Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mr. Pool posted:

If you think about it heatleeches would be pretty easy to bait and exterminate. Just install a grate in the middle of every starport and put a furnace that reaches "ship engine" degrees celsius at the bottom of hole. now put some gears from a wood chipper in between furnace and grate. heat leeches all wiggle in, fall down, get mulched, and their corpses are incinerated. Ez Pz

the technicians grumble that they are being forced to work extra hard now that heatleeches need to be purged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer
I just finished the game and lmao at being able to speech check to avoid the final fight. I chose to fight both the Hunter and Emissary, because they were both really annoying. I was expecting the game to still shoehorn me into a fight, but nope, passed the speech check and they're both like "hmm you make a good point, heres the last artifact. see you next time, nerd." That really caught me by surprise, but it saved me a really tedious fight with two bullet sponges.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish you could romance Hadrian. I just got her in my crew and honestly I've spent a lot of time with her on the Vanguard questline and feel like she's a way more developed character than many others of the Constellation.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Yeah they’re a good character in a mostly characterless cast.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Welp, I’m using the cloud gaming and I’ve lost like 6 days worth of progress. It was fun while it lasted.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The implications of multiverse hopping starborn are so complicated they’re just never going to touch them are they? Like, what happens if I zoop to a universe where I’m already dead or was never born?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
By design the more you engage with the NG+ story hook the less you care about whatever happens to the world you hop into. The first NG+ world explicitly tells you that your equivalent in it died en route to constellation.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

GruntyThrst posted:

The implications of multiverse hopping starborn are so complicated they’re just never going to touch them are they? Like, what happens if I zoop to a universe where I’m already dead or was never born?

Isn't the first case exactly what happens in NG+ or even part of the ending with Vlad?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I had my first crash after 50~ hours which is pretty good, unfortunately it was at the very end of the stupid Varuun embassy and I’m dreading clearing out that shithole again. What a maze.

I finished up the Freestar Rangers quest line, which was fun. Two quibbles -

1. The final “boss” is in an abandoned mech factory filled with giant Mechs and commanded a Mech regiment. He spends 30 minutes monologuing at you over the intercom about how he hates that his troops died while you kill all his troops. He is not piloting a mech, he’s hiding in a small room with a small gun. You tell him he’s under arrest and he says “you’re gonna have to kill me!” Ok dude.

2. Then you confront Ron Hope and when you tell him he’s under arrest he says “You’re gonna have to kill me!”. Alright dude I’m still not bluffing, you have two lovely bodyguards and a level 1 rattler. Then when you talk to everybody they tell you “oh man looks like the whole company is absolutely hosed Ron was the best guy ever and the only person who could sell space Toyotas.” I like how you can respond “drat that sucks” and “I bet somebody else can sell space Toyotas doesn’t seem that hard honestly”.

Bethesda plots.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Same thing with that Marco guy in the spaceship who is like "you're surrounded by my guards, trying to kill me would be dumb!" No my dude it's just you, me and Sam in this room, you're actually outnumbered, your guards are all outside this room you loving idiot

E: real "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me" moment

Martian fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 29, 2023

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SplitSoul posted:

How do I fix my character's eyes doing this randomly?

Have you tried speaking English?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Have you tried speaking English?

:golfclap:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Martian posted:

Same thing with that Marco guy in the spaceship who is like "you're surrounded by my guards, trying to kill me would be dumb!" No my dude it's just you, me and Sam in this room, you're actually outnumbered, your guards are all outside this room you loving idiot

E: real "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me" moment

Yeah, that guy was especially egregious. Acting like he is in total control when I am armed to the loving teeth, he's alone with me in this room, and oh yeah I have magic space powers that let me do all kinds of bullshit.

Threats kinda fall flat when I'm able to reflect bullets while carrying an arsenal that can kill god better than the protagonist of your average JRPG. He died so fast he couldn't even finish his barking.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

SplitSoul posted:

How do I fix my character's eyes doing this randomly?

I love this when a follower is talking to me and somebody doing angry eye just glides past in the background.

I had a glitch on one of the Fallout games (might have been 3) where the dog had wandered off. I hadnt seen him in ages and suddenly I see him rocketing past in the distance doing the "dog has worms bum drag" thing, cracked me up :)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Today i learn you can still pick space berries or whatever the gently caress flora while in scanning mode, provided your close enough. It doesn't give the prompt to activate but gives you the item and loot message anyway.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

heard u like girls posted:

Today i learn you can still pick space berries or whatever the gently caress flora while in scanning mode, provided your close enough. It doesn't give the prompt to activate but gives you the item and loot message anyway.

This doesn’t work for things like chlorine or water btw

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tiny Timbs posted:

This doesn’t work for things like chlorine or water btw

Or weapon cases. It's stupid! I'm sure it'll be fixed but how was that missed?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

heard u like girls posted:

Yeah love to get out of the scanner everytime i notice a digipick or creditstick

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, finished the game. Don't know how much NG+ I'm gonna play, but probably will try it out.

