Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I don't even think about the American empire every day and I live there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

But has he tried Applebee's?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I still think about that time me and a friend definitely made him cry, that was a good time.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Someone on tik tok said that men think about the roman empire all day every day. That's it.

Lmao.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

I still think about that time me and a friend definitely made him cry, that was a good time.

I would like to know more

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Well, where is the png?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Amphigory posted:

I would like to know more

He was in the live chat of this youtube stream of the Artemis I launch that we were both watching (and it was definitely him, because he was using his verified account and Youtube hasn't ruined that meaning unlike twitter, and I mean he talked and acted exactly like him too). It was the SpaceFlightNow one, which is much less popular than the main NASA one, so there were maybe 20 people actually in the chat talking. I think he picked that one because SpaceFlightNow tends to give him and his rockets lots of fawning, mostly uncritical praise, and judging by the rest of the conversation he was generally buttmad about NASA and didn't want to watch their stream as a result. He was spending most of the time whining about how much better his rockets are and acting like an enormous baby who was so mad that people were paying attention to a different toy than his. So I started needling him about "how's it feel to have spent 40 billion dollars to become the most laughed at failure of a man in history" since the twitter purchase had just happened, that kinda stuff. My friend joined and she's much better at getting under people's skin than I am, and had thought about this a little bit beforehand, so she immediately zeroed in on personal poo poo like how his kids hate him lol. This made him get real quiet (up to this point he just would not shut up, so it was pretty conspicuous) until the rocket launched, and before it was even over he posted simply "I need a drink" and left.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

And I mean yeah the SLS is a dumb loving rocket that's way too expensive and backwards and stupid but come the gently caress on man do you really not have anything better to do as the richest man in the world than whine in a livestream that it's not fair, it should be your rocket? It's genuinely impressive how much of a fuckin' loser the dude is.

e: Oh I just remembered, there were maybe 2 or 3 other people I didn't know who were also making fun of him which was nice, and 2 or 3 musk stans fawning over him. At one point one of the bazingas said something like "you can't be the real Elon, he's definitely got much more important things he's doing right now to get us to mars instead of this!!" which Elon tried to play off casually but you could tell he definitely took it as an insult cuz he kept coming back to it after the conversation had moved on lmao. I think that moment alone did more to convince me it was definitely him than the verified account or the fact that he wouldn't shut up about how great his products are did.

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Sep 29, 2023

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Who is this correct and awesome dude?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Coolness Averted posted:

I love the stupid confluence of the meme of the day, the internet's main character, and thoroughly debunked cover stories for companies closing unprofitable stores during an economic downturn we're pretending isn't happening

I love the picture lmfao

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I'm not going to make some dumb joke, I just want to repost this because it deserves to be.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Animal-Mother posted:

Dr. Jordan Peterson.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao i love it :allears:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

replies say shahid bolsen (you can see replies by changing the url's "twitter.com" to "nitter.net" for a mirror)

I hadn't heard of him before, google gave me a reddit thread of some people claiming he's a member of al qaeda and/or a literal murderer, which I am rather skeptical of

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

World War Mammories posted:

replies say shahid bolsen (you can see replies by changing the url's "twitter.com" to "nitter.net" for a mirror)

I hadn't heard of him before, google gave me a reddit thread of some people claiming he's a member of al qaeda and/or a literal murderer, which I am rather skeptical of

No, it's all true.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://web.archive.org/web/2022051...he-firing-squad

quote:

An expat facing execution in Sharjah for the murder of a German engineer has sent a message to his victim’s relatives – urging them to take “solace” from the fact the man’s death was not pre-meditated. Muslim convert Shahid King Bolsen, from the US, killed 58-year-old Martin Herbert Steiner in 2006 with a lethal dose of the powerful anaesthetic chloroform. Bolsen and his Ethiopian maid were accused of luring married Steiner to Bolsen’s Sharjah home with promises of sex. He claims Steiner got aggressive and he administered the lethal drug to stop him. In his battle to avoid the firing squad Bolsen, a father of four, made an emotional statement in which he admitted his crime but claims it was unintentional, saying: “I’m not guilty of murder, I’m not a threat to society.”

my girlfriend maid and I really dig your vibe

e: the words of the man himself with some context (haven't had a chance to listen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BIebD_JgMA

double nine has issued a correction as of 11:59 on Sep 29, 2023

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

double nine posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/2022051...he-firing-squad

my girlfriend maid and I really dig your vibe

Sending "you should be happy I didn't Murder him, I only murdered him" to someone's family in a bid for leniency sure is a bold move

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I mean whatever his history, should n't impact his analysis in that previous video

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

That article posted:

It’s claimed that when he spoke to Steiner, the victim got aggressive and Bolsen gave him chloroform, a powerful anaesthetic, which killed the engineer. Bolsen said he had the drug in the house to help him sleep. The maid later claimed Bolsen told her to thank Allah for “an infidel is dead”. Bolsen admitted bundling Steiner’s body into a blue suitcase and putting it in the boot of his victim’s Mazda car. He started to flee the country but before the dad of four got to the Oman border, had second thoughts so he dumped the suitcase at the side of the Dubai-Hatta Road and went back to Sharjah. He then went on a Dhs20,000 spending spree with Steiner’s credit card. After confessing to the killing, Bolsen took the police to the body and was eventually sentenced to death in 2007.

This guy, for all his faults, definitely has panache

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

He's American so I'll believe he's a murderer without further research.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Who is this dude?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
some dead guy

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

from what I can read the murder took place in UAE, not in denver.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Don't worry, I already have the answer I expected

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahah Jesus Christ

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am just picturing Steiner as the knight guy from Final Fantasy 9 and this whole thing is very funny

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Is this AI generated? Practically every detail is wrong except the year that Latifa Al Maktoum tried to escape the UAE

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

budd dwyer thought posted:

Is this AI generated? Practically every detail is wrong except the year that Latifa Al Maktoum tried to escape the UAE
when you google the guy's name 90% of the results are AI generated or people repeating unsourced stuff on bobloblawslawblog.com it rules. The only reference in the first few pages of results from a credible source is a paywalled nyt article that just references his him as someone who had something to say about the Egyptian uprisings last decade.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

when you google the guy's name 90% of the results are AI generated or people repeating unsourced stuff on bobloblawslawblog.com it rules. The only reference in the first few pages of results from a credible source is a paywalled nyt article that just references his him as someone who had something to say about the Egyptian uprisings last decade.

Love to take a journey on the information super highway

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
gonna be cool when wikipedia starts integrating AI editing tools

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

budd dwyer thought posted:

Details are for rubes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

Love to take a journey on the information super highway

Every stop is a tourist trap

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Welcome to the future

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
details are an op

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

maybe the real facts about this bolsin guy were the friends we made along the way

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://fortune.com./2023/09/28/working-from-home-disaster-feminism-allbright-debbie-wosskow/

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Working from home is basically the same as housework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao what a headline