Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Vikings... You gotta change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

trevorreznik posted:

Campbell has 4 straight against GB??? What the hell???

One from 2021 when the Packers had the division completely wrapped up, swept them last year, and then folded them up in the first half today.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

LaFleur is soft. That's the best explanation given his body of work. Other coaches think he's soft. He consistently comes to primetime games with soft performances. Sometimes he manages the adjustments/comeback but usually far too late.

That's the best way to describe him. Every time the Packers have faced any kind of adversity this is how it goes. Dan Campbell is a chad and came here to eat kneecaps and that's exactly what he did.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yes, but I don’t think the 2023 Lions can beat the Eagles or 49ers.

Maybe not the Niners, but from the couple Eagles games I watched this season I think the Lions could take them.

I’m mostly expecting this Packers team to make mistakes and learn to gel with each other this year so I’m not expecting a world beating playoff team, and I kinda expected the Lions to take this one anyway because they’re looking like a drat football team, but good God that defense is soft lol

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
The division will miss Dan Campbell when the Lions organization decides they need a more offensively-minded coach to push them past playoff exits

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

trevorreznik posted:

Grats to David Montgomery on now being 1-7 in his career against the Packers

Now I'm curious, which bears players have beaten the Packers? Checking their free agents now
Edit TJ Edwards beat them twice with Philly, so 2-2 now.
Tremaine Edwards 1-2. There may well be zero bears players with a winning record vs the pack

You can't count the first 7 because "Bears"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MoaM posted:

Vikings... You gotta change

That defense needs a lot of work. We should trade JJ. If you love him, set him free.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

Giant gap down the middle on 4th after plugging it up consistently on downs 1-3

Embarrassing

Fire Joe Barry

I honest to god dont know what the actual gently caress is wrong with Packers Defensive Coordinators over the last 15 years.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

MJeff posted:

lol holy crap this division is so bad outside of the Lions, this is gonna be fuckin' easy.

You know, I really thought you were tempting fate with this one.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Victor Vermis posted:

Who sold all these tickets to lions fans?

The Air B&Bification of our republic has gone too far

Michigan is much closer to Green Bay than any other state. Hell, it’s closer than Milwaukee. I wasn’t shocked to see Lions fans tonight in the crowd.

I was shocked to hear them on the broadcast from Lambeau though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That poo poo was loving easy.

Let's dance, Lions fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNirQXe8HOA

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

One from 2021 when the Packers had the division completely wrapped up, swept them last year, and then folded them up in the first half today.

If he keeps it up, we could probably say that Dan Campbell "owns" the Packers

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

PneumonicBook posted:

I honest to god dont know what the actual gently caress is wrong with Packers Defensive Coordinators over the last 15 years.

"Quicker the other team scores the quicker Rodgers puts us back on top"

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

By the transitive property we also own the bears

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Dr. Lunchables posted:

By the transitive property we also own the bears

Everyone owns the Bears

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Victor Vermis posted:

The division will miss Dan Campbell when the Lions organization decides they need a more offensively-minded coach to push them past playoff exits

i think the lions are gonna hold onto him for awhile, dude is widely loved here

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
for example, i would like to give him a big ole bear hug, hold him close, then meet his eyes as we pull apart slowly, and then Dan offers me a small sheepish smile, I nod, and we make out.

ha ha. just kidding..

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SirPablo posted:

That defense needs a lot of work. We should trade JJ. If you love him, set him free.

No.

That's too Vikings.

If you love JJ you legitimately build around him, and I think that starts with convincing him he needs an O-Line for THE FUTURE QB.

You don't want this Mahomes / Burrow scrambling out of / maneuvring in the pocket strategy.

Just get a good Offensive Line.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Victor Vermis posted:

You kid, but some team is gonna give Ben Johnson an offer he can't refuse this offseason, and I do wonder how much the Lions will miss him

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I will literally perform a one man riot if they ever fire my large adult coach

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

tinstaach posted:

You kid, but some team is gonna give Ben Johnson an offer he can't refuse this offseason, and I do wonder how much the Lions will miss him

I was just talking about this tonight. I think it will definitely be noticeable.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Dan Campbell is what Detroit people say Detroit people are like while Jim Schwartz is what they're actually like

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tinstaach posted:

This scares the poo poo out of me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tinstaach posted:

It's gonna happen. Part of being a good team is that people are always trying to harvest your staff to get ahead of the curve. Look at how the Rams can't keep an OC to save their lives. You just have to trust that Campbell and Johnson are gonna get somebody coached up to replace him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Victor Vermis posted:

Campbell was a tight end and got his coaching chops under Sean Payton. I'm not sure where this perception of him comes from that he's a defensive coach. Is it because he's huge and bulky?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

tinstaach posted:

They apparently already have a guy in house they are grooming to take his spot, so maybe not too much.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JAMOOOL posted:

Dan Campbell is what Detroit people say Detroit people are like while Jim Schwartz is what they're actually like

:lol:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scipiotik posted:

They apparently already have a guy in house they are grooming to take his spot, so maybe not too much.

Just imagine this sentence if it was the Bears instead saying they're grooming someone inside the building.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

SKULL.GIF posted:

Campbell was a tight end and got his coaching chops under Sean Payton. I'm not sure where this perception of him comes from that he's a defensive coach. Is it because he's huge and bulky?

G

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JAMOOOL posted:

Okay gently caress you but also, drat, got our asses.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just imagine this sentence if it was the Bears instead saying they're grooming someone inside the building.

Well, we still don’t know what happened, did we?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scipiotik posted:

Who?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SourKraut posted:

If he keeps it up, we could probably say that Dan Campbell "owns" the Packers

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1707596289842548885

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Stop giving Thursday night games to the gold package please

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

That plus the stuff about grit and heart and kneecaps I guess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Michigan is much closer to Green Bay than any other state. Hell, it’s closer than Milwaukee. I wasn’t shocked to see Lions fans tonight in the crowd.

I was shocked to hear them on the broadcast from Lambeau though

Most of the people that live Up North and thus can get there easily are Packers fans though. I think some people just made the trip because it's an iconic stadium and this was a year they were confident in a win at Lambeau.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

JAMOOOL posted:

this is very true

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most of the people that live Up North and thus can get there easily are Packers fans though. I think some people just made the trip because it's an iconic stadium and this was a year they were confident in a win at Lambeau.

yeah the UP gets Green Bay TV up until like St ignace and Sault Ste Marie

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Stop giving Thursday night games to the gold package please

Just end the gold package altogether, I do not give one single gently caress that Milwaukee hosted the Packers for like 2 seasons decades ago. They can go to the Bucks games (they won't, because all the gold package ticketholders are old and white)

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Grit

Im on the road for work so I missed a lot

What was that halftime interview from LaFleur where he was basically crying? It seems that guys like Dan Campbell have been dunking on him his whole life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dan Campbell is a gritty son of a bitch and Matt LeFleur is extremely low energy. Believe me, many people are saying this.