Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Alison's going to be like "why the gently caress would I want to rule the universe?" with a side order of "don't worry, I'll be dead in 30 years"

i mean then what happens to the key once she dies? if its not resolved somehow then everythings just gonna start over in 30 years as people steal the key from alisons grave, and then steal parts of it from eachother, and rekindle universal war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I would simply destroy the key using the key.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Zaid looking for the next Ex Mrs. Zaid and/or pair of additional child support claims to dodge.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd put the key in a lock and then close it from the other side

Problem solved forever

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

celadon posted:

i mean then what happens to the key once she dies? if its not resolved somehow then everythings just gonna start over in 30 years as people steal the key from alisons grave, and then steal parts of it from eachother, and rekindle universal war

Since one of the themes is there is no solved state where problems are fixed forever and nothing bad ever happens again, I think part of the message is going to be that poo poo is going to just keep happening forever and we just have to keep dealing with that forever, or something like that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's always inevitably going to be a furious dumbass like Zoss and Allison and most you can do is enjoy life as it is and maybe try to not let the same stuff happen again in the same way it did before.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FlocksOfMice posted:

Since one of the themes is there is no solved state where problems are fixed forever and nothing bad ever happens again, I think part of the message is going to be that poo poo is going to just keep happening forever and we just have to keep dealing with that forever, or something like that.

That may be so, but accepting that you can't fix everything forever doesn't mean you shouldn't also want to set the future up as best you can and maybe make plans to try help them avoid bad outcomes.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

MikeJF posted:

That may be so, but accepting that you can't fix everything forever doesn't mean you shouldn't also want to set the future up as best you can and maybe make plans to try help them avoid bad outcomes.

Well yeah, I said you have to keep dealing with it, not just lie back and let it happen. But stuff is gonna keep happening forever, so you have to keep doing forever. That's life baybey!

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

maybe 30 years after stopping jagganoth from annihilating the multiverse allison comes around to the idea and annihilates the multiverse

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Hm, you're right. Maybe if someone, like, hard reset the wheel, but without the violence or demiurges...

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

FlocksOfMice posted:

in certain views of history, the "goal" is to change the paradigm of what poo poo has to be dealt with in relation to the previous history-state. We'll always have something to deal with, but efforts in the present can change the context for the future etc

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

dead gay comedy forums posted:

in certain views of history, the "goal" is to change the paradigm of what poo poo has to be dealt with in relation to the previous history-state. We'll always have something to deal with, but efforts in the present can change the context for the future etc

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bongo Bill posted:

for real, toss that thing off the rim Gods Must Be Crazy style

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Twenty Four posted:

"Don't die."

Solid advice.

Up there with "Move freight." as the guidance of a true leader.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Tex, Randolph P. Checkers, Battletech Lorekeeper, Cargomaster of Cargonia, Wayland-Yutani corporate rep, Whalegun Launcher, Bearer Of The Word VOICE and God of the Seven Part World.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I mean honestly they're probably both better served as maintaining the home front rather than joining the suicide quest anyways. Can't imagine Nayeve and Deadbeat Ninja are gonna be the tipping point in a war of Gods

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
And so the Question rears its head again.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

Zoss hates it (because he's mad he never figured that out)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
We all recall that Nyave has thought Zaid was hot since she first laid eyes on him, right?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Elissimpark posted:

Hm, you're right. Maybe if someone, like, hard reset the wheel, but without the violence or demiurges...

Sounds like a plan! Now if only we knew someone dead enough to try it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Give the key to Zyaive baby in the future.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Well, I am supposed to 'spare a thought' for a devil king when I ascend, maybe that'll wreck things enough to balance it out?"

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I still don't know how Allison is supposed to prevent Zoss from making time go spinny.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I still don't know how Allison is supposed to prevent Zoss from making time go spinny.

I'm not sure she will.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If she's Royal enough she'll initiate the counter-spin and they will cancel out.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

RocketMermaid posted:

She's got 30 years to eat Maya's noodles and teach White Chain how to drink.

She's Zoss' heir, it's totally possible that she'd die in 30 year and not let it stop her

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jadis' prophecy of her death did qualify that death with "as you understand it"

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don’t think Zoss would spin the Wheel unless things got pretty hosed up, also if this is the first time he’s died he may not actually be able to anymore and this is the Only Shot.

Which would be a hell of a thing to drop on Jagganoth.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If she's truly the heir to his power, then it doesn't matter what he does. She has the power to stop it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Remember how Zoss keeps rolling because he’s dead but doesn’t really care? Allison’s deffo gonna do the same thing with the time reset.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

She literally got cut in half by a former demiurge and just decided no that’s not real. She’ll be fine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know, there's only one person they can bring in that can stop Jagg and would be the perfect steward for the key after Allison's gone.

Himself.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can't we all just get beyond death?

Oh hey Aldia

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Kalli posted:

You know, there's only one person they can bring in that can stop Jagg and would be the perfect steward for the key after Allison's gone.

Himself.

Allison spares a thought for the devil and decides It's His Turn

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey guys I think Alisson destroying that flower may just be meaningful regarding herself and death

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
unlikely..

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hey guys I think Alisson destroying that flower may just be meaningful regarding herself and death

Nah, gently caress flowers.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

its just fun to blow petals away

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the flower was a dangerous poisonous bloom, planted by anti-factotum insurgents. she detected this and eliminated the threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
She just had a quest to kill that particular flower. No sense in questioning that.