Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
I'm here at work turning up my volume cuz i can't hear it and now everyone is staring at me.

Terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

this thread got good all of a sudden, please keep it up folks

I just got a new tattoo, gently caress it's cool

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Not really a meme but like I don’t know where else to share this?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

teen witch posted:

Jet and how dare you even ask

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

thumb over the end of the hose to alternate between spray and laser beam

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

Jet and how dare you even ask

mystes
May 31, 2006

teen witch posted:

the setting where I'm crimping the hose and will release it when you point it at your face

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teen witch posted:

I try to distract myself but every meme reminds me of her

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I used to have that exact hose nozzle and the Soaker setting made me lol irl

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Jet.

The plants have been reduced to a pleasant smelling mist.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Hey, it's me! But six years old not nine.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

teen witch posted:

whoever made this obscured "cone" but real heads still know its number 1

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

wuffles posted:

Memes about mental illness offer the reassurance of a shared experience in a world that, despite what a lot of people without mental illnesses say, don’t want you sharing your experience with them because it makes them uncomfortable.

The distance and anonymity of the internet allows for a feeling of safety when participating in that shared experience.

I don't like being reminded about my own suffering and intrusive thoughts, though. It doesn't make me uncomfortable that other people struggle with mental illness, and it doesn't reassure me that others have the same problems I do, it just makes me think about my own problems and that's not a fun time.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i dont like the ones about contemplating suicide tbh but i can see how they might be cathartic

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Hyperlynx posted:

I don't like being reminded about my own suffering and intrusive thoughts, though. It doesn't make me uncomfortable that other people struggle with mental illness, and it doesn't reassure me that others have the same problems I do, it just makes me think about my own problems and that's not a fun time.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I stopped making constant "jokes" about how bad I was feeling, I found it a lot easier to get better. I guess part of it was acknowledging that something was wrong rather than just treating it like a wacky trait.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

wuffles posted:

Memes about mental illness offer the reassurance of a shared experience in a world that, despite what a lot of people without mental illnesses say, don’t want you sharing your experience with them because it makes them uncomfortable.

The distance and anonymity of the internet allows for a feeling of safety when participating in that shared experience.

yeah

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

teen witch posted:

:corsair: In MY day we didn't have these fancy click stops, the hose nozzle had one lever and you had to squeeze it partway down and HOLD it where it did what you wanted. And the tightest water jet wasn't just squeezing it all the way down. We couldn't have that because of the war. Squeezing all the way would go slightly PAST the most powerful jet, so you had to hold it at NOT QUITE that far.

And then the dog would come up and bite at the water.

https://i.imgur.com/2zKYkAx.mp4

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

This whole time I've been buying the orange ones... I guess I'm bi now. :shrug:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Wurst Poster posted:

This whole time I've been buying the orange ones... I guess I'm bi now. :shrug:

Incorrect, you are VLC Media Player

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

bawk posted:

Incorrect, you are VLC Media Player

...TAKE ON THE WORLD!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Maldraedior posted:

I've just been assuming this was about forums goon drama from <checks notes> 20 years ago but apparently it's 30 year old death metal drama?

is it possible I'm too young for these references?

Yeah remember the satanic panic about how metal would make you kill your friends and commit suicide and burn down churches? Like 3 bands in Norway actually did it.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9HUyHmLFzA

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

:colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWrVky6Uuk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmfao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld6KakUVIcA&hd=1

I will always love metal gear rising revengeance memes

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/yya7InW.mp4

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

CainFortea posted:

It's late but here you go.

Much obliged goonfriend

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Trying to jerk it on antidepressants like

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ROFL

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

These are all great but I can't stop laughing at this one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Jb2skdp4k

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chitin posted:

Trying to jerk it on antidepressants like

:smith:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Is everyone here except me on antidepressants

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No but only because I had bad reactions to a bunch of them and decides to stop pursuing treatment :smith:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Not me, my sadbrains is not completely crippling, and I had a seizure on Wellbutrin which was a bigger inconvenience than said sadbrains.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

freeedr posted:

Nope. I'm a whole year free from them :toot:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

freeedr posted:

Nope. :master:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

freeedr posted:

I'm not but only because the six I have tried have done nothing for me :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Well I hope the best for all of you wrt mental health but also with the rest of the modern world