Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Milo and POTUS posted:

We haven't seen any of steve's previous crushes in ages. And you know that kid eats cat heads

That was Stevarino who ate cats and he's probably dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

BARRY AND JEFF'S PROJECT!
Uh, I'm late for my flight to Cupertino.

I love that was the last we heard about it

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Clearly their project is the Apple Vision Pro.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

That was Stevarino who ate cats and he's probably dead

Steve is actually much worse probably you're right drrockso20

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Like many sitcoms both animated and live, one-episode romantic interests won through the storyline disappear and are never heard about or seen again, except for re-use in crowd scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of background characters, there's this one young woman with prominent tattoos that shows up a couple of times but never really does anything.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I like that you'll catch ladybug pins on background characters every once in a while.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Neeksy posted:

Like many sitcoms both animated and live, one-episode romantic interests won through the storyline disappear and are never heard about or seen again, except for re-use in crowd scenes.

These are typically a guest actor too famous to be recurring.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Like I've said before it is well beyond the time to give Steve a permanent significant other

And no it cannot be Snot

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drrockso20 posted:

Like I've said before it is well beyond the time to give Steve a permanent significant other

And no it cannot be Snot

Why not?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

A lot of it is admittedly personal preference as I despise Steve's friends and feel that outside of a couple exceptions they drag down any episode they have a sizable presence in as they're more annoying than funny, also they've done enough little teases about Steve and Snot potentially becoming a couple(and doing so in at least one potential future) that actually having it happen at this point feels too safe and obvious for a show like this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Steve's friends are delightful

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Neeksy posted:

Waiting for the episode where it turns out Stan memory wipes any girl who shows interest in Steve

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"You can't go on protecting me forever, dad!!"

"Oh, no no no, I'm not protecting YOU, Steve; I'm protecting the girls! You see, [sighs with paternal regret] there's something your mother and I have never told you..."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Perfect.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Brawnfire posted:

"You can't go on protecting me forever, dad!!"

"Oh, no no no, I'm not protecting YOU, Steve; I'm protecting the girls! You see, [sighs with paternal regret] there's something your mother and I have never told you..."

I would watch this

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
what's the episode where Greg is all like "and next on the news, a beautiful sound"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

what's the episode where Greg is all like "and next on the news, a beautiful sound"

The 300th episode I think when they achieve utopia.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

drrockso20 posted:

And no it cannot be Snot

I always assumed we'd get Haley and Jeff's baby long before that

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Small White Dragon posted:

I always assumed we'd get Haley and Jeff's baby long before that

Stan: "My little grandson, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Is what I'd say if you weren't half Jeff Fischer."

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nemo is omen backwards!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Condemn them, mother, for they know EXACTLY what they do!!!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I think Jeff is a little young to be having children since he is only a few years old, if that.

One of my favorite lines in this show is "Having just been born I think I'm a little young to be having children."

That entire episode was magical.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

qirex posted:

These are typically a guest actor too famous to be recurring.

King of the Hill had Tom Petty as a late addition. Don't tell me he wasn't famous.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Condemn them, mother, for they know EXACTLY what they do!!!

Jesus was a carpenter, and I’m not handy at all!

That might be my favorite episode of all time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu updated with all the newer episodes up to this week's.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

oh hell yeah

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hopefully they keep adding new ones as they’re available. It’s been a bit annoying keeping up with this show lately due to them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Steve and Snot should date, I will not be taking criticism at this time.

Any word on if the show is renewed now that the writers strike is over?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It was already renewed for one more season before the writers strike I thought.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, one more season and that's it unless Zaslav gets dumped.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Never thought I'd say something like this, but Season 22 is too soon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I mean if Warner drops it then I imagine Disney will just bring it to one of their networks or onto Hulu since they're the ones who actually own it, that or maybe convince Fox to bring it back to their lineup again

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's weird how Disney owns Fox Studios but not Fox Networks (except FX) so they produce shows for hire that Fox then airs. This works out fine for like The Simpsons or Bob's Burgers because those shows are popular and Fox the TV channel doesn't mind the added expense of having those produced out of house. Trying to convince them to repick up a show they haven't aired in over a decade under the same deal is a harder sell.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

It's weird how Disney owns Fox Studios but not Fox Networks (except FX) so they produce shows for hire that Fox then airs. This works out fine for like The Simpsons or Bob's Burgers because those shows are popular and Fox the TV channel doesn't mind the added expense of having those produced out of house. Trying to convince them to repick up a show they haven't aired in over a decade under the same deal is a harder sell.

They renamed the studios like a year after the purchase to drop the FOX naming while acknowledging their origin, it goes by 20th Century Studios* now(Fox Searchlight Pictures meanwhile just dropped the Fox part of the name)

As for American Dad going back to FOX, well Disney could always play hardball and make them take it back in order to keep the Simpsons, Family Guy, and Bob's Burgers rights the next time those are up for renewal(since Disney could always just send them over to ABC and thus bring them fully in house)

*funny thing is that the first film released under the new branding was the 2020 adaptation of The Call of The Wild, coincidentally the original 1935 adaptation was the final film of Twentieth Century Pictures before it merged with Fox Film to form 20th Century Fox

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

maybe baby

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

drrockso20 posted:

I mean if Warner drops it then I imagine Disney will just bring it to one of their networks or onto Hulu since they're the ones who actually own it, that or maybe convince Fox to bring it back to their lineup again

Well the current deal is that Disney owns and produces it, then TBS reimburses Disney for most of the costs of productions in exchange for first air rights.

That's why Zaslav tried to have the TBS lawyers back out of the contract before this season went into production. Disney told them to pound sand because it was a guaranteed sale. Without that kind of deal in place Disney would probably be a bit hesitant to keep making the show, especially when they're looking for costs to cut too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They could just make it a Hulu show, it seems like a no brainer move for them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

It's weird, but I went from thinking the quality would go downhill on TBS to actively not wanting it on Fox again. I like how unhinged and bizarre it's gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/jGIxZ67.gifv