Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in that mess of a hyperstrange interview it sounded like Incision is getting an episode 2 release today?

oh ok they're showing hyperstrange ads now i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

drrockso20 posted:

Nah if you have a third BJ it should be Wolf 2009 that gets in, he's got the most interesting arsenal

Probably because you're not playing as Cultic Guy, just one of his former Cop buddies(and thus not infused with the weird occult stuff the Cult has been messing with), also is anyone else getting stuck in this one part where you have to jump into a hole in the roof but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go?

I just got stuck on that part! you can crouch into one of the pipes laying on the floor

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

drrockso20 posted:

is anyone else getting stuck in this one part where you have to jump into a hole in the roof but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go?

What you need to do is find the broken pipes on the ground, you can climb in one.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Age of Hell is turning into one of those eternal projects. I think it was teased first three years ago, at least.

I'm usually not into those retro-low-fi game, but I think Divine Frequency looks interesting.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Does Incision have a normal save system yet?

Turin Turambar posted:

Age of Hell is turning into one of those eternal projects. I think it was teased first three years ago, at least.
Probably earlier, it was originally just a GZDoom mod.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've basically been waiting for 1.0 on blood west before playing it. december though, man will i have the time....

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Agreed, they feel really good. The player handles differently though, right? Moves slower.

Yeah, it's slightly off. Did you beat it yet? It's quite a bit harder I expected, but we weren't working with a full arsenal either. Only 1/5 secrets too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

finally bloodborne with guns. well. more guns

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Glad I didn't skip to the current page so I could read about the baffling Fortune's Run bullshit as it was happening. Currently reading the thread so I don't know if there's been any developments, but man, weird poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'll be goddamned, Dusk HD actually does look incredibly good. If it's reasonably priced and the multiplayer gets some use I could actually see me buying it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a blood fan episode....

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bad news cultic fans: the jump kicking has been heavily nerfed vertically

what the gently caress

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'll be goddamned, Dusk HD actually does look incredibly good. If it's reasonably priced and the multiplayer gets some use I could actually see me buying it

It's a completely free update.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/519860/DUSK/ posted:

We have remade every enemy, every weapon, every model, every texture,

EVERY THING.

FOR YOU. FOR FREE.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

quote:

The HD models, textures, weapons, etc will all be available on the Steam Workshop as free downloads and not integrated into the base game until you install them!

This is all completely optional! IF YOU LIKE DUSK JUST HOW IT IS THAT'S GREAT!

And YES you WILL be able to use both the old and these new assets to create anything you want with the SDK and upload your own creations to the workshop as well. We can't wait to see it.

Because DOOM may be Eternal but DUSK is FOREVER. ...Or something.

this looks a m a z i n g

Convex fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 30, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Boy 25 levels is a lot for Early Access

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Selaco looking great.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

Selaco looking great.

It's gonna be so good. When they say release? I kinda hoped it and Beyond Sunset would drop close together; I started playing them both around the same time and I jsut can't seperate them

Mordja posted:

Boy 25 levels is a lot for Early Access

I quit watching the stream, what game?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's gonna be so good. When they say release? I kinda hoped it and Beyond Sunset would drop close together; I started playing them both around the same time and I jsut can't seperate them

I quit watching the stream, what game?

Selaco! :D

edit: Verge World looked like an interesting bullet hell

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

25 levels is a staggering amount considering the demo probably took me 45+, maybe even an hour and change the first I beat it

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, it's slightly off. Did you beat it yet? It's quite a bit harder I expected, but we weren't working with a full arsenal either. Only 1/5 secrets too

Not yet, dealing with a very big enemy right now.

EDIT: Oh that's the end of it. Fun little diversion.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 30, 2023

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh poo poo, a project warlock 1 dlc yeaaa

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I don't think Phantom Fury's demo was ready for prime time. I was trying to rebind my keys and it thinks Q and E are my left and right gamepad shoulders (I don't even have a controller plugged in). The Revert options in keybinds does nothing.I had to reinstall to try and fix it. Actually being able to play it didn't help. Bullet sponge enemies that don't react and sometimes don't animate. You're slow but have limited sprint. Cramped areas, though you are on a train to be fair. Not a fan of the blood clouds. Never liked blood mist. There's just no satisfaction in anything. I know opinion on Ion Fury around here is a bit low, but I really liked it. I'm not liking this. The Last Exterminator though, now that was a good demo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alright i have to assume the stream is ending soon so here's the recap of release dates for the games that matter to this thread:

Age of Hell - demo on Nov 24th
Agent64: Spies Never Die - 2023
Anger Foot - 2024
Blood West 1.0 - Dec 5th
DUSK HD - "Dusk's 5th Anniversary" (Dec 10th?)
Graven 1.0 - Jan 23 2024
Cultic: Interlude - free DLC level bridging Cultic 1 & 2, out now
Extraneum 1.0 - May 2024
Fallen Aces - Early access in 2024
Forgive Me Father 2 - Early access Oct 19th
Gunhead - Nov 8th. Demo out now
Incision - Episode 2 coming soon? The Hyperstrange owner claimed 'today' but I saw no such update on the store page.
Islands of the Caliph - out today
Kingpin Reloaded - Dec 5th
Phantom Fury - demo out now
Project Warlock: The Lost Chapter (PW1 DLC): 2024
Retrowave 84: 2024
Ripout - Early access date Oct 24th
Selaco - Early Access date May 2024 (25+ open levels)
Shady Knight - 2024
The Divine Frequency - demo on Oct 27th
Tokyo Underground Killer - 2024
Viscerafest 1.0 - early 2024
Wizordum - early access in October
Wrath Aeon of Ruin 1.0 - Feb 27 2024

