Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly having a hard time feeling much sympathy for the Demons of Being Unpopular Because People Found Out Accurate Information About How Our Training Methods Are A Crime Against Humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Yeah, it's pretty obvious where this is going: Sally is going to figure out very quickly that she's too old for this poo poo and go back to running every morning.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly having a hard time feeling much sympathy for the Demons of Being Unpopular Because People Found Out Accurate Information About How Our Training Methods Are A Crime Against Humanity.

I have a hard time with that part too. The comic is great when it follows what an unmitigated poo poo show every single characer's life is.

Every now and then it seems to try to make a character more sympathetic - but then undoes it a few strips later. I don't know if that's because it's about an entire cast of characters decending into madness together or because the writer didn't mean to undo it and just has a really strange sense of what makes a character sympathetic.

It's not like it matters, though. I'm still going to be reading it until the bitter end.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

I mean, skydiving isn't a thing I'd ever do, but it is a thing. Regular people do it. It's not like she announced these people convinced her to try cave diving or something.

Also of course Bernice self-describes as "witty"

Gil Thorp

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

EasyEW posted:

Mutt and Jeff

.... what?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I mean I have coworkers I wouldn’t mind leaving for dead but I wouldn’t make a loving game out of it Lordy.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Vargo posted:

.... what?

"9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! Okay, now that I've got your attention, I've got a sweet deal on garden-fresh cucumbers today..."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

.... what?

Nobody is out to buy his bananas, so he is calling white nationalists to support one of their own.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Ah. I see. Hm.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He is shouting something bizarre to encourage a crowd to form that he can then sell fruit to. Just as he attracted a cop.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious where this is going: Sally is going to figure out very quickly that she's too old for this poo poo and go back to running every morning.
Molly Forth

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rand Brittain posted:

Look, the Demons may be a godawful mess but I'll still cheer them on if it means they'll thoroughly humiliate Copper Ma.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I mean, skydiving isn't a thing I'd ever do, but it is a thing. Regular people do it. It's not like she announced these people convinced her to try cave diving or something.

Also of course Bernice self-describes as "witty"

Luann looks so put upon that her friend and guy she likes invited her to come along with them to do something fun. What a loving wiener. What, does she have anything better planned if Piro asked to hang out with her?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She would have a panic attack because a boy liked her.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

amigolupus posted:

Luann looks so put upon that her friend and guy she likes invited her to come along with them to do something fun. What a loving wiener. What, does she have anything better planned if Piro asked to hang out with her?

Eating a can of beans and a bowl of tortilla chips.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
mutt and jeff is mostly recolored/retouched old strips too right? so that was probably printed when hitler was alive

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

We're doing references to 30-year-old SNL sketches now? Coming up next week, Jeremy and Hector are wild and craaaaaazy guys!

Pogo 7/8/51

Archie 4/19-21/48

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45896/the-day-is-done

Selachian fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 30, 2023

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Safety Dance posted:

Mother loving laser targeted at me.

edit: I guess this might be a reference to the book, which, yes, I did read a lot as a young teenager. I think it's funnier suggesting Hillary throw a 1998 PC CD-ROM game at Ted though.

:ssh: the most recent Rainbow Six game came out in 2022

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Love the punchline on this one. Very Achewood.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

I chuckled.

Need to cut down on the time I spend posting so I'm dropping Peanuts for now. That said, I just started a lets-read of the entire strip from the beginning so follow along if that sounds like your thing.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Selachian posted:

Can I mention, besides all the other problems with modern Popeye, how annoying I find it that Pappy is all of a sudden the biggest villain in the Popeyeverse? Not Bluto/Brutus, not the Sea Hag, but Pappy.

Pappy always was a deadbeat and a man of few morals, but I always liked how he and Popeye reconciled in Altman's film version especially because it was made clear, without doing any kind of processing after the fact, that the two missed and thought of each other a lot while estranged. I don't like how Randy is handling the character. Pappy can be a schemer and occasionally a jerk without being a super bastard bad guy everybody hates, cause he should also be helpful and decent when family and friends are in need or even just when he feels like it.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

quote:

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!

Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.

Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Fiona I Don't Think Those Photographs Are Ethical Even If They're Friends And Family

"And Reg had the ball at the top of the key, and I was all like, "I'm open! I'm open!""

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... do foxes even have earlobes? I thought that was a human-type ear thing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

But please, do get a loving divorce. I'm begging these fictional characters.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Zereth posted:

... do foxes even have earlobes? I thought that was a human-type ear thing.

Don't think too hard about it. Holbrook certainly isn't.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Coral gonna show up in a big fur coat and giant hat with a feather in it, a big beefy guy hanging off each arm.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 28, 2001)

Rae The Doe

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Dunkin' on Sputter

Pluggers

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "294 - Jucika And The Discreet Waiter"

"Vígszínház = Comedy Theatre Of Budapest
Záróra = Closing Time
Nemzeti Színház = National Theatre
Holnap Folytatjuk = We'll pick it up tomorrow"

"295 - Jucika And Santa"

"Télapó is actually Ded Moroz-a figure similar to Father Christmas/Santa Claus"

"Ded Moroz is a legendary figure similar to Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas and Santa Claus who has his roots in Slavic mythology. The tradition of Ded Moroz is mostly spread in East Slavic countries and is an important part of Russian culture. Although at the beginning of the Soviet era communist authorities banned Ded Moroz he soon became an important part of the Soviet culture. The literal translation is "Grandpa Frost".

Ded Moroz is depicted as bringing presents to well-mannered children, often delivering them in person in December days and secretly under the Christmas tree on night at 31 December on New Year's Eve. In East Slavic cultures, Ded Moroz is accompanied by Snegurochka, his granddaughter and helper."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hostile V posted:

"And Reg had the ball at the top of the key, and I was all like, "I'm open! I'm open!""

Official Acknowledgement That I Got This Reference

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

kidcoelacanth posted:

Official Acknowledgement That I Got This Reference

You've heard enough. Of my secrets.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/30/03

Brenda Starr 10/15-17/51

Smokey Stover 2/17/57 (can't seem to find the 2/10 strip)

Everyday Movies 10/27/36

"Well, if he's in and refuses to open the door and pay his rent, we'll get the insect sprayer and try that through the transom."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/13-15/42

Selachian fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 1, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/13-15/42

"Well, darling, even if my robot doesn't work, at least I've increased the house's value by secretly tripling the size of the basement."

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

I suppose the Vatican is technically "in" Italy, even though it isn't in Italy. Also, it's only a 2-hour flight from Rome to Paris, so depending on what time Slylock interrogated the suspects, the turtle's alibi could still be plausible.

FoxTrot

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slylock I'm not sure this warrants brooding over your laptop in a cafe

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (October 3, 1976)

Crankshaft, in which Ed takes some time off from killing colleagues for some yardwork.

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

We're going to do some Thimble Theater Sundays for a bit. (May 5, 1940)

Popeye

Skippy's Own Book of Comics

I know how some of you are about :words:, but this last one just lands for me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

Slylock I'm not sure this warrants brooding over your laptop in a cafe

He's browsing through horrific crime scene photos to whet his appetite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

god estrogen kicks rear end

Honk Shoo, Or As It's Known Overseas, Snork Mimimimimi