Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's what I call fleshing out a world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1707045072368525731

demostars
Apr 8, 2020
Did not have to worry about getting into the Gen V show tonight, it was more than half empty lol. Was cool, got a poster, excited for the third episode on Friday :)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

first 3 episodes of Gen V are up now :toot:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TIP posted:

first 3 episodes of Gen V are up now :toot:

Just finished the first episode and I really, really like this.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Okay, this cast is great but Emma is delightful.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Raged posted:

Just finished the first episode and I really, really like this.

:same: It is extremely The Boys.

:dong:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just finished all 3 eps and I am on board.

I am liking the pacing. It's moving at a good rate instead of being some mystery box type show.

e:

BlackIronHeart posted:

Okay, this cast is great but Emma is delightful.

Yea, the whole cast is great. I am surprised that I like all of their characters. The scene with Kate, Marie and Jordan at the end of ep3 was good. Kate knows what's up. :discourse:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 29, 2023

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The show is good, better than the trailer showed us. It's great it's character-driven even if there is the "forest" plot, at least they let the characters breathe.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
:j: "I'm kind of like PewDePie without all the Nazi stuff"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We've produced all the top 10 ranked superheroes each year for the last 10 years:

A-Train - #1
Maive - #1
The Deep - #6

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
So given the hosed up way Tiny Cricket does to get small, I shudder to think what is required for her to return to regular size.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is good. I was afraid from the marketing it was going to be focused on school rankings and like Mean Girls with superpowers. But they're sticking to something The Boys is good at: ur-capitalist leviathan Vought has an evil mystery box conspiracy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i wonder if they constructed another Practical Penis.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Jordan's powers varying depending on what "form" they're currently in is neat.

Liking this so far.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Yeah, it was a little hard to tell with the editing but it seems like masc-Jordan is super tough and femme-Jordan is super fast and they're super strong all the time?

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

It looked to me like Male Jordan was very resilient, barely budging against Golden Boy's attacks but not really having an effect punching, while Female Jordan could toss him across the room from a distance but also got punted across the room at one point.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Lol what are they gonna do with that fireproof suit now?

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Lamplighter could... oh.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

lol @ (ep3) Deep's calamari poppers from Vought a burger.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it's good!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

drat, they did not miss a beat and made sure everyone was 100% on the same page realizing "yup, this is the Vought universe allright".

No notes, great fun and disgusting.
Well, one note. Let us bingewatch the whole season.

Not quite sure about the timeline.
Was that supposed to be Love Sausage in one of the cells in the flashback?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

mcbexx posted:

Was that supposed to be Love Sausage in one of the cells in the flashback?

1000% yes.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Good show and it’s fun to have characters who does trust each other without being filled with hateful betrayal.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I can't remember the last show I saw that was focused on teenagers that didn't make the characters incredibly annoying, dumb as bricks, and one dimensional. I was really skeptical of this because of it, but they've done an excellent job here with the characters. This is as good as The Boys so far.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The best description of Gen V i have seen so far is "A less weird Misfit with a lot more money set in the Boys universe".

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Show is good so far. The scene in the third episode with Jordan's dad not really accepting them, made me sad. 🫤

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Enjoyed the episodes so far and it very much pulls off the same vibe as The Boys. Hopefully it's doesn't get overly focused on solving the woods conspiracy.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

We've produced all the top 10 ranked superheroes each year for the last 10 years:

A-Train - #1
Maive - #1
The Deep - #6
The Deep‘s tribute to Brink was pure genius as well:

quote:

Brink didn’t just hone my skills. He sharpened my mind. He turned me into the curious, *slightly too long pause* , intelligent man I am today. Rest in peace, broseph.

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 30, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I have one gripe with Marie's powers.

If she flings half a gallon of her blood around (like in that scene where she practices shooting at least 6 targets in the foster home gym), wouldn't she almost pass out or at least be a bit wobbly?

Maybe that will come into play later as her achilles heel, but it feels like super sloppy writing (even for a show with superpowers triggered by a sci-fi serum).

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

mcbexx posted:

If she flings half a gallon of her blood around (like in that scene where she practices shooting at least 6 targets in the foster home gym), wouldn't she almost pass out or at least be a bit wobbly?

:confused:

She did get tired and sit down after doing that

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

mcbexx posted:

Maybe that will come into play later as her achilles heel, but it feels like super sloppy writing (even for a show with superpowers triggered by a sci-fi serum).

We see with her saving that one lady that she can slurp the blood back up into the original owner. So I assume she can do this herself. They could show it but the scenes where there's blood splatters everywhere has good shock value so they might just not bother to show her recollecting the blood.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Marie's RA is an invisible kid named Maverick. That's Translucent's son right?

Interesting if there's a genetic component to the powers V gives a person.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

a seagull posted:

Marie's RA is an invisible kid named Maverick. That's Translucent's son right?

Interesting if there's a genetic component to the powers V gives a person.

There definitely is, Andre's dad seems to have the same powers from what they imply, same with Homelanders son.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Panfilo posted:

We see with her saving that one lady that she can slurp the blood back up into the original owner. So I assume she can do this herself. They could show it but the scenes where there's blood splatters everywhere has good shock value so they might just not bother to show her recollecting the blood.

That seems ... unsanitary. But hey, superhero show, so whatever.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Watched the first 3 Gen V episodes, solid show.

Someone makes a crack at how the protagonist's powers are unsanity and a lawsuit waiting to happen. It does seem extremely unmarketable.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Ccs posted:

Watched the first 3 Gen V episodes, solid show.

Someone makes a crack at how the protagonist's powers are unsanity and a lawsuit waiting to happen. It does seem extremely unmarketable.

They can market her as a healer, I guess.

That or go all the way and have her start exploding people, Neumann style, instead of using blood whips.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

The best description of Gen V i have seen so far is "A less weird Misfit with a lot more money set in the Boys universe".

The weirdness was part of why Misfits was so good! That, and the many dead probation workers.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bit too many references to the main show to my taste, I hope they lay off it when they hit their stride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wtf was the end to episode two (in a bad way).

Enjoying this show, but yeesh.