Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Disney's putting a movie in theaters that looks like it was DTV years ago.

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1707062730895540666?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When I saw a trailer for that in the theater a while back I thought it was a tie in with a Disney Channel show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like they're doing a different animation style.

Seems fine.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Michael Gambon, passed away at 82.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks like they're doing a different animation style.

Seems fine.

It looks exactly like their usual style but with a filter slapped on it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Michael Gambon, passed away at 82.

Dumbledore Double Dead
- Variety

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Dumbledore has died as many times as Goku at this point.

Phanatic posted:

Disney's putting a movie in theaters that looks like it was DTV years ago.

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1707062730895540666?s=20

gently caress me this looks painfully generic.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
whose JK gonna cast now to play TERF dumbledore

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Jude Law better be on high alert.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nightmare Cinema posted:

gently caress me this looks painfully generic.

Even more damning, it's generic twice over -- boilerplate Disney musical adventure in visuals and plot, standard Marvel quipathon in writing and character voice. There's a near-literal "that just happened" gag, ferchrissakes. Blech.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Forget all that Disney pap, the Duck Dynasty hagiography comes out this week!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE2wUVknVj8
It looks... hilarious.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

oh cool now churchies can go astroturf something else now that the Sound of Freedom people are just a little too tainted

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Even more damning, it's generic twice over -- boilerplate Disney musical adventure in visuals and plot, standard Marvel quipathon in writing and character voice. There's a near-literal "that just happened" gag, ferchrissakes. Blech.

I think they even made the visuals even more standard Disney stuff compared to some earlier footage.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'd only seen clips and trailers for Wish on my phone until just now. On a small screen, I couldn't even see the linework and thought it just looked cheap and plain, rather than an attempt to capture a watercolor style.

But there's no defending the bland design, lighting, and color. Some shots just look plain bad, the Queen in particular.

I just watched Coco and Encanto with my kids, so I guess this was always destined to look like a huge turd in comparison. I see that this is co-directed by one of the co-directors of Frozen 1 and 2, which suffer from a similar blandness problem

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://deadstate.org/anti-sex-trafficking-crusader-behind-sound-of-freedom-movie-accused-of-grooming-and-sexual-misconduct/

Who could have predicted this?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest episode of the Q-Anon Anonymous podcast goes into it, along with some info about another creep who was part of OUR. The Mormon Church has also distanced themselves from the Sound of Freedom guy after he started to make some claims about support from one of the higher ups.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Unfortunately the kind of people who went to the movie are also the kind of people who will be convinced he’s being persecuted for his good work, by (((THOSE PEOPLE))).

How many movies are there where the heroes trick the villain into admitting he’s evil, and all his supporters drop him when they see what he’s really like? Because it turns out in reality that doesn’t work.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mgu9mNZ8Hk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

More like ack bile

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i don't understand why you need a twisted mind to make this?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i don't understand why you need a twisted mind to make this?

Probably got some anal jokes in it or something. :iiam:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Behind the Bastards did a couple episodes on the Sound of Freedom guy and there were red flags everywhere

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Casimir Radon posted:

Unfortunately the kind of people who went to the movie are also the kind of people who will be convinced he’s being persecuted for his good work, by (((THOSE PEOPLE))).

How many movies are there where the heroes trick the villain into admitting he’s evil, and all his supporters drop him when they see what he’s really like? Because it turns out in reality that doesn’t work.

It's been said a lot for these people, truth and consistency don't actually matter, and are in fact considered annoying distractions and/or traps for idiots, the point is to signal in-group status and present excuses to scapegoat out-groups.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/1707405093514121343

Not Milkshake Kevin!!!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

They already think that a “rogue spokesman” of the Mormon Church is responsible for the elder denouncing him, but the governor of Utah of all people, who is a Republican Mormon, has now gotten involved on the side of endorsing that the church actually has denounced the movie guy. Especially because the movie guy is planning to run for Romney’s Senate seat. Utah politics are very weird even by the standards of the typical one-party theocracy politics of most red states.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

probably doesn't help when the rest of country's theocracy thinks your theocracy is so weird and different you might as well be eastern mysticism

good news guys
https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1707502028480549359?s=20

prequel to 80 For Brady!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wonder if Kevin James ever realized that the majority of his film career has been possible because Chris Farley is dead.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

chris farley made funny movies

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What, you didn’t like the one where they pretend to be a same sex couple for the benefits and the entire movie is one big gay panic joke?

EDIT: I forgot how loving insulting it was to be all “gay people get great benefits!” while the Bush administration was trying to ban gay marriage through a constitutional amendment.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 29, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What, you didn’t like the one where they pretend to be a same sex couple for the benefits and the entire movie is one big gay panic joke?

EDIT: I forgot how loving insulting it was to be all “gay people get great benefits!” while the Bush administration was trying to ban gay marriage through a constitutional amendment.

the one that started with asian hooters waitresses as one big No Homo?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No I didn’t like this movie at all! It wasn’t funny and was stupid. Adam Sandler comedies are horrific.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tbf pretty much every single BTS article claims that all of the homophobia in that movie was 100% Adam Sandler's fault.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Sandler was really good in punch drunk love and uncut gems, and he also brought us dunkacino

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Shame about his comedies though they suck rear end

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Shame about his comedies though they suck rear end

Billy Madison / Happy Gilmore / Wedding Singer / Waterboy / Anger Management are good, actually.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You know no one was talking about those

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sandler was really good in punch drunk love and uncut gems, and he also brought us dunkacino

RIP Dunkaccino btw. They just discontinued it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1707755741132521767

lmao

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

It being anything but a comedy would be a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean they made a movie about the fake story of a guy who claimed he invented the Flamin’ Hot Cheeto so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised