Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Buck Wildman posted:

none of them are intended to be people you empathize with, it's a question of who you throw in with as a matter of survival

cuno mindset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

Find cops beating up corpo in a suit
Offer to finish him off because it's fun
Get him to admit he was attacking sex workers
Steal all his money
Shoot him in the head
Shuffle away from the scene without being detected.

Perfect quest, no notes.

You missed the part where you shoot the cops too

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

big mean giraffe posted:

You missed the part where you shoot the cops too

there were too many cops to fight, only one suit dude, next time i'll get drunk and fight the cops too :mad:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

i am harry posted:

hootinton does Fortnite let you dress up as a soon-to-be-homeless ex-employee and her husband yet?

Bunker Jonesy and Piper Pace

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

i am harry posted:

hootinton does Fortnite let you dress up as a soon-to-be-homeless ex-employee and her husband yet?

Idk if they were ever models for skins. :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'll do a few drops in honor of them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Update: Killed Sarevok. I took out the doormen first in a separate combat so they couldn't interfere, then polymorphed two of his harem and Hold Person'd the man himself and that was about all she wrote :toot:

Took three tries, the first of which involved me learning the doormen can interfere and the second of which involved me learning he gets permanent buffs when you kill his girlfriends before killing him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

drat, his loot owns

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

Update: Killed Sarevok. I took out the doormen first in a separate combat so they couldn't interfere, then polymorphed two of his harem and Hold Person'd the man himself and that was about all she wrote :toot:

Took three tries, the first of which involved me learning the doormen can interfere and the second of which involved me learning he gets permanent buffs when you kill his girlfriends before killing him

gj my man I got a remarkable alpha strike against him in the first round and it was surprisingly clean

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the milk machine posted:

i would play the blue velvet video game (it's like that Friday the 13th game but instead of Jason chasing other players it's frank booth)

uhnnnn
baby wants to game!
get ready to game, you gamer's gamer!
you gamer!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one of the dog town air drops had a smuggled note from a polish dude who worked in the arasaka slave labor camp it came from begging for the reader to save them and it was one of the only things in this game I found legitimately grim

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sniper Elite 5 has much, much larger environs than even 4 did: It took me over an hour to do just the first mission, over two to do the second, and now the third drops you into this sprawling French island town turned Nazi academy and it's been over three hours of playtime and I'm not even halfway done yet

and the AI is so much responsive that it teaches you to really work with the traps and the various gadgets and gizmos that I never felt I needed in the earlier games because you could just shoot everyone willy-nilly. Here it's like "okay plant the body where they'll find it, set up a grenade trap when they check the body, throw a bottle to attract one of the pair down the alleyway, but one of them will wait at the corner while his partner checks the body, so you have to circle around the block to take him with a melee stealth kill while the trap takes care of the other"

It's so good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sniper Elite 5 has much, much larger environs than even 4 did: It took me over an hour to do just the first mission, over two to do the second, and now the third drops you into this sprawling French island town turned Nazi academy and it's been over three hours of playtime and I'm not even halfway done yet

and the AI is so much responsive that it teaches you to really work with the traps and the various gadgets and gizmos that I never felt I needed in the earlier games because you could just shoot everyone willy-nilly. Here it's like "okay plant the body where they'll find it, set up a grenade trap when they check the body, throw a bottle to attract one of the pair down the alleyway, but one of them will wait at the corner while his partner checks the body, so you have to circle around the block to take him with a melee stealth kill while the trap takes care of the other"

It's so good

yeah the series is finally hitting a new stride

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Done with Logiart Grimoire until the incomplete mode (please be color, my heart couldn't take "up to 2x size" meaning 80x60s and just more 40x30s would be a letdown) launches.

It's another Jupiter picross game on the Jupiter picross engine, even the bgm was originally placeholdered in from the previous Switch version. Nice to have it on PC, though, and the fusion system was a fun little word puzzle in between the number puzzles. Emil as Definitely Not Vivi isn't deep but that's a fun archetype to see, and the "rejected" puzzles are nicely unpredictable.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gonk rear end noob!!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ben Nerevarine posted:

one time in Caves of Qud I defeated a major boss by making them fall in love with me and allowing me to punch them to death, slowly

killing them softly
with your words

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

gonk rear end noob!!

go home and be a joy toy man

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Hatebag posted:

uhnnnn
baby wants to game!
get ready to game, you gamer's gamer!
you gamer!

mini game with a bunch of qtes to perform In Dreams for your buddies

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Buck Wildman posted:

one of the dog town air drops had a smuggled note from a polish dude who worked in the arasaka slave labor camp it came from begging for the reader to save them and it was one of the only things in this game I found legitimately grim

I only just started cyberpunk (wow it's really good) but I was leaving my apartment in the corpo beginning and I noticed that every door has a big green RENT: PAID projection over it and that felt v grim to me

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the milk machine posted:

got her rear end!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Wtf madam president!! I could have knocked them out.....

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what's the orb game

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

lol johnny got mad i slept with a cop

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it is kind of gross

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Popy posted:

River? he got fired. not a cop. also hot. get over it rockerboy.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Popy posted:

know your enemy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
another cool thing about cyberpunk: sometimes you go back to the plazas you cleared scavs out of and people will be hanging out and sometimes there will be something interesting to see or a new shop. the libs were right, the way to stimulate all the economy is to kill the underclass

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcLXs3Np93s

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

another cool thing about cyberpunk: sometimes you go back to the plazas you cleared scavs out of and people will be hanging out and sometimes there will be something interesting to see or a new shop. the libs were right, the way to stimulate all the economy is to kill the underclass

you can just clear the scavs then look up and look down, no need to go back

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i got this chinese VA HDR1000 panel monitor with dimming zones and it makes cyberpunk look loving badass...

i can see why VA panels would drive most gamers nuts tho. I had a tn panel for 400 years so idgaf

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Popy posted:

thats not what they mean by gently caress the police

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

you can just clear the scavs then look up and look down, no need to go back

we can't let the terrorists win

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
It was cool how the people in the room waiting were grumbling about me because Delamin was giving me special attention

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Real Mean Queen posted:

Yeah I don’t know why it works that way. I had miraculous improvements in my sekiro playing after whining about it online and then going to bed, I think both with genichiro and the ape. You don’t even have to understand what you’re doing wrong, just any online cuss words and a sleep fixes it up

having a good whine makes all the difference. i've also had my share of "this is fuckin impossible. bullshit. dumbass game design that sucks. ok i did it"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
apparently the cyberpunk dlss is hosed and thats why it produces so much smearing lol (on top of smearing introduced by RR) so you can use dlss tweaker to fix it by putting it to type C

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al! posted:

Funniest place to clear out will always be the Arasaka compound, but alas it never gets properly condemned from your actions.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

judy is one dumb bitch.... and i knew it but i did it her w ay and she gets owned over and over again.