Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Please post your favorite snowy and lighter-hued Chaos armies.

You may be able to guess why Googling "white slaves to darkness" is not giving me the desired results, regardless of the booleans I stick on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/10/sunday-preview-the-twin-tailed-crusade-runs-into-an-ironjawz-problem

Next weekend is Big Pig Weekend(!!), with the new Ironjawz going up for pre-order, as well is Trugg and the second Dawnbringers book.
The Rabble-rowza also gets a stand alone release.

Interestingly enough the Ironjawz gets two battletomes. Sort of, as their rules are in Dawnbringers 2, but they also get a free battletome supplement to download as PDF if you're not going to buy the book.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Big pig! Big pig! Big... oh, nice dice.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Does that pig have...sponsons?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Oh hey they finally added a proper slayer unit. Weird that theyre green tho.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/11/seek-tame-slay-the-vulkyn-flameseekers-are-a-triple-threat-warband/

Fyreslayers are getting some new models at last with a new Warcry warband.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Baby magmadroth :3:

also lol at incubator shoulders

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/10/sunday-preview-the-twin-tailed-crusade-runs-into-an-ironjawz-problem

Next weekend is Big Pig Weekend(!!), with the new Ironjawz going up for pre-order, as well is Trugg and the second Dawnbringers book.
The Rabble-rowza also gets a stand alone release.

Interestingly enough the Ironjawz gets two battletomes. Sort of, as their rules are in Dawnbringers 2, but they also get a free battletome supplement to download as PDF if you're not going to buy the book.

I thought Trugg would be a bit bigger. How small were the lizardmen that made the temple on his back?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/lQR8doCdKS14oWPO.pdf

Speaking of Trugg, here's his rules.

https://www.warhammer-community.com...-his-rules-now/

And a preview of what the Troggherd does.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Trugg's rules are kinda less interesting than I'd hoped, but I guess he is just a Trogg but... bigger. The army of renown seems kinda crazy letting every unit share his Glyph effect, so that most likely explains why Rockguts had their points increase last balance update. Having an entire army immune to missile weapons that rolled less than 6, or regaining command points after each command sounds sick (but would everyone take D3 Damage if he only rolled a 1?). I kinda wish they had one or two more Trogg units for variety, but I guess this'd be an excuse to run Mollog in an army finally.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 11, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...rules-download/

Have some Ironjawz rules, but it's both a preview and a free pdf at the same time.
What kind of devious things will GW come up with next?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's Schrodinger' Article. It's both until you try to play your first game, then you find out whether you have to pay $45.99 to keep playing the game or not.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Neither ragerz or wreckaz appear to be worth it - they will be blown to pices before they reach anything and even in close combat they do not seem to that impressive

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Big Pig

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ardboys and the pigs seem pretty fun.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Big pigs look fun, but the rules incentivize taking several, so I guess you have to buy a few to really make them work...

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Talas posted:

Big pigs look fun, but the rules incentivize taking several, so I guess you have to buy a few to really make them work...

Do they tho? It seemsl ike it will work with anything that can keep up with it so cabbage or gore gruntas should work fine

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

So in order to charge up your Bigpig you need to have it do donuts in your deployment zone for a round or two before smashing it into something. That rules.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Geisladisk posted:

So in order to charge up your Bigpig you need to have it do donuts in your deployment zone for a round or two before smashing it into something. That rules.

They got the zoomies.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/14/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-change-comes-to-andtor/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/AefiGVn8NoPchpF2.pdf

It's Meatwatch Metawatch time. Comes with a complimentary battlescroll as well.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

SBG got it bad but they can cry me a river. On the other hand sce units are racing to the bottom and even got doable battle tactic

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Weird buff to Bloodthirsty Shivers but I'll take it? I haven't played in an age and the current season doesn't super interest me.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I guess GW wants me to play Annihilators... okay!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
oooh those S2D points drops :getin:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Good stuff overall, though SCE could probably use more points drops if we're being honest.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
I appreciated that Skaven finally get a decent battle tactic, even if it does involve running away. The other drops are encouraging, especially with Hellpit Abominations and the Deathmaster.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Wonder how long it will take before the points get updated in the app.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Funzo posted:

Wonder how long it will take before the points get updated in the app.

