Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My experience working in government with algorithms (we never called them AI, just "the system" or "the computer," but it was the same as any AI) was that it was just a faster way of denying people benefits on spurious grounds

And of course since the rest of the system (benefits distributed, legal oversight, hours worked by processing staff, etc) all had to renormalize around the new speed of processing, so the impact of it was to make new rules that made it harder for workers to explain things to applicants and more (and more indepth) forms for applicants to fill out.

Basically we used it as a tool for turning carbon emissions into "hassle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Atrocious Joe posted:

The specter of AI is heightening contradictions, not producing new ones. In many ways it seems to be a distraction, with people blaming the new technology for preexisting issues.

I think one can substantively disagree here. the issue is that “AI” is at or near the point where we can essentially commodify mental labor. while the changes it brings won’t be analogous to 1:1 with say, a mechanical loom and M->C->M’ of textiles, one of the biggest differences between now and then is that AI is building on a substrate of existing capitalist material relations. how much it will alter those existing conditions might not be so radical, but I think having human beings alienated not only from their labor, but from their very ideas, is going to be a very significant and very bad change

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Oglethorpe posted:

did we all just forget google glass?

Tech has no more original ideas.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ai just means ‘a computer’

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

so years after bytedance rolled out a general expression altering model for tiktok the global giant google finally achieves "paste content that's in the same spot in a nearly identical photo" technology

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
china stays winning

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

china stays winning

china isnt real. it was created by the cia in 1993 to pass nafta. you’ve been had!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

dr_rat posted:

Yeah but why just change it with other pictures of your dorky kids. While your in their changing things why not replace your kids with better quality kids than your own lovely ragtag kids. Every photo can then be you with the perfect family that you'll have no way of having in real life!

i gotta love photos losing weight as admissible evidence

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

FFT posted:

Given the use of the word "swap" in this context it seems more like a faster version of what you've been able to with Photoshop for ages where you just take a bunch of pictures then pick and choose the best faces since no one got it right in one picture. The only "AI" would be face detection and making the background consistent.

Like even from the kinda out-of-context time cropping it's clear that it's working off of a series of photos.

the only swap I know is SWAP.AVI

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

whath appened to that guy that had a cyber brain and went into a mcdonalds and ppl laughed at him like 10 years ago? he sdoing well?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lpzie posted:

whath appened to that guy that had a cyber brain and went into a mcdonalds and ppl laughed at him like 10 years ago? he sdoing well?

that man is elong musk. he died.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
1. he was just wearing a camera on his head
2. he wet himself in that mcdonalds after they told him to leave
3. yospos bithc

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1708509603988734230?s=20

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

cyber waifus imperil the master race

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
lol being named liberty

Anyway sounds like ai girlfriends are based and the best solution to incels

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
they won’t pose a threat unless they have physical holes

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

lol being named liberty

Anyway sounds like ai girlfriends are based and the best solution to incels

my friends' niece and nephew are named Liberty and Truth. their mother is a professor of law

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As long as they all encourage you to shoot members of the royal family with a crossbow I'm all for it. :colbert:

AI chatbot ‘encouraged’ man who planned to kill queen, court told

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I volunteer a lot so sometimes I meet people who have lost jobs and I met this guy who lost his job at google and he used to work for the google glass division and then he started working in their AI division. After he got fired his girlfriend dumped him. One time when we were volunteering he told me that deer kept eating all the plants in his garden and I told him to get a goose because it would scare away all the deer. He got a goose egg and he got it to imprint on him and now the goose literally just follows him around his yard and it attacks his neighbors and the other day he told me that the goose scared away a date by flying into her and biting her face. I ruined this nerd's life with a goose. Computers should be illegal. Thanks for listening.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"Get a goose" is maybe the worst advice I've ever heard

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

LuxuryLarva posted:

I volunteer a lot so sometimes I meet people who have lost jobs and I met this guy who lost his job at google and he used to work for the google glass division and then he started working in their AI division. After he got fired his girlfriend dumped him. One time when we were volunteering he told me that deer kept eating all the plants in his garden and I told him to get a goose because it would scare away all the deer. He got a goose egg and he got it to imprint on him and now the goose literally just follows him around his yard and it attacks his neighbors and the other day he told me that the goose scared away a date by flying into her and biting her face. I ruined this nerd's life with a goose. Computers should be illegal. Thanks for listening.

good work !

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Holy poo poo, you're a literal terrorist.

e: :honk:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

the sound of hundreds of thousands of cops shattering their iPhones all at once

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
:honk::honk::honk::honk::honk::honk::honk::honk::honk:

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

PostNouveau posted:

Even though I lowkey dislike the tech industry and think that tech workers have ruined my hometown by making everything too expensive I can see his humanity and will never tell him how I feel. He seems super sad on most days and has told me multiple times that even though he's been successful financially he's never really accomplished anything at work - that google got rid of every project he ever worked on - that his girlfriend only liked him because he had money. It seems like it's the only living thing that actually loves him even though it attacks the deliveryman and it leaves huge corklike turds all over his car's windshield that he has to pick out with his hands because he says they smear when he uses the wipers.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LuxuryLarva posted:

Even though I lowkey dislike the tech industry and think that tech workers have ruined my hometown by making everything too expensive I can see his humanity and will never tell him how I feel. He seems super sad on most days and has told me multiple times that even though he's been successful financially he's never really accomplished anything at work - that google got rid of every project he ever worked on - that his girlfriend only liked him because he had money. It seems like it's the only living thing that actually loves him even though it attacks the deliveryman and it leaves huge corklike turds all over his car's windshield that he has to pick out with his hands because he says they smear when he uses the wipers.

Lmfao again

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
all we need to do is convince musk, bezos, and zuck to get geese and capitalism will be over

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LuxuryLarva posted:

you have made this man a slave to a bird

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

in ancient times this would be grounds for exile from the Polis.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

LuxuryLarva posted:

LuxuryLarva posted:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I am in tears over here

Griz
May 21, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

a bird that lives like 30 years lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

uber_stoat posted:

in ancient times this would be grounds for exile from the Polis.

Or a seat beside the emperor

Griz posted:

a bird that lives like 30 years lmao

oh my loving god lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

LuxuryLarva posted:

lmao what the gently caress, you can just scare away deer by putting wind chimes all over the place, why on earth did you think "ah he should get the worst bird on the planet, that'll solve the deer problem"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LuxuryLarva posted:

He could have a dog right now, but instead, he's got a goose

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

He could have a dog right now, but instead, he's got a goose

Hell, they only live like 12 years

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Whirling posted:

lmao what the gently caress, you can just scare away deer by putting wind chimes all over the place, why on earth did you think "ah he should get the worst bird on the planet, that'll solve the deer problem"

Lmfao i am actuqlly dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

You tore down the feeble structures this man had managed to rebuild on the site of his destroyed life, and then you salted the ground afterwards. I salute you