Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean last time they voted for truss so I think the tory party membership is just clones of cecil rhodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

PM Lee Anderson, 2024

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

HopperUK posted:

It's incredibly painful OP

I think the average non-cervix haver might have a better idea of what it's like if its compared to a urethral swab.

The one where they stick the swab half an inch down the urethra. At least it just gets pulled out afterwards instead of being rotated round and round (and round).

If anyone wants a demonstration just pop around to your local STD clinic and claim you have chlamydia.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

happyhippy posted:

gently caress, who do they think is the Liberal in the Tory party?

It's those MPs complaining to the Chief Whip about Cruella's speech during the week.
Also, the Conservative Democratic Organisation is run by people who look exactly like you imagine. Except the John Romero lookalike - I wasn't expecting that.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

I think the average non-cervix haver might have a better idea of what it's like if its compared to a urethral swab.

The one where they stick the swab half an inch down the urethra. At least it just gets pulled out afterwards instead of being rotated round and round (and round).

If anyone wants a demonstration just pop around to your local STD clinic and claim you have chlamydia.

It’s bad but I wouldn’t say it’s extremely painful or anything, more of a ‘grimace through it’. Not to play down how painful a cervical one can be cos I’d have no idea but a urethral swab might not be the best comparator

E: tho my cervically-endowed partner just leaned over and said cervix swabs aren’t even bad so I don’t know any more. What I’ve learned is that different swabs are different things to different people and if we can’t agree on that then what can we agree on friends??????

Jakabite fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 30, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cystoscopies are probably the most unpleasant physical experiences I have ever had and that includes appendicitis so I would understand not being particularly keen on getting an equivalent.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
the only thing I want swabbed is the deck of my yacht.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

the only thing I want swabbed is the deck of my yacht.

did you poop it again?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How long does covid take to incubate in people’s experience?

Everything I read says 4-5 days and I was exposed on Thursday night thanks to work and Mandatory Fun with a colleague who immediately tested positive after they left early feeling ill, but it’s only 2 days later and I’ve lost my sense of taste. Like if I absolutely drown something in a strong flavour I can just about get a hint of it, otherwise it’s like the surface of my tongue is numb.

There’s nowhere I could have got it before Thursday, is there some other illness I don’t know about that fries your tastebuds going around?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1708152472189993283

:toot:

So I guess this is Cruella's bid to take control. I love it when they fight amongst themselves

Fighting to be in charge of the Titanic as it sinks is certainly a choice. But if there's one thing the Tories hate as much as they hate the poor, foreigners, ethnic minorities, the LGBTQ+ community, workers, the unemployed, students, parents, the environment & probably some other things I'm forgetting it's the Tories.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

How long does covid take to incubate in people’s experience?

Everything I read says 4-5 days and I was exposed on Thursday night thanks to work and Mandatory Fun with a colleague who immediately tested positive after they left early feeling ill, but it’s only 2 days later and I’ve lost my sense of taste. Like if I absolutely drown something in a strong flavour I can just about get a hint of it, otherwise it’s like the surface of my tongue is numb.

There’s nowhere I could have got it before Thursday, is there some other illness I don’t know about that fries your tastebuds going around?

Averages are just that, a average. Some of the early papers in 2020/2021 when contract tracing was a thing had a 2-14 day range for 95% of patients, but the other 5% could go up a month between infection and testing postive/symptoms. How relevant that is to current strains is unknown but If you feel like you have covid you probably do.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Fighting to be in charge of the Titanic as it sinks is certainly a choice. But if there's one thing the Tories hate as much as they hate the poor, foreigners, ethnic minorities, the LGBTQ+ community, workers, the unemployed, students, parents, the environment & probably some other things I'm forgetting it's the Tories.

They are not fighting FOR the Titanic, its fighting to fill their boots with as much money as they can get before it sinks.
Won't be surprised 90% of them are living outside the UK within 5 years.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sir Keith Stumbler…

https://twitter.com/leftiestats/status/1708214197048287244?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Anyone else would be 20 points ahead.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Time for Keith to get serious about winning the election and roll coal in a school zone

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
Hello I am here to explain why going from an electoral wipe out to a projected majority is a failure.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yea you tell 'em pal :rolleyes:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

When you’re only slightly more appealing to the general public than the people who’ve been actively destroying the country for 13 years it’s not exactly a big win

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
where are all these cunts coming from

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
did someone scrawl somethingawful.com on a loving flat roof pub toilet cubicle?

