Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe

Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The_Other posted:

Steeple 18: Maggie's Party Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

Allison has perfectly captured the Q&A audience experience, and for that, I want to run screaming from the room.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth 1999

If this is how this guy manages people, he deserves to have his news station taken away from him.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Sep 29, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

My guess is that Prudence omitted the details of their escape attempt in that terrible book she published to make the Demons look inhuman to the public. If they managed to escape but turned around at the last second to finish their 3-year training, then I seriously doubt the Meteors can beat them. The Meteors just want to win against the Cowboys. To the Demons, the training was something that would change their entire lives.

Prudence just made a huge mistake pissing the team off, and I can't wait for the team to break her 100% accurate match predictions.

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Dethany's the one who pushed Fi into taking on more work, so I think it's fair she pushes Dethany off a cliff.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/9-11/42

:wtc:

God, Invisible Scarlet O'Neil is insane in the best of ways.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Dunkin' on Sputter

Pluggers

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe

To help out anyone who's confused, a popular videogame engine called Unity recently changed its licensing terms to "go gently caress yourself with a cactus" (paraphrased only slightly) so now there's a surge of interest in a competitor, an open-source engine called Godot, which was named after the famous play "Waiting for Godot".

I always appreciate it when a writer does a joke despite knowing that 99% of the audience won't get it, and even that 1% will have to think about it for a second until it clicks. MST3K did this all the time.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 4, 1935)

Peanuts (October 1, 1976)

Crankshaft, in which the dead pity the living.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner, featuring the potent combination of "powerful" and "powerfully dumb" . (September 17-19, 1934)

Thimble Theater (May 3, 1940)

Out Our Way (December 7-9, 1942)

The Wart has his own internal logic. It's majestically busted logic, but it makes sense to him. If you don't get it? It's your problem, not his.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
More Redwall Bullshit

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City invents new ways to get out of drawing a volleyball game.

Curtis

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

its me im the ghost

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it would be a baller move if this was the last heart of the city strip

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave
Careful, he's converting them! :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Breaking Cat News is cute and all but boy howdy it really starts to fail when it wants to show action and complex scenes. The art is really flat and doesn’t lend itself to it at all.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Breaking Cat News has broken me, the BCN fan. This mole war crap sucks so bad. Just go back to the cats talking about doing cat things but playing it up with faux importance.

Poil posted:

Careful, he's converting them! :v:

Great Minds

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Comic Strips 2020: b-o-o-g-e-r b-u-t-t w-i-e-n-e-r

Please

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The hell is going on with that book?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's tied to his belt, which was the style at the time

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think Georgia's heart is in the right place but a prolonged mole war and expanded "fantasy life all the woodland creatures around my home secretly do" storytelling would be better suited to a single long term read like a storybook. I forget the character relationships and names after every weekend.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The hell is going on with that book?

OOW always accurately portrays the absolute inanity able bodied young people will attempt in lounging. :allears:

Jucika "292 - Jucika And The Trendy Store Window"

"293 - Jucika At The Theater"

"büfé = buffet"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

maybealabia posted:

Comic Strips 2020: b-o-o-g-e-r b-u-t-t w-i-e-n-e-r

Please
Seconded.

F Minus

Mark Trail

This strip angers me. Like more than usual. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just losing my patience with Jules' Mark Trail.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Ah here's where the cops get called by Doug.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

I'm going away for the weekend and won't be posting comics, so feel free to post any or all of the strips I usually do if you want. Otherwise, I'll catch up Sunday or Monday.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Breaking Cat News is cute and all but boy howdy it really starts to fail when it wants to show action and complex scenes. The art is really flat and doesn’t lend itself to it at all.

She has a very distinctive art style that works quite well for the cats most of the time, aside from your spot-on point. Her portrayal of humans is genuinely creepy and offputting.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

broth

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I wonder what Arlo is so grouchy about, or is this the storyline where he realizes he's old. :ohdear:

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

This strip angers me. Like more than usual. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just losing my patience with Jules' Mark Trail.

