Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Gonna get homeopathically shitfaced rn by dissolving a shot of vodka in 2 litres of tapwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Gonna get homeopathically shitfaced rn by dissolving a shot of vodka in 2 litres of tapwater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnRUp9qVZ0

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

This is the real stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0 :kiss:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pistol_Pete posted:

Remember, like cures like :eng101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqGWTxwZEA

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Happy Irish Sea Border day to all who celebrate

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smellmycheese posted:

Happy Irish Sea Border day to all who celebrate

Let the smuggling era begin!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://x.com/S4NDY_1903/status/1708177209213497558?s=20

Good old Rangers fans

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

This guy was Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change in the coalition. Amazed he has the brass neck to lead a party. Mary be the most loathsome party leader.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Good old Rangers fans
That's just the "we have bones where our brainstem should be" community flag.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Let the smuggling era begin!

2023: Rishi is master of Britain, only the smol boat fleet stands before him, Irish oceans are now battlefields

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Just Another Lurker posted:

One of her grandfathers was in the Paras and the other fought for the Anti Treaty IRA during the Irish Civil War, she made her choice. :shrug:

That must have made for some very awkward family reunions.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is the last word cloud for Keith, from June last year:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

This is the last word cloud for Keith, from June last year:

Nice to know that the general public opinion is similar to what's ITT. The only difference if you created a word cloud just from UKMT would be a massive KIETH or "EURRGGJHH WET EGG" in the centre

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

dick, cock, bellend, communist

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

He's a communist responsible for average cocks is how I read that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

confused solid snake (???)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nice to know that the general public opinion is similar to what's ITT. The only difference if you created a word cloud just from UKMT would be a massive KIETH or "EURRGGJHH WET EGG" in the centre

I'd like to imagine it'd just be one word, oval office in font so large you can read it from Mars

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

domhal posted:

This guy was Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change in the coalition. Amazed he has the brass neck to lead a party. Mary be the most loathsome party leader.

He's the best one of the three on trans rights though, there's something.

Unless he's walked back on it like everything the piss diamonds do

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1708410898333753407

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1708402397297410536

:allears:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

The HS2 thing is really breaking through actually.

At work, NOBODY talks about politics in public meetings, it's just not done, as everyone in any managerial role seems to be a "responsible dad" type who just looks somewhat pained if you get too radical about anything. What I imagine Keir Labour to be basically.

In a 100 plus person all hands last week, someone was pitching a train related game, where incidentally you can drift trains round corners and jump between tracks like in some kind of fast and furious thing (don't ask how that works, game Devs are weird) one of the managers suddenly said something akin to "I bet we'll be able to build railways to the north in this game, unlike in the real world" And it pretty much derailed the meeting for a few to talk about HS2. This doesn't happen.

Of all bloody things to start breaking through to people... i guess it would be the London train commute for the corporate manager class. Ah yeah that makes sense doesn't it. gently caress.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao. Wooton taking onboard the advice he gives to others attempting to enter the UK and loving off back to the other side of the world permenantly. Sad.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
As a lurker of this thread and kiwi who lives in New Zealand please don't send him here jfc. We're just about to elect our most right wing goverment in my lifetime in a few weeks time and I didn't think things could get any worse.

Has he considered idk Australia?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Confusedslight posted:

As a lurker of this thread and kiwi who lives in New Zealand please don't send him here jfc. We're just about to elect our most right wing goverment in my lifetime in a few weeks time and I didn't think things could get any worse.

Has he considered idk Australia?

"send him"? He's returning there. You made him

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

Pushing one poll narrative over reality (there have been three other polls out over this weekend that have them around 20 points) was bollocks when it was done against Corbyn and bollocks when done against someone who's poo poo.

Believing a fantasy doesn't help anyone, especially when it's dropping everything to push the exact narrative The Spectator has on its home page right now lmao.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah by all accounts the Tories are desperate because the ruins of this country have become too obvious to people to ignore. Labour are winning in 2024 by default.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mesopotamia posted:

Pushing one poll narrative over reality (there have been three other polls out over this weekend that have them around 20 points) was bollocks when it was done against Corbyn and bollocks when done against someone who's poo poo.

