Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Or maybe McDavid, wishing to win the Stanley Cup before he dies, will sign in... Chicago.

ThinkTank posted:

While in principle I agree that it's good for large market teams to have exciting young talent and be successful, Chicago are one of the few teams in pro sports that it is truly morally wrong to support.

This post is true and correct and ought not be sniped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

gently caress major markets and gently caress the fiscal health of the league, all the best players should play for my team.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The Wild have extended Kaprizov's security blanket Mats Zuccarello for 2 years with a $4.125m AAV

Now that Fiala's gone, I'm curious to see which youngster Evanson spends his next three years taking out his frustrations with Kirill and Mats on. Rossi seems like the safe bet because I can't imagine Addison lasting long enough.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Kite posted:

Its good that major markets have generational talents. McDavid should sign in LA or NY when he hits free agency.

McDavid will sign with the Rangers when he's like 34, 2 years removed from being good.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

In other developmental news Zach Benson didn't look anything close to NHL ready. In the few flashes he showed it was mostly passes into the defenseman on a iffy 2v1 or gets into board battle and loses. Over and over. He tried to make a few tricky plays coming off the boards and moving centrally which led to turnovers. Otherwise the Pens looked very disjointed and the Crosby line got completely demolished chance wise, but created tons of chances and breakaways that they failed to finish so I'm excited to see them play good fancy stats hockey and lose because they have zero finish.

I was going to come in here to say the same thing. He couldn’t handle the physical play of the actual NHLers that Pittsburgh iced last night.

Ryan Johnson, on the other hand, looked awesome. The defense generally looked good last night and it was pretty much all AHLers. It’s good to know that the Sabres have some good young defensemen in the pipeline. Comrie also looked good! Fingers crossed that he’ll be more consistent this year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mr. Fish posted:

Doing the Lord's work. Inshallah we hand them another L tonight

Games postponed. I'm relieved I don't have to deal with the LIRR in this poo poo right now.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Is the NHL actually going to reschedule a preseason game rather than just cancel it and refund tickets?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ThinkTank posted:

Is the NHL actually going to reschedule a preseason game rather than just cancel it and refund tickets?

I hope so because I'd like to go to UBS Arena tomorrow night and get very high in the outdoor bar area and watch Panarin score 3 goals.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

CBA demands 6 preseason games minimum and I believe Rangers only had 6 scheduled.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1707821748975013944?t=IKC4lD5cohJ823KjracxTQ&s=19

Tarasov must be dead enough to grab a stopgap who could go to Cleveland whenever he comes back.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spencer Martin is terrible thank you for claiming him

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Paracaidas posted:

The Wild have extended Kaprizov's security blanket Mats Zuccarello for 2 years with a $4.125m AAV

Now that Fiala's gone, I'm curious to see which youngster Evanson spends his next three years taking out his frustrations with Kirill and Mats on. Rossi seems like the safe bet because I can't imagine Addison lasting long enough.

gently caress. i like the Wild but I was hoping they'd have a down year so we could pick him up at the deadline. I miss him so much :(

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Matt Zerella posted:

Games postponed. I'm relieved I don't have to deal with the LIRR in this poo poo right now.

This is the train to

RONKONKOMA

The next station is

R'LYEH

[splashing noises]

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/JoeSmithNHL/status/1707865479912607971

Moose for the Wild as well. Logically Hartman would be next, but I wonder if he's willing to accept another team friendly deal and if Guerin feels he's too valuable as an extremely low cap hit trade chip if something goes wrong this year.

Feels a little high and a little long for both Zucc and Moose, but Rossi and Faber are the meaningful kids likely to be off their ELCs at that point (and the Suter/Parise hits'll be fully resolved)

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 29, 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Paracaidas posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeSmithNHL/status/1707865479912607971

Moose for the Wild as well. Logically Hartman would be next, but I wonder if he's willing to accept another team friendly deal and if Guerin feels he's too valuable as an extremely low cap hit trade chip if something goes wrong this year.

