Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s maddening as gently caress. They can’t conceive of a way out of this crisis that doesn’t involve busting skulls and using the threat of arrest to make people disappear

every few months they keep on "cleaning" camps in seattle, and then they spring up again

like the thought of even asking where are these people supposed to go doesn't even happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

succ zone : A string of posts featuring hostility, posting about posters, forcing others to source your claims for you, and, before edits, dismissing counterarguments rather than fully engaging them.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/Report-Top-Walgreens-exec-says-threat-of-17697063.php

lol who would have guessed

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

san francisicans should enjoy the horrific rep their city has, it keeps pieces of poo poo away

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's pretty basic city common courtesy to occasionally sweep poo poo away from your storm drain. Clutching pearls about asking people to chip in is lib poo poo

in the middle of intense flooding? some dumb moron, such as myself, should wade out and unclog the storm drain

e :

Semisomnum posted:

he’s asking people to wade into flood waters and do this during a break in the rain

yes tremendously beat

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

papersack posted:

What's the matter smoothskin, never seen a ghoul before?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

Average Ukraine flag poster.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

North Korea ftw

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

i would take it a step further and argue its just NATO proxys bashing their toys together so the Defense Contractors have something to look at while counting their money

ukraine was the last former soviet state that didn't completely privatize every state industry

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

insane clown pussy posted:

ukraine was the last former soviet state that didn't completely privatize every state industry

This is Belarusian erasure

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

in the middle of intense flooding? some dumb moron, such as myself, should wade out and unclog the storm drain

e :

yes tremendously beat

It's at worse knee high still water. NYC flooding isn't dangerous as much as it fucks up infrastructure. You're not going to get swept away if you go poke a storm drain with a stick for a few minutes to clear it out. I guess it is funny if New Yorkers are pretending like they were in real danger so that they can be oppressed victims of climate change and not comfortable in the core of the empire

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's at worse knee high still water. NYC flooding isn't dangerous as much as it fucks up infrastructure. You're not going to get swept away if you go poke a storm drain with a stick for a few minutes to clear it out. I guess it is funny if New Yorkers are pretending like they were in real danger so that they can be oppressed victims of climate change and not comfortable in the core of the empire

I have on good evidence that poking at storm drains is how you get your arm ripped off by a killer clown

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

I try not to laugh at or look down on people doing things that we here would consider to be extremely stupid with regards to floodwaters because I know lots of Americans don't have any practical experience with it.

Good luck to all of you over the next decade. You'll learn about leptospirosis.

I overheard an old guy at the bodega talking about how he can't understand how anyone died in the flooding, if it starts to flood just leave duh. yeah dude cause flash floods are known for giving tons of warning and being real slow, all those people who drowned in their beds in their illegal basement apartment within seconds are just dumb, go off king

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

g9nna have to start killing em. I don't like it, but what else can ya do :shrug:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

its pretty funny how san francisco is the capital of the united federation of planets

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

every few months they keep on "cleaning" camps in seattle, and then they spring up again

like the thought of even asking where are these people supposed to go doesn't even happen

It's our national policy choice to maintain homelessness at certain levels in order to depress wages. If we wanted somethin different we'd have it. The way it manifests in liberal cities is a result of high housing costs, liberal governments, and progressive activists

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I had almost forgotten about it until a glance at Current Affairs reminded me: remember when the sober, intelligent "adults in the room" who rule over us freaked out over a stray balloon because it was from eeeevil China? I would count that as one of the absolute dumbest moments in politics in my lifetime - no small feat when you were born the year Orwell made famous.

I remember, because I saw it come up in a china thread within the past week and people were still scaremongering over it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

It's our national policy choice to maintain homelessness at certain levels in order to depress wages. If we wanted somethin different we'd have it. The way it manifests in liberal cities is a result of high housing costs, liberal governments, and progressive activists

Yes, and the sound they make rattling their cage serves as a warning to the rest.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
in 2024 we get to choose between Biden whose policy is "nothing will fundamentally change" and Trump who ordered White House officials to “crack down” on homeless encampments and would have sent in the army to do it if he didn't have the attention span of a goldfish

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Oneiros posted:

stop making the psl sound cool

the PSL rocks

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

North Korea ftw

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

when are they gonna start putting homeless people in labor camps thats a whole lotta wasted productivity if you ask me

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vim Fuego posted:

in 2024 we get to choose between Biden whose policy is "nothing will fundamentally change" and Trump who ordered White House officials to “crack down” on homeless encampments and would have sent in the army to do it if he didn't have the attention span of a goldfish

Our system rocks.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Maed posted:

I overheard an old guy at the bodega talking about how he can't understand how anyone died in the flooding, if it starts to flood just leave duh. yeah dude cause flash floods are known for giving tons of warning and being real slow, all those people who drowned in their beds in their illegal basement apartment within seconds are just dumb, go off king

did you grab a cafecito?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Pumpkin Spice Libs

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is Belarusian erasure

yeah Belarus still has between 60% and 80% (memory failing) of its core national industries state owned

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

fits my needs posted:

did you grab a cafecito?

naw as a True Goon I mostly buy doritos, candy, and sugary drinks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

fits my needs posted:

did you grab a cafecito?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OmKp4xtQEb4

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
https://twitter.com/RealScottRitter/status/1707760992300490794

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1014940775757635591

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm just a normal human being in the human being city called NEW YORK CITY

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

healthcare pls

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
chopping anything up on a counter is usually a good time

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

In Training posted:

I live in a basement apt and worried for the day it all goes the worst way possible. Hell until then I'll just live in ignorant bliss.

have you ever been scuba diving? its pretty fun.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Willa Rogers posted:

you didn't need to send me a blank pm, mcm; you could've just posted this itt

and ofc the ageist slur, bc that's how libs roll.

reactionaries in spirit, held back only by rule-following

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
dude appreciator

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
there were unironic aoc supporters for a while? right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fits my needs posted:

there were unironic aoc supporters for a while? right?

I mean, there still are