Like often in these kinds of games, I had the option to solve the main quest by talking in the end, but this time I chose to fight because both Hunter and Emissary were such assholes.

At least I had a chance to meet the best character face-to-face in the ending dialogue.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

space uncle posted:

Bethesda plots.

[/spoiler]

That’s not at all the takeaway I got from this.

My impression was that everyone is so brain poisoned by space capitalism that they think losing a CEO = the whole company dying with him. In reality it’s more like when Steve Jobs died. They clearly indicate there’s a good second in command and it’s obvious the lead hand/floor manager who saw the shoot out go down was highly capable in her own right. So, by my estimate hope-tech is gonna keep going just fine without Ron.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Without Todd, starfield is not possible,

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I don't even think it'd be that hard to program NPC 'loyalty' to shift.
Watching space psycho mow down 50 of your friends and your boss would probably incline you to at least beg for mercy.
Would make things at least more interesting. Let me amass followers and take over random pirate outposts.
Let me have other ships in a fleet.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Starfield: Shadows of Mordor, please. Right down to the Starborn as nemesis system.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

ephori posted:

Yeah, Starfield: Shadows of Mordor, please. Right down to the Starborn as nemesis system.

It’s annoying when in Space combat they jump in like 10,000 space units away and I have to awkwardly close with them while they keep doing strobe lights. They don’t even show up on the HUD until range 5,000.

Also weird when their big dumb ships land near a POI. I’m just gonna go clear it and worry about you later. Shadow of Mordor system would be loving awesome instead.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Kraftwerk posted:

That’s not at all the takeaway I got from this.

My impression was that everyone is so brain poisoned by space capitalism that they think losing a CEO = the whole company dying with him. In reality it’s more like when Steve Jobs died. They clearly indicate there’s a good second in command and it’s obvious the lead hand/floor manager who saw the shoot out go down was highly capable in her own right. So, by my estimate hope-tech is gonna keep going just fine without Ron.

They literally just put the VP in position and business goes on as usual. Some of the customers even seem happier because the used car-salesman guy isn't scamming them.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I assume the last mission is the showdown for the last piece? I haven’t done the thieves guild quest yet so wanted to finish that before ending the game

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

TeaJay posted:

Well, finished the game. Don't know how much NG+ I'm gonna play, but probably will try it out.

Like often in these kinds of games, I had the option to solve the main quest by talking in the end, but this time I chose to fight because both Hunter and Emissary were such assholes.

At least I had a chance to meet the best character face-to-face in the ending dialogue.

:allears:

Also, might try outposts after all in NG++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLxxA_395XA

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thanks for the warning hope tech!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

When we get the mod kit this is going to be the game of the millennium

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

sticksy posted:

Yeah love to get out of the scanner everytime i notice a digipick or creditstick

You can pick those up with the scanner open though

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Alright, I may give NG+ a whirl afterall now that I have the best follower too.

I wonder how my parents deal with the whole situation?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

TeaJay posted:

Alright, I may give NG+ a whirl afterall now that I have the best follower too.

I wonder how my parents deal with the whole situation?

Going off the general idea of the parents given, they might just love you both equally and treat you both the same way while snorting a line of Aurora off themselves from a different universe idk

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

rap music posted:

When we get the mod kit this is going to be the game of the millennium

Yeah because it's similar enough to the older Creation engine that I imagine there is going to be a lot of overlap and "this is where those variables were before" sort of stuff going on. The nemesis system could be plugged into Starfield. It will be a big mod but if you're been watching the Skyrim modding space it's having a renaissance right now.

Just gotta wait many months probably :allears:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

KakerMix posted:

Yeah because it's similar enough to the older Creation engine that I imagine there is going to be a lot of overlap and "this is where those variables were before" sort of stuff going on. The nemesis system could be plugged into Starfield. It will be a big mod but if you're been watching the Skyrim modding space it's having a renaissance right now.

Just gotta wait many months probably :allears:

Watching the body modder discord Bethesda probably renamed and moved everything. The same stupid bodies they've always had, but now they store all the parts in different files in different formats and they're still trying to figure out how materials are applied now.

Something tells me when the ck comes out it's not going to be quite the 1:1 people hope for

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
managed to get that one trick to work

https://i.imgur.com/T9hhJxI.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/lQs0TO9.gifv

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
sarah SARAH

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I see Sarah also ran afoul of Dinsdale Piranha

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
trip report: trains are faster

https://i.imgur.com/CEI2HJ0.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I have like 80 hours in this game and have only run into the Varuun once on a planet at an abandoned shipyard thing in a lvl 75 zone.

Is there a way to find them more consistently? I have tried serpentis system and every 55+ system and still nothing.