Also Prodeus DLC announced: The Elder Veil, but no date.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 30, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bummer how late so many seem to be but drat 2024 looking absolutely stacked

That Prodeus demo looked loving sick I thought

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
My thoughts on Realms Deep 2023: The Last One Before Embracer Sells 3D Realms To Bain Capital:

1.) The interstital skits were sub-PC Gaming Show levels of dire, and I'm well aware of the grave weight of that statement.

2.) This show has two games built solely around the concept of "yo, what if winnie the pooh was hosed UP" and that probably means copyright terms should be extended to 700 years after the artist's death. Hire me, Disney.

3.) There are tons of very talented graphics artists making their games look like a million bucks, and apparently very few sound designers who know how to give things weight and personality and stuff. Sound remains neglected by many. :(

4.) If you ever consider doing a game trailer showcase that lasts longer than your average Lord of the Rings movie, please do us a favor and don't. Split that thing up into multiple days or something, jesus.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

1.) The interstital skits were sub-PC Gaming Show levels of dire, and I'm well aware of the grave weight of that statement.
Oh, I dunno. They were a looooooot shorter and maybe fewer of them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
selaco early access not being until may next year is crazy, but i guess it's better than ending up like supplice which still only has the one episode and didn't even have a trailer for ep 2 here

^^^ i was not expecting this to run 3 hours either :P

e: the half top down horror adventure-half resident evil 4 game looks interesting in concept at least

site fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 30, 2023

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

project warlock 1 dlc reads like "PW2 is going really really badly please help"

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

alright i have to assume the stream is ending soon so here's the recap of release dates for the games that matter to this thread:

Thanks for the info!

I expected to see Supplice episode 2 but it was sorely missing. Anyone knows anything?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
MORE
BLOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LOyefTchs
https://playmarrow.com/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/marrow

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

(x) game not showing up may have more to do with the fact that they had 120 trailers in 3 hours and couldn't possibly fit more in there. some stuff was just gonna not make the cut, like relentless frontier, supplice, lorn's lore, etc

although I would argue they could’ve cut most of the non-FPS games and had a solid two hour 70-75 trailer show just sticking to retro shooters, and then very few would be excluded

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 30, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So did anyone beat the weird tank monster thing at the end of Cultic: Interlude? I've been tossing bundles of unlit dynamite on the floor and shooting them when he walks over them, but that hasn't been too successful. I'm thinking of going back and grabbing barrels from the parking garage and tossing them in the room before it falls down to at least start it off.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I did but I also only played on hard. The episode felt very stingy on ammo I thought. Dynamite too. Again though I only found one secret

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The shooting feels like trash in Phantom Fury. Every gun sounds like pitpitpitpitpit and the enemies barely react. It's enough to ruin the game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, Phantom Fury kinda blows.

I like the idea but it feels anemic in just about every regard.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
You'd think that sound designers would know this already. Guns need to feel strong. I forgot who said that the shotgun needs to sound like a cannon going off but they were right.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Fun fact: if you replace the sound of the pistol in Doom so that it doesn't sound like someone flicking a taut piece of paper, it feels pretty good to use

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
weak weapon sounds is turbo overkill's major sin

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Admittedly I was playing on Easy but I found the best strategy to be just run around like a madman to minimize his ability to hit you and use the revolver to do most of the damage as neither dynamite or molotovs did much in the way of damage

Also man the shotgun you get here is pretty bad(particularly that the accuracy upgrade is locked behind 4 weapon parts and I was only able to find 3), only any good for if an enemy is literally right in your face

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

site posted:

weak weapon sounds is turbo overkill's major sin

I swear it sounded great back in the early demo days but somewhere a long the line they messed with the sound mixing and no one told them it sounded bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Flubby posted:

I don't think Phantom Fury's demo was ready for prime time. I was trying to rebind my keys and it thinks Q and E are my left and right gamepad shoulders (I don't even have a controller plugged in). The Revert options in keybinds does nothing.I had to reinstall to try and fix it. Actually being able to play it didn't help. Bullet sponge enemies that don't react and sometimes don't animate. You're slow but have limited sprint. Cramped areas, though you are on a train to be fair. Not a fan of the blood clouds. Never liked blood mist. There's just no satisfaction in anything. I know opinion on Ion Fury around here is a bit low, but I really liked it. I'm not liking this. The Last Exterminator though, now that was a good demo.

Yeah my first 5 minutes, the gunplay is reminding me of early 2000s shooters and not in a good way. The sound mixing is a little weird, enemy weapons are barely audible. And everything feels a little spongy. I can't really make a solid judgment cause of how little i played but it wasn't immediately satisfying

Here's a cool animation bug I found within 2 minutes while I was still fumbling over the controls
https://streamable.com/7lw6n8
Just cut out the middle man, who needs a gun when you can just shoot bullets directly from the magazine