Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

andyf posted:

In case you haven’t already, disable the rendering of the sphere / swarm. You won’t see it when flying around or on a planet but you’ll hopefully get an FPS improvement

what the gently caress is even the point of playing if you can't see your sphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

it's not called invisible sphere program, jesus

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 30, 2023

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I would never play again if I couldn't look into the sky and seen my sphere under construction. It's one of the joys of this game. Time to upgrade your computer.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it's true though, the dyson sphere is a resource hog and everything else in the game runs buttery smooth :shrug:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Anybody got a well-optimized black box-style blueprint for mark 3 proliferator? Most of the ones I see on the website are kinda lovely.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Wafflecopper posted:

it's not called invisible sphere program, jesus

Whoa hey, just offering a tip if you're chugging around while trying to build stuff. By all means leave it on otherwise.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

Anybody got a well-optimized black box-style blueprint for mark 3 proliferator? Most of the ones I see on the website are kinda lovely.

I might? I’ll check when I get back home. I tended to build them near the poles, if it makes any difference.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

andyf posted:

Whoa hey, just offering a tip if you're chugging around while trying to build stuff. By all means leave it on otherwise.

sorry friend. please don't take the swears in my posts seriously, i was just kidding around

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

Didn’t forget about you, just saw a few things that needed tuned a little on my blueprints. Should be good to go soon, and we’ll see if it’s something you’d like :)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

That's cool. Honestly, I'm using such a hodge-podge of blueprints that I need to sit down and organize myself

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

That's cool. Honestly, I'm using such a hodge-podge of blueprints that I need to sit down and organize myself

30 mk2 assemblers per level of juice, production rates (without using the juice) should be around:

mk1 juice: 60/sec
mk2 juice: 30/sec
mk3 juice: 15/sec.

It's not a lot, but it's a decent start as long as you can keep it fed with coal and diamonds (and would bump up a fair bit when the juice is on everything).

Blueprint also has 6 fusion generators to keep the drat thing running, and everything in the towers is currently set to storage-only so it can all be built first without drawing resources. It's not quite black-box, but I think it could be modified to be that easily with graphite smelting on one side and diamonds on the other. Hopefully you're just outright mining spiniform crystal for carbon fiber by the time you need this much, but idk how you actually play this game :v:

e: pic with construction requirements.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 1, 2023

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I see the juice is stored in the balls, well done.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

zedprime posted:

I see the juice is stored in the balls, well done.

loving :laffo: I somehow didn’t even notice. I just tweaked it to be more rectangular, too :cry:

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
beautiful cock, sir.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

you can put logistics towers that close together now?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

ComradePyro posted:

beautiful cock, sir.

First time that has ever been directed to OP i'm sure. :D

I want to play the game again, though I might wait for combat to come out in a few months. Or i might just run a playthrough soonish and wait on combat until its gone through some patches/tweaks after release.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Icon Of Sin posted:

I just tweaked it to be more rectangular, too :cry:

I believe that is referred to as "jelquing"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

you can put logistics towers that close together now?

yeah those do look close as hell

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They’re as close as the game allows. I think it’s 6-8 spaces once they’re not overlapping anymore?

Ultrapotassium
Feb 13, 2022

Ohhhh that's why you can disable rendering in world. Yeah didn't think about that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've been trying to build a mid/late-game mall and its overwhelming to do it with belts.
there are so many combinations of blue engines and graphene and particle broadband and here have 1 recipe with silicon crystal have fun. building 1 assembler per interstellar logistics port feels hella wasteful but I'm almost tempted to go that route for all 40 buildings just because there's so much of it

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Why not use the … drone thingys that you attach to storage boxes?

Mall to me means assembling things in small quantities where you don’t really care much about how long it takes, so efficiency is kind of irrelevant.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In the late game everything gets uploaded to my cloud logistics network and I just plop a tower down and call whatever I need from it.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Sure it seems silly to have one space elevator per mall assembler, but

1) you’re caging a star, the size difference between an IP tower and an assembler isn’t really significant on that scale

2) you can use local towers to deliver materials and have an exporting IP tower per five assemblers, an even smaller disproportion on the stellar scale

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Really late to the game, waited a few years for the QoL stuff to be all sorted out and I’m finally
Hooked now in late 2023. Question for the squad: is there a knowledge base with all the top shortcuts that I should really familiarize myself with that will make life good? There are a bunch of repetitive key presses I always do with things like finding a sorter in the build menu that feel wasteful, I’m sure people have workaround.

Sorry if its been asked 100 times before :(

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
https://twitter.com/DysonProgram/status/1727137822665064694

Been waiting a while for the update, now there's a solid release date for December 15.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

gently caress YEAH

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well, I did need something to do over the winter break

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
So loving hype.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Clark Nova posted:

it's true though, the dyson sphere is a resource hog and everything else in the game runs buttery smooth :shrug:

i figured out that making a "normal" sphere with big hexes or whatever works fine, but if you go for MAXIMUM WIREFRAME the framerate tanks to 20 just going to an otherwise completely untouched system where a sphere is just planned lol

if you make 10 layers of least "dense" spheres it still works relatively okay though

anyway, i, too, am looking forward to this

Truga fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 22, 2023

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I'm back on the sauce! Started a new game last night. Everything is definitely going to be tightly organized and hyper efficient this time. No it's not :buddy:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The next update is way too close for me to be starting any new playthroughs.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

SettingSun posted:

The next update is way too close for me to be starting any new playthroughs.

Have they said it wont work on existing games or anything like that?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

They haven’t said but I’m planning to do a fresh embark so that I can experience the intended initial default settings for the enemies, on a regular progression curve, instead of coming in on my current embark where I’m working on three sphere shells in different systems and have one forge world without any space left and a second which is past 2/3ds built out.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Starting with fire ice on your home world gas giant makes the game so much easier

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

IIRC you can get veins of it on one of the other planets in your starting system if you are lucky enough

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah if you have a frozen something or other planet.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I might have posted this before but my new play through reminded me how you can use solar panels to follow the center of the sun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU18pr2JCb4

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Update next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ah gently caress, I somehow remembered it'd drop tomorrow...uuugh, can't handle the wait