Feels a little high and a little long for both Zucc and Moose, but Rossi and Faber are the meaningful kids likely to be off their ELCs at that point (and the Suter/Parise hits'll be fully resolved)

there's potential for Foligno to fall off as a bigger guy with a lot of mileage getting on in his 30s, but I think both are perfectly fine. They're both really useful players still IMO and both have solid intangibles (Zucc's friendship with Kirill and leadership + Foligno's ability to potentially really gently caress guys up in the playoffs)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo 4 million for a guy who scored 7 goals last year is a crazy amount of money

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy poo poo 4 million for a guy who scored 7 goals last year is a crazy amount of money

Can’t put a price on intangibles.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
drat that's Islanders best 4th line in hockey player and money.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

drat that's Islanders best 4th line in hockey player and money.

horvat: $8.5m
barzal: $8.5m
sorokin: $8.5m
martin/cizikas/clutterbuck: $850m

someone who is good at hockey help me budget this. my team is dying

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
yeah, I may be biased against Marcus Foligno but man he's going to be 33 when that 4 year deal kicks in.. and his type don't typically age that well. it does seem like there was quite a fall-off in his play last year as his offensive contributions disappeared entirely, but he was still a solid player without the puck and on the PK

That being said part of the calculus is likely that the cap will be going up over the next few years and 4 mill won't be that much at the end of the day..

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Supposedly the downturn in performance last year was tied to an undisclosed and since surgically repaired abdominal issue but yeah, have to grimace at 4x4 starting at 33yo.

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1707879702143078427

Apparently nobody asked Guerin the pivotal question: Who the hell was beating down the door to give Foligno that deal? Competing against himself because he liked Moose's trolling againsy the Stars.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Mr. Fish posted:

horvat: $8.5m
barzal: $8.5m
sorokin: $8.5m
martin/cizikas/clutterbuck: $850m

someone who is good at hockey help me budget this. my team is dying

You forgot that Artemi Panarin #13 and #10 on your list.

The Foligno contract is probably a little large, but there's not really enough left under cap to pay anyone established, so this is what it is. It'll definitely be too much by the end of the contract. Zuccy's is good stuff though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The downturn is surely injury related and not the last two seasons he spent shooting at a very sustainable ~25%

Dude's a 25 point player, Guerin, you fool

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mikazibanejads/status/1707849881283436620?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

it’s so hard to find good help nowadays. I told this guy to do it last year and write HUGHES GO HOME to scare Luke, but of course he fucks it up

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

When does he sign with Montreal?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Powershift posted:

When does he sign with Montreal?

I thought they only signed sex pests like Logan Mailbox.

e: gently caress it leaving that autocorrect in.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Mr. Fish posted:

This is the train to

RONKONKOMA

The next station is

R'LYEH

[splashing noises]

Pi'nelawn mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wyan'danch fhtagn

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

wondered why Jarry got rid of his black pads and found this
https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1705309710528713107?s=20

Boo Dubas, let people have fun

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

...why?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Love me a good too much mans

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
I think I read somewhere that they felt opposing players found it easier to shoot at other colours rather than white ones.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yikes it's Guy Boucher

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zaroff posted:

I think I read somewhere that they felt opposing players found it easier to shoot at other colours rather than white ones.

They should double bluff and put targets right in the middle of the pads.

Or navy dazzle camo so you can't tell how far away the goalie is or which way he's facing.

Is out to the circles? is he in his crease? who knows!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Zaroff posted:

So Dubas doesn't want opposing skaters shooting at his goalies' pads? That explains a lot.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Yikes it's Guy Boucher

The real Yikes was seeing Joel Armia on a powerplay unit. :whitewater:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

eXXon posted:

So Dubas doesn't want opposing skaters shooting at his goalies' pads? That explains a lot.

lol, beat me to it

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

The real Yikes was seeing Joel Armia on a powerplay unit. :whitewater:

I'll be honest I had a hard time finding a functioning stream again so missed the first 12 minutes or so of the game. The first thing I saw was Guy Boucher's supervillain face.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

I'll be honest I had a hard time finding a functioning stream again so missed the first 12 minutes or so of the game. The first thing I saw was Guy Boucher's supervillain face.

The only noteworthy thing was that it took 9 minutes+ to get a break in play. You haven't missed much.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No real discernible offensive game for the Habs with Suzuki and Caufield sitting. Not a lot of confidence for a power play without them but lets hope

neoaxd posted:

The only noteworthy thing was that it took 9 minutes+ to get a break in play. You haven't missed much.

Leafs don't seem to have anybody either that I can see so not really expecting much of a rivalry game here.

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah looking at these rosters I would have hated to pay money for the Leafs/Habs game tonight