Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Get your poo poo together republicans! This aggression will not stand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/beater_rides/status/1707465244639899987

having to remove your tire to fill up just so your wheels can tilt inward lmao

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

and they say the kids these days can't commit to anything

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

This is like some NASCAR bullshit that may make some sort of sense there but I have zero idea what it does for you just driving around town. I know cambers are a thing, but as Aristotle would say, use all things in moderation.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m curious about the apparent lack of a gas cap, a situation that would surely go well

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good god

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

This is like some NASCAR bullshit that may make some sort of sense there but I have zero idea what it does for you just driving around town. I know cambers are a thing, but as Aristotle would say, use all things in moderation.

makes you look cool to a certain type of dude and makes everyone else think your car got hosed up somehow

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

It makes you buy tires at a ridicuous rate and you'll get laughed at by people with actually cool cars, other than that does nothing. Imagine doing anything to a honda accord that makes it harder to use, lol, lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/beater_rides/status/1707465244639899987

Wasnt there some early 90s van where you had to remove the tire to change the battery

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Wasnt there some early 90s van where you had to remove the tire to change the battery

The 2010 to like 2014 era Subaru's (not all, but the Outback and one other model) required you to remove the entire front bumper to change out a headlight bulb.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

The 2010 to like 2014 era Subaru's (not all, but the Outback and one other model) required you to remove the entire front bumper to change out a headlight bulb.

you could do it with your hands and avoid removal, but boy howdy was it a squeeze and not intended. Ford really hosed around with their batteries in the 2010s. My focus requires disassembling the box it's in to change the batter and my friend's escape has to have the battery changed at the dealer because you have to remove a panel in the front wheel well.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 29, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah my Sebring in college had the battery in the wheel well which is… definitely a choice

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

One thing I love about my corolla. Can fix that thing with a screw driver and parts diagram from Google.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I know there is a while BFC thread but the OP is almost a decade old. Need a recommendation for a credit card to use for daily spending, gas, groceries, eating out etc. My wife has only used her debit card before as her main thing, but want to use credit because it has better protections for fraud and such. We don't travel a lot, so miles and such aren't the perks for us.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My old bug had it under the rear seat, with the exposed under seat springs, aaand straw filling. Nice and easy to get to, which is great when your buddy sits back there shorts the battery and catches the whole seat on fire. Just tossed the whole bench on to the curb and watched it smolder away. Good times.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

I know there is a while BFC thread but the OP is almost a decade old. Need a recommendation for a credit card to use for daily spending, gas, groceries, eating out etc. My wife has only used her debit card before as her main thing, but want to use credit because it has better protections for fraud and such. We don't travel a lot, so miles and such aren't the perks for us.

Most of the credit-adjacent websites have a 'which credit card is best for X' feature, and they're all pretty current.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/the-best-credit-cards

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/todays-best-credit-cards/

etc. Probably will get you aimed best for the exact scenario you're looking for.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

I went with a chase freedom unlimited a couple of years back and it's pretty good. That one's 5% on travel, 3% dining / takeout / delivery / drugstore / 1.5% everything else. No annual fee, $200 back after you spend like $1k. I dump everything on that card and just cash it out into gift cards. They do 5% bonuses on rotating gift cards, so I just wait and cash out once a year on a bunch of gift cards.

There's ones with rotating categories you can get up to 5% back on, but they're annoying to keep track of, so I don't bother. Could do Discover IT if you want to game the 5% categories, but it's only 1% on everything else.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My wife's 2015 Grand Cherokee battery was located under the passenger seat. Took us 7 years to find out.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My dad's '91 BMW 325xi had the battery & the 6-disc cd changer in the trunk. Kinda cool until you have to get a jump when the trunk is full of your crap.

Also the head unit only had a tape deck so once you burnt thru all of the 6 CD's in the back you had to wait until you stopped again to change them out. That sounds fine until you realize your drive from northern Maine to Boston is 8 hours.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

My Chevy Trailblazer (I forget the model year ... maybe 2001?) required a similar removal of a bunch of pieces under the hood, but only the left headlight bulb. The right headlight was easy-peasy and changing it out took 90 seconds, max.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 day weekend. Grand Final in the rugby league, gonna rip the scab off a cold one and let the world just gently caress right off for 3 days.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Android Apocalypse posted:

My dad's '91 BMW 325xi had the battery & the 6-disc cd changer in the trunk. Kinda cool until you have to get a jump when the trunk is full of your crap.

Also the head unit only had a tape deck so once you burnt thru all of the 6 CD's in the back you had to wait until you stopped again to change them out. That sounds fine until you realize your drive from northern Maine to Boston is 8 hours.

Don't look and see how much that same car costs on the used market now...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hell yeah and that six-disc changer hanging off the top of the trunk got in the way of everything you wanted to pack in there. Getting rid of it was a good thing (for a circa 2005 Alpine head unit and iPod 30-pin cable into the glovebox).

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’m curious about the apparent lack of a gas cap, a situation that would surely go well

My 2020 Honda Odyssey doesn't have a gas cap. There's a spring-loaded seal that opens/closes when you put the pump nozzle in, and of course we all know that springs never wear out!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1707736297115115667?s=46

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

second source
https://abc7news.com/senator-dianne-feinstein-dead-obituary-san-francisco-mayor-cable-car/13635510/

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
RIP Dianne Banker-Buttlicking Feinstein, The Dragon Lady With No Heart

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Time to appoint an 80 year old to fill her seat.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

But I was assured she was in great health!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Kissinger outlasts another

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh man, a youth revolution!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

fartknocker posted:

Kissinger outlasts another

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if he outlived me

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Let Jello Biafra write her obituary

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Or a baby. Same poo poo. Same diaper.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Let those sunrise movement kids piss on her grave.

:vince:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

I went with a chase freedom unlimited a couple of years back and it's pretty good. That one's 5% on travel, 3% dining / takeout / delivery / drugstore / 1.5% everything else. No annual fee, $200 back after you spend like $1k. I dump everything on that card and just cash it out into gift cards. They do 5% bonuses on rotating gift cards, so I just wait and cash out once a year on a bunch of gift cards.

There's ones with rotating categories you can get up to 5% back on, but they're annoying to keep track of, so I don't bother. Could do Discover IT if you want to game the 5% categories, but it's only 1% on everything else.

I have some sort of Chase Freedom card as well, no complaints here. Right now I just have cheapo monthly subscriptions like streaming services and Patreon on it and I should probably be using it for more.

Couldn't take the stress of the Lions being ascendant in the NFL.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I honestly wonder what the job prospects for her assistants are since they were clearly propping up a corpse for the last couple years for their own benefit.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

swickles posted:

I honestly wonder what the job prospects for her assistants are since they were clearly propping up a corpse for the last couple years for their own benefit.

Senior Democratic Strategist has a nice double meaning to the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaadee
May 3, 2013

swickles posted:

You could do a flat 2% cash back on everything with Citi Double Cash Card. It was the darling of the cash back CCs back in 2015 and is still great for not having to think about juggling various reward categories. If you have an Amazon Prime membership you can pair the Citi Card with an Amazon Visa and get 5% back on Amazon and Whole Foods purchases. If you're not a Prime member you only get 3% though. No annual fee for either card.

That's my setup and although I'm sure I could squeeze extra savings by juggling a bunch of cards and having some with annual fees, I'm fine with getting most of the way there without having to deal with optimization every time I make a purchase.