Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:goonsay:

actually it turns into a bo staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHNaGWrq1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCqXquFkJps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmVmwqDsrr4

Wonder going to rule.
:allears:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Kinda curious what peoples thoughts on BG3 overall are like. I saw a bunch of people griping about act 3 recently but from a quick glance at the last few pages of the BG3 thread it seems like a lot of people are enjoying it regardless? I've been playing it sporadically as time allows and been having a blast, just started Act 2 and it seems good so far.

BG3 is great, Act 3 also great.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

bg3 is really really good and probably going to end up my goty

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I skipped over BG3 personally because I've never really been a CRPG guy but I'm happy for everyone who liked it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I bought that “two game vouchers for $100” deal and now I can’t decide if I want to spend my second voucher on this or the princess peach community theater game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I'm counting on my mom getting it for herself and playing with the family at Christmas.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Steve Yun posted:

I bought that “two game vouchers for $100” deal and now I can’t decide if I want to spend my second voucher on this or the princess peach community theater game

Time for my monthly "don't sleep on Bayonetta origins" post. It's got a demo, check it out!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Just buy another 2 for $100 voucher :hmmyes:

[

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's ok to sleep on bayonetta origins I think

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Lies of P is so much like Bloodborne it would read as a parody if the production values and quality weren't so high.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

Buy both and forget about whatever game you originally thought you wanted.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

exquisite tea posted:

Lies of P is so much like Bloodborne it would read as a parody if the production values and quality weren't so high.

excuse me, fatal attacks and visceral attacks are completely different things

fatal attacks have a cool buzzsaw sound when you do them, and visceral attacks do not

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every single one of those animations for that elephant form in the new Mario game look like the best thing I have ever seen in my life :allears:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm enjoying Starfield? Idk, it's just so relaxed to zoom around and do all these short quests and yeah, it's pretty frictionless but that's part of the charm I think. Maybe it's because I got so invested in BG3, where everything seems so connected and important, in Starfield everything is just whatever, and it's fine.

I don't like the libertarian cowboy guy that told me "stealing is wrong!" when I took a clip of ammo from a billionaire after we both shoot up his company and on another occasion said something about "every criminal must be punished no matter the crime!". That guy got no chill.

Perhaps to hone my gaming skills, I also picked up HiFi Rush again, and boy oh boy, that game sure is fun. Did you know it too came out this year? crazy!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bone emulator posted:

Perhaps to hone my gaming skills, I also picked up HiFi Rush again, and boy oh boy, that game sure is fun. Did you know it too came out this year? crazy!

I had just started that when BG3 came out so I set it aside to play that instead, and now I'm playing Armored Core VI, and it's crazy to think that a game as good as Hifi Rush has been set aside because even better (in different ways) games came along and shoved it into a locker.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Just a polite reminder to everyone that SaGa Scarlet Grace is a real fucken good game. Perhaps one of the best. That is all

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Just a polite reminder to everyone that SaGa Scarlet Grace is a real fucken good game. Perhaps one of the best. That is all

:hai:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hi-Fi Rush rules.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

bone emulator posted:

I don't like the libertarian cowboy guy that told me "stealing is wrong!" when I took a clip of ammo from a billionaire after we both shoot up his company and on another occasion said something about "every criminal must be punished no matter the crime!". That guy got no chill.

Can you shoot him in the back of the head or is he essential & immortal?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Every single one of those animations for that elephant form in the new Mario game look like the best thing I have ever seen in my life :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A whole new way of killing a friendly dinohorse.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
It's wild that Storyteller is just, freely playable on Netflix mobile.

Like, they have Storyteller, both Oxenfrees, Immortality, Kentucky Route Zero, Before Your Eyes there

It's pretty cool! The main drawback is just, you can only play on a mobile, but that works fine for storyteller. Or a tablet, which is probably the biggest win for Netflix games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time---fiance had installed the game a year ago, didn't like it, let it sit on the Xbox---and man this is fun as gently caress. Love the skill tree they did for 2.0, going with a samurai gunslinger build and it is immensely fun Dashing into a fight, deflecting bullets with a katana, chopping off a robot's arm and then using slo=mo with a revolver to pick off his buddies. Starfield had been putting me to sleep, so far this is the adrenaline shot I wanted. Feels like the higher-octane Deus Ex game I never got.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Baldurs gate 3 is easily my goty and it's my favorite crpg of all time finally beating bg2. Nothing has gotten a hold onto me like this since mass effect when I was 21.

Im trying to stop reading the bg3 thread because it's full of nitpicks that don't matter to me and I find reading too much negativity about something I like can bring it down a little for me.

