Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

:eyepop: Oh wow! I didn't think of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

:frog:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Accuse Gorou of something (shouldn't be hard), attack him yourself, then gently caress off. He's probably the one who angered the big dude anyway.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Gorou dies but Sara logs back in before Neet disconnects so she sees him bail and he sees her steal Gorous silver drop, and thus a mutually assured "destruction" pact is formed

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I get that it's looked down upon or even a rules violation to DC in order to avoid a death, but it's weird as hell that it would also be a big no-no to use in-game mechanics to escape, and all players are just expected to fight every monster they encounter

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

I get that it's looked down upon or even a rules violation to DC in order to avoid a death, but it's weird as hell that it would also be a big no-no to use in-game mechanics to escape, and all players are just expected to fight every monster they encounter

I think the main issue is that NEET doesn't want to look cowardly (basically losing face at this point), and i think that NEET is assuming that gorou doesn't want it as well.

my prediction is that gorou is going to gently caress off first

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Devils Affricate posted:

I think it's a social mores thing rather than, like, a game exploit. "Yes, you can technically LD to avoid dying; yes, it makes you a craven bitch."

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

One of my favorite foods at one of my favorite restaurants, Japanese curry:

I got the mini-tonkatsu and creamy crab croquette with cheese.
Apparently they added a level 20 spice since the last time I went. You need to eat a level 5 before they sell you anything higher than that, 10 for anything higher than that, and 15 before you can eat the rest of the levels. The 5 was surprisingly spicy for Japan, I'm glad they let me try a sample. This was one of the times being able to speak Japanese was super helpful.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I was feeling kinda miserable yesterday and ended up making curry rice for breakfast. The ultimate comfort-food.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Brother Make posted:

One of my favorite foods at one of my favorite restaurants, Japanese curry:

I got the mini-tonkatsu and creamy crab croquette with cheese.
Apparently they added a level 20 spice since the last time I went. You need to eat a level 5 before they sell you anything higher than that, 10 for anything higher than that, and 15 before you can eat the rest of the levels. The 5 was surprisingly spicy for Japan, I'm glad they let me try a sample. This was one of the times being able to speak Japanese was super helpful.

Adding spice levels and making requirements to unlock them is basically a guaranteed way to get me to come to a restaurant a bunch of times, goddamn that's genius

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Devils Affricate posted:

Most MMOs will not let you disconnect instantly in combat. They can’t stop you disconnecting, but they’ll leave your character in game for a while getting whomped on.

Also restaurants with levelling up is so incredibly Japanese :)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Jfc what a ridiculous argument, just play a rematch and don't gently caress around this time

Space Kablooey posted:

I think the main issue is that NEET doesn't want to look cowardly (basically losing face at this point), and i think that NEET is assuming that gorou doesn't want it as well.

my prediction is that gorou is going to gently caress off first

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I think it's a social mores thing rather than, like, a game exploit. "Yes, you can technically LD to avoid dying; yes, it makes you a craven bitch."

Eh, I can't say I've every encountered this sort of mentality in an MMO. If you're underleveled for a certain thing, you're more or less expected to avoid it or run away, since it's just a numbers game. I guess it's possible that ACBC Online is a more twitch-based game with actual dodging and fine tuned collision, so you could theoretically clutch out a victory against anything with good enough gameplay, rather than the standard MMO combat of standing in one place and smacking the target until it dies.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

hyphz posted:

Most MMOs will not let you disconnect instantly in combat. They can’t stop you disconnecting, but they’ll leave your character in game for a while getting whomped on.

Not sure what this reply has to do with my post, but the comic has already established that your character does in fact instantly (or at least very quickly) disappear when you DC

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brother Make posted:

What restaurant is this? A buddy of mine is going to Japan soon and LOVES spicy foods, and also curry.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hamburg steak:

This one has cheese inside:

It was served by this cat robot:

CodfishCartographer posted:

What restaurant is this? A buddy of mine is going to Japan soon and LOVES spicy foods, and also curry.

Curry House CoCo Ichibanya

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Leroy Dennui posted:

SOMEBODY GET THIS FRICKIN' DUCK AWAY FROM ME

Thank you for putting Strong Bad’s voice into my brain.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Brother Make posted:

Hamburg steak:

This one has cheese inside:

I am amazed

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Not sure if someone pointed it out already, but it’s interesting that we’re at a point in both timelines that involve pride and saving face in a video game.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Brother Make posted:

Kerfkus! I didn't know I'd see them out and about in Japan, I thought they were in other countries.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Was a surprised donkey involved?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Brother Make posted:

The chinese restaurant I go to every now and then has the exact same one, and every now and then you can watch german boomers that haven't seen it before go completely slack jawed when they get served by it. Love the little jpop jig it plays sometimes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:kimchi:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kaitenzushi:

It wasn't a continuous belt style; only the ones you ordered on a tablet showed up, but they did on one of these two belts:

They had a really wide selection though:

The Stack:

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

Brother Make posted:

It wasn't a continuous belt style; only the ones you ordered on a tablet showed up, but they did on one of these two belts:

They don't do that anymore in Japan because of the recent "sushi terrorism" cases, which is the sort of shocking yet mundane thing that might end up in this comic one day.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Brother Make posted:

They had a really wide selection though:

...cheeseburger nigiri?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Shikakatsu (deer cutlet) curry udon:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Me trying to finish my university career.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
All according to keikaku

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

It’s good to be king

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kaarage:

The default for karaage is chicken (meat), but the word "karaage" can be applied to other fried things.
I also had some chicken cartilage kaarage:

In Japan (and Asia in general), a danger (or reward) of asking for recommendations and then nodding your head while they explain and saying, ":hmmyes: That sounds good, the thing you said," is you end up with a lot of surprises.
Such as seasoned eel innards (not sure which ones) on a stick:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

According to my debugger friend, debugging is less a battle against yourself and more a battle against everyone who actually coded those bugs as both sides get increasingly angrier with each other for giving them more work to do.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 103

Tacos:

:911:

Mille Crepe:

Crêpes, Baumkuchen, and such are really popular (or at least common) in Japan.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Is it any different over there?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hiroshima okonomiyaki:

It even comes with a shovel, as all good foods should:

Devils Affricate posted:

Is it any different over there?

The portions seemed smaller, and also the selection was considerably smaller, though maybe that's because they were operating in a food court. There was no Baja Blast either.
But otherwise, it's been too long since I've been to a Taco Bell to tell if anything else was different.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Brother Make posted:

There was no Baja Blast either.

Hmmmm, sounds like it wasn't a Taco Bell...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

how could anamuna have no gamer pride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

End of Page 35