Believing a fantasy doesn't help anyone, especially when it's dropping everything to push the exact narrative The Spectator has on its home page right now lmao.

Let me believe in a better Britain, one where Kieth doesn't win a landslide. Where's the harm?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: i want to kill roland barthes

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 1, 2023

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
The media really have done a sterling job of turning the middle class into the great enemy haven't they?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I know it's kind of low-hanging fruit, but I found these two reviews of the same art gallery exhibition, both in the Guardian, to be amusing:

Review #1 (https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...%20your%20show.): Frans Hals review – boring, lifeless portraits with flamboyant facial hair

quote:

Comprehensive collection of the 17th-century painter’s work aims to place him alongside Rembrandt and Vermeer, but his technically brilliant paintings are weirdly soulless
2/5 stars

Review #2 (https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2023/oct/01/frans-hals-national-gallery-london-review-a-joyful-dutch-master-gets-his-due): Frans Hals review – a joyful Dutch master in the spotlight

quote:

Often overshadowed by his contemporary Rembrandt, the 17th-century Haarlem artist is revealed to be a genius of the seemingly nonchalant yet telling portrait in this first showcase of his work in 30 years
5/5 stars

The first one in particular just reflects how incredibly dumb a lot of art criticism is. It can basically be summed up as "these paintings are technically incredible and innovative, but I just don't like them for some reason, so this exhibition is bad."

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Briefcase wankers love exactly two things - feeling important by saying they have a job in the city that pays London wages, and also saving money / not encountering black people by not living anywhere near London.

The loss of the ability to live even further away from London is a grave one for them.

What the gently caress is this post.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Mebh posted:

In a 100 plus person all hands last week, someone was pitching a train related game, where incidentally you can drift trains round corners and jump between tracks like in some kind of fast and furious thing (don't ask how that works, game Devs are weird)

Sounds like someone saw that meme from Initial D and decided to make it into a game

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MeinPanzer posted:

The first one in particular just reflects how incredibly dumb a lot of art criticism is. It can basically be summed up as "these paintings are technically incredible and innovative, but I just don't like them for some reason, so this exhibition is bad."
JonJon just enjoys making GBS threads on everything. Beginning to think it's a fetish at this point.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Reveilled posted:

Sounds like someone saw that meme from Initial D and decided to make it into a game

I would also play Need For Speed: London Underground.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
a 'breaking news' headline in 2023

:ughh:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I would also play Need For Speed: London Underground.

No lie, that's basically the pitch. Music track and all. Train customisation out the wazoo, exploding Train collisions, sadly it's tyool 2023 so it'd have golden train armour and a battle pass and thus be a pile of money grubbing arse despite the fun concept.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mebh posted:

No lie, that's basically the pitch. Music track and all. Train customisation out the wazoo, exploding Train collisions, sadly it's tyool 2023 so it'd have golden train armour and a battle pass and thus be a pile of money grubbing arse despite the fun concept.

Explain how 90's nostalgia is in right now and that translate to FMV. Your game needs Need for Speed Underground type FMV's to explain the seedy story of the illegal underground train racing world.

Like the intro to this game should almost be 1 to 1 recreation of this intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbboXrkZ6S0

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Reveilled posted:

The best solution to the trolley problem.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Possibly the least problematic part of Idiocracy that could come true

Prime Minister minor party leader Not Sure

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

serious gaylord posted:

What the gently caress is this post.

mental illness, 13 years of being ignored, not enough attention when a baby etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Skintos ITT

Just to let you know Iceland are doing one of their bonus card offers.

Usual offer: if you add £20 to your card they give you a £1.

Bonus offer: if you add £100 to your card between now and Nov 3rd, they will give you an extra £15 (to be paid out by Nov 24th - you have to use it by December 23rd, but all that means is the first £15 of anything you spend using that card will come out of the bonus first).

I'm NOT clear if you have to pay the £100 in one hit or whether it is a total across October (and bet the shop assistants won't know).

Ed: just had a confirmation message that you can spread the £100 payment in across the month don't have to pay all in one go.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/extra-christmas-cash/

Some of these other offers might be of value.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 1, 2023