out over them(spoiler: they never do)

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Who though

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti