Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All Might is planning to crawl up and bite AFO's legs off. Little does he know that AFO has a leg-detaching Quirk so he never leaves footprints behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Terper posted:

All Might is planning to crawl up and bite AFO's legs off. Little does he know that AFO has a leg-detaching Quirk so he never leaves footprints behind

And that's why he wants OFA - what better Quirk to complement the Legs-Fall-Off Quirk than the Explode-Your-Arms Quirk?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

So does Deku's All Might quirk ghost have legs now?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not sure why this made me laugh

Oh no not his gloop warp!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Nah it was one of the best parts of the chapter, almost worthy of a thread title change

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Exactly what I was expecting unfortunately; the buildup was actually good enough this time that I got my hopes up though.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

RatHat posted:

Imagine your quirk awakening and it just lets you change your blood type. I guess you’d be a hero at the blood donation bank.

Doctor: I am sorry, but your quirk just gives you lupus.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

FireWorksWell posted:

Nah it was one of the best parts of the chapter, almost worthy of a thread title change

Given how long we've had the old one, may be time for a change

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7506/my-hero-academia-chapter-402

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

E: Okay, this was a really good chapter.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 28, 2023

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
all mights the freakin bomb man

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Bakugo wakes up next chapter, finds out his Quirk killed All Might, and immediately drops dead again.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, how will AFO no sell this new development? :v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When he's warpin but you're still gloopin

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
drat I wonder how AFO will no sell this one????

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

So, how will AFO no sell this new development? :v:

The damage gets rewound, just like everything else that happened to him

I seem to vaguely recall from the Overhaul fight that eventually Rewind started outpacing even 100% OFA's damage to Deku, so attacking him makes him rewind faster, and All Might's hoping that his sacrifice will be enough to push AFO that last step

So it might very well be a "Haha you fail-" and then he's gone

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
At least we got definite closure to the other fights but God's Fallen Prostate has led to a Gloop Warp

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

LMAO @ Momo doing something cool.... off-screen.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nephthys posted:

LMAO @ Momo doing something cool.... off-screen.
While All Might was becoming Infinity War Iron Man, she was studying the Iron Man 2 War Machine

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I call this Super Crying 2.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All All For One had to do was ignore All Might and things would have been fine, but he just can't help but be a petty bitch. :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We really are going to get Baby AFO at this rate aren't we

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Vinylshadow posted:

The damage gets rewound, just like everything else that happened to him

I seem to vaguely recall from the Overhaul fight that eventually Rewind started outpacing even 100% OFA's damage to Deku, so attacking him makes him rewind faster, and All Might's hoping that his sacrifice will be enough to push AFO that last step

So it might very well be a "Haha you fail-" and then he's gone

AM does say AFO might end up as a toddler because of it. Rewind seemed to work basically the opposite wrt injuries in the Overhaul fight, though. Back then Deku could hurt himself constantly with OFA so that only his wounds would get rewound instead of making Deku younger. Now AFO getting hurt makes him rewind faster, for some reason that I don't remember (and possibly hasn't really been explained).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So you think All Might really dies here, or will someone somehow save him at the last second? Is this the death that Nighteye saw?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All Might is, as always, the coolest

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

So you think All Might really dies here, or will someone somehow save him at the last second? Is this the death that Nighteye saw?

I think dying would be antithetical to the lesson All Might has had to learn about not being self-sacrificing at the drop of a hat, so I don't think he's out. Besides, I feel like we've long since passed the point his death would be appropriately weighty given we're at the end of the manga now.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Shame on Nighteye for trying to rob All Might of THIS kind of death if it was. If he'd told All Might that this exactly was how he would die, All Might would have laughed in his face even harder.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Horikoshi is going through the same problems Kubo did with Bleach where his body and/or mind is just too broken down to finish the story the way he imaged it when he started. Both manga are even going through the exact same power creep where "nuh uh that doesn't work on me because I said so" is the villain's power

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The shonen comic workload is very bad but i'm hesitant to say Horikoshi "has a broken mind" because he's written some bad chapters.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The shonen comic workload is very bad but i'm hesitant to say Horikoshi "has a broken mind" because he's written some bad chapters.
Broken mind in that he's just burnt out mentally

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Tampa Bae posted:

Horikoshi is going through the same problems Kubo did with Bleach where his body and/or mind is just too broken down to finish the story the way he imaged it when he started. Both manga are even going through the exact same power creep where "nuh uh that doesn't work on me because I said so" is the villain's power
this literally just happened in Jujutsu Kaisen

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So next chapter they'll reveal that the shining baby came from the moon, right?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

All Might is still the best

We joked but we really are headed to Deku punching Baby All For One

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I just really want Shiggy to dust AfO at this point and I am disappointed it hasn't happened long ago.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Has it been brought up earlier that AFO wants to give the synthetic AFO to Shiggy? Is that just to hand over a bunch of useful quirks, or is having both OG AFO and the copy going to make Shiggy stronger somehow?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Staltran posted:

Has it been brought up earlier that AFO wants to give the synthetic AFO to Shiggy?

Haven't reread any chapters, but there's something nagging at me that there was a small mention before now that you say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Staltran posted:

Has it been brought up earlier that AFO wants to give the synthetic AFO to Shiggy? Is that just to hand over a bunch of useful quirks, or is having both OG AFO and the copy going to make Shiggy stronger somehow?

The reason AfO is heading for Shiggy in the first place is because he has completely suppressed AfO's control over him, and AfO wants to regain control again. I guess the idea is that handing off a copy of his quirk will double his influence over Shigaraki.