Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

What is the name of the song playing on the radio in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jabberlock posted:

german comedy is a contradiction

https://youtu.be/ZJRUDaw8DJE?si=jkkZxw519TvnhkKR

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

pantsofdoom
Nov 20, 2003

i like pants

i wanna sew little mans onto the blue bits on the jacket pockets.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

deoju posted:

There is one designer who likes to use frogs, but lately Lego has been including frog pieces in Jurassic Park sets as a joke about the dinosaurs having frog DNA like in the movie.

All of the 2023 sets have one.

Join us in the Lego Thread of you want to learn more and blow through your disposable income. :homebrew:

Okay we get it you’re rich.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

pantsofdoom posted:

i wanna sew little mans onto the blue bits on the jacket pockets.

Just make him a dangly attachment to the pocket zipper

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

dialhforhero posted:

Okay we get it you’re rich.
Nah, I didn't buy that set, it was $250. I just googled a picture. I have the $20 Jeep set that comes with Newman from Seinfeld though.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

:thunk:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im a moron with no knowledge of the subject but isnt that illegal to do in germany. obviously there is some contextual leeway

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm trying to imagine the thought process that leads someone to pick as their avatar a picture of Hitler with the stache shopped off. There's blood coming out my ears.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Funny looking sybian

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/8V5Qq8r.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Heath posted:

What is the name of the song playing on the radio in this

Ravel's Bolero

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ffCiMU2.mp4

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm trying to imagine the thought process that leads someone to pick as their avatar a picture of Hitler with the stache shopped off. There's blood coming out my ears.

It's a Hearts of Iron IV thing where in certain scenarios Hitler can lose control of Germany in a civil war and then potentially appears as a poorly disguised version of himself leading an AI controlled fascist nation, such as Señor Hilter in Argentina.

Being a pdox enthusiast of course makes it more likely that its a nazi, not less

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

PainterofCrap posted:

Ravel's Bolero

It's not, but I can't find what it really is. Same snare part in the beginning though for sure.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

It's not, but I can't find what it really is. Same snare part in the beginning though for sure.

I always mentally play that one in my head when I think of the scene, but apparently it's Mantovani's Piccolo Bolero. I actually think it fits better for the scene because Ravel's Bolero is a little too horny for it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Jesus that took me a lot of work to figure out and I can't find a recording of it anywhere other than that video and a youth orchestra performing it

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

ceci n'est pas un amuse-boche

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Paladinus posted:

Hah, that's funny.

quote:

Gwyneth Molesworth hatte für Lord Hesketh-Fortescue in Nether Addlethorpe einen Schlips besorgt, ihn aber bei Lord Molesworth-Houghton liegengelassen. Lady Hesketh-Fortescue verdächtigt ihren Gatten, das letzte Wochenende mit Priscilla Molesworth in Middle Fritham verbracht zu haben. Gleichzeitig findet Meredith Hesketh-Fortescue auf einer Kutschfahrt mit Jasper Fetherston von Middle Fritham nach North Cothelstone Hall in Thrumpton Castle den Schlips aus Nether Addlethorpe.

Nach einer dramatischen Auseinandersetzung zwischen Lady Hesketh-Fortescue und Priscilla Molesworth in North Cothelstone Hall eilt Gwyneth Molesworth nach dem zwei Meilen entfernten South Thoresby, um ihre Tanten Amelie Hollingworth und Lucinda Satterthwaite aufzusuchen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englische_Ansage

I dare you to read the entire thing out loud.

It's a classic, but hard to find now (could only find a video on loving Facebook of all places) https://www.facebook.com/br.capriccio/videos/evelyn-hamann-die-inhaltsangabe/1654880391220998/

It's really well acted. She gets visibly more agitated trying to keep pronunciation straight until she breaks down with a nervous smile.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Antigravitas posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englische_Ansage

I dare you to read the entire thing out loud.

It's a classic, but hard to find now (could only find a video on loving Facebook of all places) https://www.facebook.com/br.capriccio/videos/evelyn-hamann-die-inhaltsangabe/1654880391220998/

It's really well acted. She gets visibly more agitated trying to keep pronunciation straight until she breaks down with a nervous smile.

I don't know what's going on in Germany, but when I Google it, the first three results are different uploads on YouTube. And it's exactly as funny as I imagined, lol.

E:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8fOmcAs88

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 13:12 on Sep 29, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I don't know what's going on in Germany, but when I Google it, the first three results are different uploads on YouTube. And it's exactly as funny as I imagined, lol.

Do you think they're intentionally giving her a break on Meredith or are they all too German to realize she's loving it up?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Loriot was a genius of German comedy. Take that for what it is worth

One of my favorites is the Atomstrom skit

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Sep 29, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Paladinus posted:

E:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8fOmcAs88

"This video contains content from Studio Hamburg, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

Typical vultures, it seems.

e: Watch Deutsch für Ausländer next. It's styled as German grammar lessons a la Telekolleg. I think you can only find a censored version nowadays, sadly.

The plot:
The sketch is designed as a TV course for learning German. It consists of three dialogue examples, each preceded by an explanation of the lesson content. The first part shows a man and a woman lying naked in a bed. The man asks the woman her name. She introduces herself as Heidelore Schmoller, her husband's name is Viktor. The man in the bed says his name is Herbert.

The second part is mainly devoted to number words. Among other things, the age and weight of Viktor and Herbert are discussed, as well as the total weight of Herbert's three cousins. The wife also talks about her husband's departure time in the morning and the end of his working hours.

The third part is first about the use of the subjunctive. Heidelore says when her husband would arrive if he had a monthly ticket. Herbert states their total weight in case he had four cousins. The husband Viktor then enters the bedroom. Both he and Herbert introduce themselves. Each of the three then has one last sentence of the form "This is my ...", in which Heidelore introduces her husband, Herbert points to his trousers and Viktor to his briefcase. The skit ends with a further explanation of lesson content.

Antigravitas has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Sep 29, 2023

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Loriot is great and if being german is the price I have to pay to be able to see that then that is a-okay with me.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Based on how Germans here are reacting to those clips, I’m prepared to believe the TV show Dark is actually considered a hilarious comedy in Germany.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

GhostDog posted:

Loriot is great and if being german is the price I have to pay to be able to see that then that is a-okay with me.

Loriot clowned on Lolbertarians before it was cool.

"Im liberalen Sinne meint liberal nicht nur liberal"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yoshi Wins posted:

Based on how Germans here are reacting to those clips, I’m prepared to believe the TV show Dark is actually considered a hilarious comedy in Germany.

It's dark humour, actually.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I wonder what the non German goons would think of Helge Schneider

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Yoshi Wins posted:

They've got nothing on the Danes, those guys are hosed.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yeah, you talk to a Dane, ask for clarification when you get weird guttural gibberish as a response, and suddenly you are on the hook for a whole crate of milk.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

They've got nothing on the Danes, those guys are hosed.

They dont like lars von trier because theyre not big on comedies

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Antigravitas posted:

It's dark humour, actually.

Dunkelhumor

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Lobok posted:

Dunkelhumor

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

TotalLossBrain posted:

I wonder what the non German goons would think of Helge Schneider

Pearl; Swine, etc.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

Aaaaaahh... sweet release. Finally.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

She's just mashing it...