Based off the art of this week and this unholy first draft sketch of a strip I'd say we're all having natural revulsion to an artist being so shamelessly lazy.

Overall: Has just given up on shading, all coloring is single tone, strip looks really ugly and flat for it.
Panel 1: The doubt was fading more every day but at this point yeah, Jules just traces animal pictures or bangs out a rough draft copying it as much as possible. They've really gone to hell.
Panel 2: Kid is off model(this could be put in 75% of the panels), detail lost from bangs, no detailing on horse mask. Obligatory sigh and eye roll for using 10 year old 4chan memes in the upcoming story most likely.
Panel 3: "No, I'm not redrawing those hands. Nobody reads this strip anyway." The How To Draw Manga approach to faces and improper scaling for them is pretty ugly. The battle to remember how to draw a backpack consistently that was lost yesterday continues to smolder here. Colorist or Jules doesn't pretend to care with the multiple failures to color eyes.
Panel 4: "No, I'm not redrawing this rough sketch of this absurdly ugly and stupid looking kid." I notice that three dash lines radiating from the forehead/eyes is the new artistic tic, an earlier strip doing it 3 times back to back.

Obligatory truly terrible writing that is less in touch with the ideas of modern, hip comedy than even Rex Morgan or Mary Worth. Is Jules a 60 year old newspaper editor pretending to be a 30 year old millennial pretending to be a painfully awkward teenager?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Jesus christ, the horse head mask was a thing in like...2011?

At least people still play Wordle.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Mother loving laser targeted at me.

edit: I guess this might be a reference to the book, which, yes, I did read a lot as a young teenager. I think it's funnier suggesting Hillary throw a 1998 PC CD-ROM game at Ted though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

First panel

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

S

The Phantom

Two things:
Guran drugging Diana apparently had no side effects?
Does the Phantom keeps his mask on when he's sleeping with his wife?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Alhazred posted:

Does the Phantom keeps his mask on when he's sleeping with his wife?

Depends on her mood and what you mean by "sleeping with" :pervert:

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

manero posted:

Dunkin' on Sputter

Neighbor man is apparently a fan of ortolan bunting.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Doomykins posted:

What a great day for comics.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Lil' Abner is giving Invisible Scarlet O'Neil a run for its money in the 'Completely batshit insane' aspect. I love it.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

So he's a bastard.

So, what was Gil's plan here?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I could almost see barking like a dog to break someone's concentration, but I bet it would only work at the high school level.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I despise the Home Free kid, but all the different poses are fantastic.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hippocrass posted:

So, what was Gil's plan here?

I think even though Milford still got blown out, he got them a TD and they feel like they earned something. Freaking out the opposing linesman is also something funny to think about after the game.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

“Cabaret clubs,” as I think I’ve mentioned, are 99% of the time just places where guys can pay a lot of money to drink and flirt with young women in pretty dresses.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (June 23-27, 2003)

Five strips today! Also tomorrow. And intermittently throughout the next few weeks until Allison usually settles on that. I'm going to need to pare back how many strips I post per day, original story pacing be damned, because otherwise it's going to end up being five six-panel comics per post, and that's just a wall of comics that'll get annoying pretty quickly.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Giant Ethicist posted:

Haraiso Days

“Cabaret clubs,” as I think I’ve mentioned, are 99% of the time just places where guys can pay a lot of money to drink and flirt with young women in pretty dresses.

Places of sadness watching grown-rear end men awkwardly hitting on the talent.

Or at least.... that's what my friend told me. I dont go to those places myself.
>.>

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Breaking Cat News has broken me, the BCN fan. This mole war crap sucks so bad. Just go back to the cats talking about doing cat things but playing it up with faux importance.

Great Minds

The colors should be the other way around. Wallace is seeking guidance to the red seaglass, not the blue seaglass. <:mad:>