Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Niners game, Falcons game, a handful of games last year. Biggest difference to me is that the line breakdowns are a lot worse than they have been in the past.

And even when the line DOES hold up... 🤪🤪🤪
https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1707799328247439770

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Reflecting on last night and being at the 25%-ish mark....

Wins: Raiders, Broncos, Rams, Panthers, Bears, Giants
Pushes: Steelers, Vikings, Vikings, Buccaneers
Losses: Chiefs, Chargers, Lions

Assuming they win the wins and take 2 of 4 pushes I'd be happy with the season result I think! I wouldn't complain about 10-7 for Love's first year and this dumpster fire on D.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

And even when the line DOES hold up... 🤪🤪🤪
https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1707799328247439770

WRs that can't get open and a line that can't block, I thought you were talking about what a great situation for a young QB this offense was?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Double post?! In this economy?!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1707715802781106419?s=20

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MJeff posted:

WRs that can't get open and a line that can't block, I thought you were talking about what a great situation for a young QB this offense was?

The "getting open" thing can easily be schemed for, but I get it you just hate the Packers lol

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I also hate the packers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The "getting open" thing can easily be schemed for, but I get it you just hate the Packers lol

drat they should try that scheming thing, then maybe this dude will be able to complete more than half his passes*.

* He still won't.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lions played great football last night. Finally someone will compete more often with the packers

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MJeff posted:

drat they should try that scheming thing, then maybe this dude will be able to complete more than half his passes*.

* He still won't.

drat good dunk bro, I too don't know how percentages work so I'll just say you got me

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

drat good dunk bro, I too don't know how percentages work so I'll just say you got me

If you can't scheme open WR against the Lions Defense then what are you even doing.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Wait I'm confused are the Lions good on defense or bad on defense??? Please identify your fandom before providing insight thanks

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Wait I'm confused are the Lions good on defense or bad on defense??? Please identify your fandom before providing insight thanks

The Lions are Tier one in everything defensive, except when playing the Seahawks, where they become the Bears.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Get you a geno smith at QB and you too can destroy the Lions Defense.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Scipiotik posted:

Get you a geno smith at QB and you too can destroy the Lions Defense.

Sadly Jordan Love is no Geno Smith.

Well, he’s bad right now and will probably get cut from the team that drafted him so maybe he is a Geno Smith.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

You're forgetting one thing, and that's that I too hate the Packers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, he’s bad right now and will probably get cut from the team that drafted him so maybe he is a Geno Smith.

oh christ, Pete Caroll is gonna pick him up in five years and he's gonna loving start destroying us.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

re: the WRs, what was weird was last night they didn't run anything remotely resembling what we saw against the Saints. The one time they DID run it -- Romeo Doubs breaking to the reverse in the end zone, Love threw the ball early and it got picked off.

I'll probably start worrying if they continue to look this discombobulated in late October. They've got three full weeks to get things right.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Which Packer is going to break Love's jaw?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Which Packer is going to break Love's jaw?

Definitely Quay Walker.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1707765849006747723?s=46&t=uXnUTWY2S_c6G2DU7ILlhA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watching packers fans talk themselves into a mediocre quarterback by cherry-picking stats and posting good throws from garbage time is giving me life.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Now put Boltman in it.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

This is really fantastic stuff.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

R.D. Mangles posted:

watching packers fans talk themselves into a mediocre quarterback by cherry-picking stats and posting good throws from garbage time is giving me life.

Look I don't think he looks good right now but, the 17-0 deficit against a p decent defense and the whole Falcons game weren't really "garbage time" and he's looked perfectly serviceable at times.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

R.D. Mangles posted:

:same:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Parallelwoody posted:

This is really fantastic stuff.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

To be completely honest the packers seem fine. They’re not the worst. They’re not the best. They’re somewhere in the 1 standard deviation from the mean of NFL football. The same applies to Jordan Love. He’s not amazing, he’s not absolutely terrible. In the end he will probably just be mediocre.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Reflecting on last night and being at the 25%-ish mark....

Wins: Raiders, Broncos, Rams, Panthers, Bears, Giants
Pushes: Steelers, Vikings, Vikings, Buccaneers
Losses: Chiefs, Chargers, Lions

Assuming they win the wins and take 2 of 4 pushes I'd be happy with the season result I think! I wouldn't complain about 10-7 for Love's first year and this dumpster fire on D.

They might not win any of those pushes and lose to the Raiders, Rams, and maybe Panthers and/or Giants!

They blew a lead to the Falcons and might’ve been gifted that “epic comeback” by the Saints.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So pretty much still the same as we saw back in August -- makes the good throws but folds under pass-rush pressure.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dr. Lunchables posted:

To be completely honest the packers seem fine. They’re not the worst. They’re not the best. They’re somewhere in the 1 standard deviation from the mean of NFL football. The same applies to Jordan Love. He’s not amazing, he’s not absolutely terrible. In the end he will probably just be mediocre.

You're startin to sound like a Bears QB apologist from the last 70ish years.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Bears bros, I hope your Patricia Era is coming to an end soon and you get yourself a muscle coach and GM that can rebuild a team into something fun to watch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As much as I enjoy watching Packers fans struggle with the concept of mortality, I'm not going to immediately throw dirt on Love's grave after last night. He looked good when he had protection and bad when protection broke down, though if I were a Packers fan I'd be worried about the lack of a Rodgers-like ability to teleport out of a collapsing pocket at least once per game.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Gay-den Hutchinson :allears:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Who stole half of that poor lad's shirt?? :ohdear:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Parallelwoody posted:

Bears bros, I hope your Patricia Era is coming to an end soon and you get yourself a muscle coach and GM that can rebuild a team into something fun to watch.

lol it doesn't matter the bears will never be good, but thank you

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

It’s more fun to not call it out so they keep doing it and then get sadder :colbert:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm ready for the Packers to get the old Bears experience. Win between 6 and 10 games, and always wondering if you should be trying to get a new QB. Never bad enough to do a full rebuild, never good enough to actually make any waves in the playoffs. Have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Dr. Lunchables posted:

This is the actual reality, not the one where people seem to want to declare Love the worst thing ever. He's at worst a Majikowski is my current read.

He needs to learn how to deal with pressure better which it seems he's going to get plenty of opportunities. If he can't do that then we'll talk.