Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ben shapino posted:

he looks cool as hell

Hell is notoriously not cool at all. Banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

ben shapino posted:

he looks cool as hell

yep. kicking rear end and taking names

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

maybealabia posted:

Hell is notoriously not cool at all. Banned.

the lowest level of hell is cold. unbanned

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

toggle posted:

hmm what a rather perverse photo

Yeah, loving disgusting

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Cool as a cucumber

Cucumber are still cool right???

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yeah well I'm the old wizard who lives in the shoe.
Slick Mack Daddy from the ice cube

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mad?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

dr_rat posted:

Cool as a cucumber

Cucumber are still cool right???

Only the ones that have been in your mother's frozen vagina.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ELTON JOHN posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1708197938969887018

all my kids are here gaming with me, just out of frame

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

make the musk cowboy hat the new fedora

he looks like that one weird Republican that looks 14 and 40 at the same time

e: Briscoe Cain and he’s 38? woof

teen witch fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 30, 2023

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

toggle posted:

ya it's brutal

most american christians side with the richest man in the world looking down on the most desperate. hail caesar.

Durf fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 30, 2023

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Thanks I took this one.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the app tho lol

scold people about what ever you want

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Highlighting why Wyoming should not have equal representation since no one lives there

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Elon reminds me of duke Nukem. Kicking down doors with a shotgun, and taking a piss flanked by four bodyguards.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Invalid Validation posted:

Imagine being a billionaire and still looking that fuckin stupid.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Glumwheels posted:

Highlighting why Wyoming should not have equal representation since no one lives there

More people live in DC without senators or congresspeople than in Wyoming.

I think there's been pushes for DC to become a proper state but it'll never happen cause it has the wrong demographics for Republicans to let it.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Looking like a bloated reanimated, corpse. Great genes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Glumwheels posted:

i lived there until this spring. people complain about transplants all the time and think "california people" are going to ruin it. the largest city there has 60k people and is greater than 10% of the state's population. calm down, cow fuckers, no one is coming for your windblown hellscape

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

fish and chips and dip posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm suddenly in C-SPAM

*clears throat*

The holodomor didn't happen, but they all actually totally deserved it

Stalin is so UwU

All the Uyghurs were totally asking for it

They're not concentration camps, they're reeducation camps

Russia is right to rape and massacre Ukrainians because America bad

Actually it's not imperialism if *my guys* are doing it

Phew! I think I'm fitting in!

Now back to posting about Elon Musk.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
free him

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
No don't

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
they're trying to censor that stalin was UwU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
what y'all don't get is that Elon is accurate even when shooting from the hip and doesn't need sites. It's pure badassery.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

im confused by what part is unsustainable.
what happens if it keeps happening

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the tankies are mad smdh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was promised hip firing a .50 cal WHILE WALKING this mother fucker is stanced up like a buffoon the whole time in that clip

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

DeeplyConcerned posted:

what y'all don't get is that Elon is accurate even when shooting from the hip and doesn't need sites. It's pure badassery.

You're right that he doesn't need sites but he buys them anyway

Kale
May 14, 2010

I can't get over how loving ridiculous he looks in the border patrol era of being the main character.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

clean ayers act posted:

The Rio Grande might dry up and then they'd have to hire more CBP agents to hose down the giant gators.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

toggle posted:

what's wrong with it? the apartheid billionaire standing across a barrier from a bunch of dirty poor foreigners is exactly how things are supposed to be

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the lowest level of hell is cold. unbanned

that's only from the inferno iirc, which is catholic fanfic and non-canon

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

elon watching the hordes swarm the border:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwveuIRWxBo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

clean ayers act posted:

global warming is fake, but the browning of america is real and an existential threat

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

someone should convince him to grow a mustache

or a soul patch

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc
musk

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Elon has a lot of children to secure a future for. He's creeping up on 13 but that would be unlucky so 14 is a better number to stop at, probably.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
muskeh

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so this might be old info, but looks like people realized elon's once again full of poo poo:

quote:

But… even more notably, Elon Musk may have accidentally revealed how much exTwitter usage had dropped himself — mainly by hoping that people won’t notice how he changed the metrics being used. You see, at the same time that Elon was talking about potentially putting exTwitter behind a paywall, he also claimed that he site now has 550 million users who generate “100 million to 200 million posts per day.”

During the livestream, Musk also divulged some new metrics from X, saying it now has 550 million “monthly users,” who generate 100 million to 200 million posts per day.

Some people took that to mean that his running of exTwitter was a success, since when he took it over, the ex-Twitter (as opposed to exTwitter) management were reporting 237.8 million users. But, that’s wrong. The two things are being measured very differently, and when you break it down, Musk seems to be admitting a pretty big drop in exTwitter usage.

The 237.8 million was “mDAU” or monetizable daily active users and the first two words there are important in how Musk’s number and old Twitter’s numbers are different. As we explained (and which Musk never seemed to understand), mDAU was actually a much more conservative estimate on users, because it excluded anyone they could not monetize (meaning bots, some foreign countries, etc.). The whole point of mDAU was to be more accurate in telling advertisers how large the potential audience reach is.

Second, Twitter’s number is daily active users. Musk’s number was monthly active users. DAU/MAU ratios are actually a useful tool in determining just how sticky an app is (basically it’s looking at what percentage of your monthly users visit every day). Years ago, Sequoia Capital noted that the “industry standard” for DAU/MAU is between 10% and 20% with it being very rare for a company to be over 50%. Andrew Chen from Andreessen Horowitz has shared similar numbers, noting that if you’re DAU/MAU is 20% that’s good. And “World Class” is 50%.

Of course, this differs based on the type of app, and exTwitter is more likely to be an app that people come back to use more regularly than something like Uber or whatever. So, it seems at least somewhat likely that its DAU/MAU is somewhere closer to 50% than 20% (giving exTwitter the benefit of the doubt here!). The last stats that I found that determined a DAU/MAU for Twitter came in 2020 from The Audience Project, which put Twitter’s DAU/MAU at about 52%.

But, remember, mDAU is significantly lower than just DAU, as mDAU excludes bots and other unmonetizable accounts (remember, Musk’s big complaint was that mDAU OVER counted bots, which is why it’s hilarious that the numbers he’s now trotting out don’t even try to exclude bots). So if we assume that mDAU is 80% of DAU (which is well below Musk’s own estimate of 33% bots!), that would mean that the DAU would basically be 300 million, and if we have a 50% DAU/MAU that would put the MAU pre-Musk at around 600 million.

And now he’s bragging about… 550 million (which isn’t even in any official report, so who knows how accurate it is, given his propensity to exaggerate).

quote:

Supporting this even further, the good folks at DataReportal do phenomenal work tracking data on social media platforms, and they’ve been tracking the market that exTwitter’s own internal tools tell advertisers regarding potential market reach. And they found… something weird.

When they looked in January, Twitter’s AdManager said that there were 556 million user accounts that could be reached via ads. In April… it said 177.2 million! DataReportal knew that was too steep a drop, and reached out to Twitter, only to see that number disappear from the AdManager tool. exTwitter re-enabled the tool later in April, again with MUCH LOWER figures on accounts: 373 million. DataReportal charted all of this, and it’s… eye opening:

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/09/22/elon-may-have-accidentally-revealed-how-extwitter-usage-has-dropped-massively-since-his-takeover/

not the i ever believed the idea that musk's real life tony stark brainpower was able to more than double twitter's userbase in just a few months (and the complete lack of ability to get any sort of, you know, actual corroboration from anyone else but musk and his minions didn't help much) but it's good to see it being confirmed nonetheless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
unskew the polls