Shard fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 29, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bg3 hasn't drawn me in personally, despite being a bg superfan (regularly replaying bg 1 & 2) and a big divinity original sin 2 enjoyer, i think it is those nitpicks but also maybe i don't like d&d 5th edition? One action per turn... can't "bank" actions... turns where I can't reach anyone and have to shoot my dumb crossbow or throw a weak baby grenade... Pales in comparison to DOS2's action point system

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

having finished bg3, the things they add to make it connect to bg1 & 2 seem completely superfluous and the characters that do come back seem out of place and don't really add much to the narrative. Except for one companion Jaheira, who I think fits in pretty well and has some interesting backstory that isn't really connected to the old games. There is some minor Bhaalspawn stuff in act 3, that may be expanded upon in a Dark Urge playtrough, but idk, it's like the felt obliged to add all that stuff to have some sort of connection to the old stuff.

anyway, act 3 meanders a bit and doesn't have the granularity of act 1 and 2, it probably will be reworked for a definitive edition at some point, but it is still a lot of fun for the most part. the game overall i'd say is a 10/10 goty and I love it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:kiss:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

It's wild that Storyteller is just, freely playable on Netflix mobile.

Like, they have Storyteller, both Oxenfrees, Immortality, Kentucky Route Zero, Before Your Eyes there

It's pretty cool! The main drawback is just, you can only play on a mobile, but that works fine for storyteller. Or a tablet, which is probably the biggest win for Netflix games

also Into The Breach!

Seriously if you happen to have a Netflix sub check out their free mobile games- surprisingly good collection

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1707684440560804220?s=46&t=pTQ4rjVKxAtWopxqeRih-Q

why does rami have to alternate between insightful and insufferable with each tweet

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1707684440560804220?s=46&t=pTQ4rjVKxAtWopxqeRih-Q

why does rami have to alternate between insightful and insufferable with each tweet

He's right.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

mutata posted:

He's right.
Then there's never going to be a good year for games ever again, or a good year for anything else for that matter. Let's all just die

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its like he took this tweet and ruined it

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1707424057883287741?s=20

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

twitter, reddit, etc. are by and large exercises of trying to come up with a marketable, personally branded way to state the obvious

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Also not to defend the capitalist vampires and their bloodsucking decision-making policies, but was the industry bloodbath (not just in games but tech in general) this year not something that everyone expected was eventually going to happen post-COVID because of the sheer amount of over-hiring and questionable investing that went on during the pandemic, and not necessarily indicative of the standard practices going forward? I'm not entirely sure what he's referring with his "if you put up with this, you'll never play a good game again" rhetoric. Also the way the tweet is phrased it makes it sound like a bunch of people straight up died and we'll never get to see what they had to offer to the games industry. It sucks rear end that a lot of people lost their jobs but is it fair to say that they lost their careers and lives as well?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kerrzhe posted:

i am also extremely extremely upset about the hadrian wall tree that got cut down and i had to go to the doctor and get poked and prodded

today has been a really horrible day

I will never get over how few trees there are in Britain. Like, I know this specific tree has cultural importance, but you guys aren't in a good position to be losing any trees at all.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I will never get over how few trees there are in Britain. Like, I know this specific tree has cultural importance, but you guys aren't in a good position to be losing any trees at all.

being an isolated island that was at the forefront of the industrial revolution will do that to a mfer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Wondering if it's possible to graft something like that back together. Probably a futile exercise for something that big and old :(

Volte posted:

Also not to defend the capitalist vampires and their bloodsucking decision-making policies, but was the industry bloodbath (not just in games but tech in general) this year not something that everyone expected was eventually going to happen post-COVID because of the sheer amount of over-hiring and questionable investing that went on during the pandemic, and not necessarily indicative of the standard practices going forward? I'm not entirely sure what he's referring with his "if you put up with this, you'll never play a good game again" rhetoric. Also the way the tweet is phrased it makes it sound like a bunch of people straight up died and we'll never get to see what they had to offer to the games industry. It sucks rear end that a lot of people lost their jobs but is it fair to say that they lost their careers and lives as well?

There's basically mass layoffs every year once projects end, and a lot of studios are always One Bad Game away from closing. Not saying it's right or fair, but 2023 isn't unique.

Unfortunately this sort of nonsense seems to be endemic of the industry, and I hope mass unionisations will eventually change that landscape for the better; but it probably won't happen for a while.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

For that matter England's pretty low on engs too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Rami Ismail is an expert of taking a position that you'd probably agree with in a vacuum but present it in such an unfavorable/unlikable way you feel compelled to argue against him.