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 30, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rugz posted:

Hello I am here to explain why going from an electoral wipe out to a projected majority is a failure.

of course you're a Labour centrist

of course

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

Thanks for telling me what my political affiliation is. I'll write it on my hand to make sure I tick the right box next time.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rugz posted:

Thanks for telling me what my political affiliation is. I'll write it on my hand to make sure I tick the right box next time.

Perhaps you'd be happier staying in the War in Ukraine thread.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Do you take your own crayons to the polling station or do they know you’re coming

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Making any judgements over a single poll is premature and wishful thinking, stop jumping down throats.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Do you take your own crayons to the polling station or do they know you’re coming

I keep them next to my voter ID

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Jakabite really needs to stop posting in the (imported from CSPAM) Musk thread. Its IK is a lunatic probe machine, the whole thing is basically a honeypot. Supposedly, this is funny.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Quoting myself to post this vid from Fox's perspective

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1708196499325096314

The person videoing was stood right next to the speaker, yet the crowd nearly drowned it out. lol

haakman
May 5, 2011

Rugz posted:

Thanks for this, we didn't know

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

forkboy84 posted:

Braverman clearly has a long term plan: raise her profile in the party pre-election and establish herself as the red meat, anti-woke candidate; after the Tories lose, lambast Sunak for his supposed soggy liberalism and win the leadership election on a platform of pulling the party to the hard right like the silent majority of voters supposedly want; wait for a directionless, uninspiring Labour party to lose public support as they do absolutely zero to improve ordinary people's lives, then sweep back to power in 5 years time at the next election.

It's at least a coherent plan and I don't see any other Tory moving as decisively as she is.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Oh don't count out the sword lady!
She won over a lot of voters by how she walked in a straight line holding that sword.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Oh don't count out the sword lady!
She won over a lot of voters by how she walked in a straight line holding that sword.

One of her grandfathers was in the Paras and the other fought for the Anti Treaty IRA during the Irish Civil War, she made her choice. :shrug:

edit: She also wants homeopathy in the NHS.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 1, 2023

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Cystoscopies are probably the most unpleasant physical experiences I have ever had and that includes appendicitis so I would understand not being particularly keen on getting an equivalent.

I get injections in my eyeball once a month and would highly recommend if you're looking for incredibly unpleasant experiencea.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Just Another Lurker posted:

One of her grandfathers was in the Paras and the other fought for the Anti Treaty IRA during the Irish Civil War, she made her choice. :shrug:

edit: She also wants homeopathy in the NHS.

Huh I thought Homeopathy already was on the NHS but I just saw they finally stopped recommending it in 2017.

I went to a bunch of talks and debates on the whole thing around 2012 as I remember it being discussed a lot at the time (I think the law was being reviewed? Idk). The local Skeptical Society was big on trying to educate people on it and the sheer amount of money the NHS was wasting on homeopathic treatments.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Aramoro posted:

I get injections in my eyeball once a month and would highly recommend if you're looking for incredibly unpleasant experiencea.

Theres more unpleasant things to have happen to your eyeballs, owlfancier's posts for example.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
In the 1990s I paid £33 to the vet for some homeopathic treatment for one of my cats that he recommended. Didn't do diddly. I don't think placebo effect works on cats.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Solefald posted:

Huh I thought Homeopathy already was on the NHS but I just saw they finally stopped recommending it in 2017.

I went to a bunch of talks and debates on the whole thing around 2012 as I remember it being discussed a lot at the time (I think the law was being reviewed? Idk). The local Skeptical Society was big on trying to educate people on it and the sheer amount of money the NHS was wasting on homeopathic treatments.

I think royal charlie was lobbying the government for it because, to nobody's suprise, he's a giant loving moron. It was in the "black spider memos" which sounds much cooler than it actually is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
His brother's are called the "rock spider memos"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
King Chuck is still into Homeopathy

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/25/prince-charles-criticised-continuing-promote-homeopathy

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/the-unscientific-king-charles-iii-s-history-promoting-homeopathy-70544

My local Boots has a full aisle of homeopathic poo poo, must check them out for a laugh next time there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1708402522363195594

lol and lmao :allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 1, 2023