Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lame Dillard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

big boi posted:

"coward" how?
I think getting moved to maybe the best feasible scenario for winning a ring, and then immediately making GBS threads on the team that's loved you and catered to you and given you everything you asked for including hundreds of millions of dollars, less than 24 hours after the trade, is a pretty unambiguously chump move.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

it's kinda weird to apparently be like, "This team has clearly made a choice not to win right now, and I want to win, so send me to Miami. But also if you can't send me to Miami, then I'll just stick around actually." Basically seems like it's a position he got into because he always wanted to be a Portland lifer but then got successfully recruited by one team. He's gotta be happy about going to Milwuakee though, yeah? Just still residual anger at Portland for closing off contact to his team while they worked on it? i mean it worked out...

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I would guess those stories are coming from spurned GM offices, not from Lillard.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am told trade talks stalled between the bulls and Blazers when the Blazers saw the bulls had "no good players"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lockback posted:

I would guess those stories are coming from spurned GM offices, not from Lillard.
I think some of this stuff like "Portland stopped responding to Dame's team" and "Dame asked to rescind his trade request and they said no" and "The team made Dame fake an injury" have to come from Lillard and co.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 29, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1707773156348567832

lmao 4 games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

apart from these brief exposures,,,,
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1707774822695227533?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

The Haynes story directly quotes Lillard and his agent for the entire thing, if you want the official party line. It’s what he says.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NBA randomly deciding that they want to join the NFL in showing they don't care about women

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I mean it sounds like he exposed a little more than his briefs

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
“You’re an expensive backpack for 30”

Lmao

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I am annoyed that I voted for Milwaukee to win the East and be the finals runner up the day before Damian Lillard was traded to them and ruined their chances of winning

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

NBA randomly deciding that they want to join the NFL in showing they don't care about women

If they keep this suspension minor they can let Bridges get back for time served and go full MLB with it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1707770265885655261

INFINITE WIGGLES

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Every Wiggle is replaceable and always has been.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Woj tweet posted:

Primo maintains that his conduct was not intentional
I mean, who hasn't been there. This happened to me twice yesterday at Target, it's called real life

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kg’s right

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

pentyne posted:

Every Wiggle is replaceable and always has been.

I am getting extremely triggered by memories of working in the public library in high school and having to sort and shelve a million different VHS and DVD copies of The Wiggles different acts and programs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol

quote:

[Pablo Torre Finds Out] Jordan Poole reportedly told Draymond Green "You're an expensive backpack for 30" before being punched at Warriors training camp last season

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'd like to see ol' Root Beer Barrel wiggle his way off THIS team

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

rivetz posted:

I mean, who hasn't been there. This happened to me twice yesterday at Target, it's called real life

TFW you realize why everyone at Panera is looking at you

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am told trade talks stalled between the bulls and Blazers when the Blazers saw the bulls had "no good players"

Sad, 30 years ago these teams were best friends and made a video game together

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Someone hire me at the Ringer when I make the Wiggle index, a mathematical calculation of how many times a star player can ask for a trade before the public or league turns on them.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
X axis: That Boy Nice Quotient
Y axis: Dawg Depth Ratio
Z axis: Remaining Wiggle Count

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Now that it has come out Portland asked Lillard to sit 10 games, where are the people up in arms about their tanking? That is 5x worse than the 2 game ranking by the Mavs people moaned and groaned about.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hahahahahah

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I don’t get it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

30 is Curry. Curry is carrying Draymond on his back like a backpack.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I like Jordan Poole quite a bit more now

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spacebump posted:

Now that it has come out Portland asked Lillard to sit 10 games, where are the people up in arms about their tanking? That is 5x worse than the 2 game ranking by the Mavs people moaned and groaned about.
No it's not, because with the Mavs it was like if you win 2 and OKC loses 2, you're literally in the playoffs instead of out. And they're like "Nah" and also said it out loud. This is still just "sources."

I actually think I did complain about Portland at the time too because they shut Dame down before they were mathematically eliminated and it cost me my fantasy championship but for them we more knew it wasn't happening. Dallas it wouldn't have taken much for them to be in.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

No it's not, because with the Mavs it was like if you win 2 and OKC loses 2, you're literally in the playoffs instead of out. And they're like "Nah" and also said it out loud. This is still just "sources."

I actually think I did complain about Portland at the time too because they shut Dame down before they were mathematically eliminated and it cost me my fantasy championship but for them we more knew it wasn't happening. Dallas it wouldn't have taken much for them to be in.

Portland could have made the playoffs if Dame doesn’t sit those 10 games. They finished with 33 wins and won 1 of 10 Dame less games. 9 more wins puts them in a tie for 8th. If the Mavs won their last two, they don’t make the playin. Portland actually could have made the playoffs if they didn’t tank. Unlikely, but unlike Dallas it was mathematically possible.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 29, 2023

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

It's worse to shut down Luka doncic to purposely miss playoffs in order to maybe keep a pick than it is to shut down thin Ray Felton to lose 1 extra game

I do hope they get punished though it would be really funny.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

It's worse to shut down Luka doncic to purposely miss playoffs in order to maybe keep a pick than it is to shut down thin Ray Felton to lose 1 extra game

I do hope they get punished though it would be really funny.

It is worse to shut down Luka than Felton. However, it’s worse to shut down Dame for 10 games than Luka for 2. The Trailblazers ended up with the 3rd pick instead of outside the lottery.

Regardless, even if Luka played an extra game and a half, the Mavs could not have made the playin and possibly the same pick.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Unlikely, but unlike Dallas it was mathematically possible.

In retrospect. At the time Dallas shut things down they still had a path that was pretty reasonable.

Doesn't change your point about Portland, though I'd also say that Portland team was way stinkier and had way less chance of being competitive than Dallas, who had the talent but just wasn't getting it together.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I mean really, at the end of the day are you really going to deny anyone a chance to call Mark Cuban and Jason Kidd weenies?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I liked the Very Respectable Media types complaining that Portland’s behavior sullied the integrity of the NBA as a gambling product.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Draymond is such an enormous wiener

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

In retrospect. At the time Dallas shut things down they still had a path that was pretty reasonable.

Doesn't change your point about Portland, though I'd also say that Portland team was way stinkier and had way less chance of being competitive than Dallas, who had the talent but just wasn't getting it together.

I’ll give you those are fair points.

If the Mavs play Luka in more than 2 quarters in their 2nd to last game, they’d have a slight chance if OKC lost games. The players who finished that game clearly tried to win as they narrowly lost by 3. In the last 20 seconds of that game, the Mavs missed 4 3s and the Bulls missed two free throws.

Luka sat out one full game. By that time the Thunder has 39 wins and the tie breaker over Dallas. If Luka plays the game and wins, they can’t make the playoffs.

Did the Mavs briefly tank? Sure. Did Portland tank 5x more? Absolutely. Could the Mavs have made the playoffs if they didn’t tank/won out? No. Could Portland? Yes.

The results of the tank jobs? Mavs got the 10th pick and Portland got their next potential franchise player.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

WhyteRyce posted:

[Pablo Torre Finds Out] Jordan Poole reportedly told Draymond Green "You're an expensive backpack for 30" before being punched at Warriors training camp last season

Hahaha