Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ccubed posted:

Was this Friday's Fight Circus date announced earlier? Because it seems to have come out of nowhere to me.

Good card name, shame to see slap fighting make it in. They tried a hockey fight thing once in North America, turned out watching hockey fights sucked without the actual hockey to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Apparently you can’t throw in a hockey fight!

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Good card name, shame to see slap fighting make it in. They tried a hockey fight thing once in North America, turned out watching hockey fights sucked without the actual hockey to go with it.

The last time they did a slap fight I'm not sure it actually happened because it wasn't in the vod on fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Who knows what their slap fight format is, what if it's "basically boxing without gloves, but you're only allowed to slap"? put nate diaz in there

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

adjacent MMA news. but Jon Jones's brother is unfortunately going crazy right now in Las Vegas as well:

https://twitter.com/chanjones55/status/1707413353382166668?s=20

https://twitter.com/MitchellRenz365/status/1707385931492163742?s=20

i can't remember what it's from, maybe Hellier, but there's a theory among some people here in Appalachia that there's some crazy amount of limestone or some other kind of rock that's emitting some kind of waves or low-level environmental fumes that's making us all crazy, and that's the thing that explains it.

anyway there's gotta be the same type of thing in Las Vegas that particularly affects the Jones family. Hope Bones's brother gets help. Someone should have not allowed him to sign with the Raiders.

CTE and addiction behavior. Its nothing new or complex.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I’ve never heard that CTE causes/disinhibits illogical thinking like that.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Symptoms of of CTE can include confusion and memory loss which can lead to bad decisions and impaired decision making i.e. risk taking behaviour and poor impulse control. Its not that far of a stretch imo.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Tainted limestone strikes again

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE FC Friday morning fights!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5n540ZScAI

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

fun grappling good work Jihin but i cannot get used to the ref repositioning people on the ground.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
my god, its beautiful

https://twitter.com/MyMMANews/status/1707401366811951603?t=1sq78Xs_5DbUWhGA2evt_Q&s=19

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1707784827833852365?s=20

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

lol at the hammerfist to the tummy

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 29, 2023

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

reason: posting uncensored "sloppy greek style" in thread. user loses posting privileges for 24 hours.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Late to the discussion, but I started watching mma during the first season of TUF and watched the finale live when I was about 14-15 years old. Was a big GSP fan during his reign, but I didn't become obsessed with the sport until 2019. And now I'm almost a bigger muay thai and kickboxing fan due to ONE and horrible decisions in UFC.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why is videogamedunkey fighting

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

what even am i doing with this stuff :siren:

B-League Round-Up

ONE Fight Night 14 - Friday 8PM, Amazon Prime

Singapore Indoor Stadium is once against hosting the world famous ONE Circle with ten action packed bouts. Five MMA contests, three Muay Thai bouts, a grappling match, and the always intriguing CUSTOM RULES affair.

We’ve got Asa Ten Pow in action, we’ve got JOHN FUCKIN LINEKER, we’ve got the Women’s Flyweight juggernaut, Jingnan Xiong taking on Wondergirl in a strange striking contest that isn’t technically kickboxing or Muay Thai. Child phenom Smilla Sundell is defending her Muay Thai title against Allycia Hellen Rodrigues, and in the main event, the evil demon lord Chatri Sityodtong is trying to personally destroy me as he pits Stamp Fairtex against “Hamderlei Silva” Seo Hee Ham for the interim Strawweight title. Stamp and Ham shouldn’t have to fight each other, they should team up to fight injustice throughout the world in a charming Saturday morning cartoon.

Reminder that this is tonight. First fight already finished and ended in TKO!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

holy poo poo what a knockout

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That character really soured my enjoyment of Street Fighter 4.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Lineker time!!

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/ONEChampionship/status/1707922857005924785

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

are the "special rules" for this Xiong v Wondergirl fight "no blocking or backwards movement allowed"

coathat
May 21, 2007

that was a classic of a sloppy stupid fight

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

coathat posted:

that was a classic of a sloppy stupid fight

the last ten seconds of Holloway / Lamas but for three rounds and as a formal ruleset

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

First ONE event I've watched in a few months. Rooting for Stamp as always.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rooting against Seo Hee Ham should be against the forum rules.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

These loving kicks by Stamp.

edit: Welp. Spoke too soon; she got laid out

Stamp still lethal on her back, though

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 30, 2023

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know ONE and favoritism are inseparable but they seriously cannot stop talking about how Stamp is looking amazing and winning every second of this fight and they managed to somehow just skip replaying Ham laying her the gently caress out.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
god drat that body shot

loving love Stamp!

https://x.com/ChillemDafoe/status/1707989284198776879?s=20

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 30, 2023

coathat
May 21, 2007

STAMP

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i have the ham sads

yet i am stamp glad

i am torn asunder

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stomp

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Accidentally fell? You got punched in the face, Stamp. Come on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat lotta people here for stamp

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Stamp tramps rise up

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hell of a job by Stamp even if I was rooting for Ham.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Unperson_47 posted:

Accidentally fell? You got punched in the face, Stamp. Come on

Probably meant that the knockdown was due to loss of balance, not due to damage. Which would be correct, Ham punched her as she was on one leg, throwing a kick. Good punch, but Stamp wasn't in trouble.

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 30, 2023

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

gettin more ham-sads

https://twitter.com/ONEChampionship/status/1708133089648705977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Wow.. rare to see a lead uppercut have power like that, split the guard perfectly