By the 20th is my guess.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm thinking of getting an AoS army but I want something where a lower model count is viable as I don't want to paint a ton of models. Seraphim look fun to paint. Is a low model count viable for them? What other armies would work well? (open to most factions except human ones). I know Gloomspite Gitz supposedly work well but not a huge fan of the way the big units look

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

a7m2 posted:

I'm thinking of getting an AoS army but I want something where a lower model count is viable as I don't want to paint a ton of models. Seraphim look fun to paint. Is a low model count viable for them? What other armies would work well? (open to most factions except human ones). I know Gloomspite Gitz supposedly work well but not a huge fan of the way the big units look

For low model count, the obvious answer are Sons of Behemat but I dont think they can really be recommended in good faith, they are a very different and can be a very unfun experience. I think the current consensus is Seraphon, you can get away with 30ish models with Kharadron Overlords, maybe Idoneth Deepkin ( but thats basically one build with a bunch of the big sharks so very limited ). Gitz actually tend to run a good amount of squigs, in herds and bounders so you are probably looking at 50-60 models at the least? You can build a pretty compact list of Maggotkin or even Lumineth. Mawtribes of course run a pretty low model count but have not been doing well.
This is all assuming you care about the power of the armies in the current meta, if you dont you can just run whatever, build your army around big centerpiece models etc.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

You can build an all Troggoths list in Gitz as well, ending up with a dozen models or so. There’s a also a March of the Ents list in Sylvaneth, with a bunch of Treelords.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'd probably go for Idoneth Deepkin or Ossiarchs in that case, they do have basic troops but you can just fill up the armies with sharks and big guys mostly really.

Meanwhile I have about 80 gobbos/squigs to assemble. Good point by Funzo too, it's a good time to start a Thrugg army. Buy his box, a few other troll units/characters, ally in a couple of troggoth units from the Orruk book (and maybe a giant if that doesn't screw the army special rules up) and you're set

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 30, 2023

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
A Beastclaw raiders ogre list used to be doable at like a dozen minis or less. Scope to vary it too, depending on what mix of big monsters, chunky cavalry, skirmishers and regular ogre infantry you want to go with.

Dunno how well that holds up in 3rd ed though.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Most factions can do a monster heavy list that will have few models if that's what you are after, but depending on why you want a small army monsters might not solve the problem.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Yeah, most factions can do low-model count lists. Adding to the others, Stormcasts can do "oops, all dragons" and Kharadrons can go mostly ships with a sprinkle of heroes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ogors excel at low model count. Seraphon are harder because skinks are good, but can be done with a monster and Saurus focus. Kharadron boats are pretty good for it. Troggs are decent but it’s hard to pass up what grots bring to the table.

As noted, most armies CAN do a monster mash list that’s low count, but often they’re not great competitively.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I go seraphon, because rule of cool is very important to my choice and they're cool, what are some must have units for a 1000pt list, while trying to keep model count low?

E: I want to add I much appreciate all the responses

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

a7m2 posted:

If I go seraphon, because rule of cool is very important to my choice and they're cool, what are some must have units for a 1000pt list, while trying to keep model count low?

E: I want to add I much appreciate all the responses

Grab 2 vanguard boxes and a slann - 20 saurus+6 kroxigors + slann will be something like 970 points and 27 minis

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/01/sunday-preview-a-rabble-of-warbands-are-heading-to-a-mortal-realm-near-you/

Next week's pre-orders is all about AoS Skirmish games. Interestingly enough the two-week pre-order period might be moving into becoming standard, since it shows up here as well.

But there's the starter set and new box, Deathgorge for Underworld. For Warcry there's box with the Ogor Gorges and Wildercorps Hunters, the Kruleboyz Monsta-killaz and Vulkyn Flameseekers warbands and terrain. Then past warbands getting stand alone releases; Gorechosen of Dromm, Hexbane’s Hunters, The Shadeborn, Blackpowder’s Buccaneers, Da Kunnin’ Krew, Skittershank’s Clawpack, The Exiled Dead, and Xandire’s Truthseekers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I kinda wanna get the rats but I never play underworld