Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

PostNouveau posted:

Losing every Shang Tsung match by timeout as I watch my fighter get juggled for 90 straight seconds does seem demoralizing

It also fits his kharacter really well.

What do you mean the scam artist has a timer scam option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm envious of anybody who has the ability to become proficient with more than one character at a time. It takes me like 500 matches with a single fighter to hold more than two combos in my brain or think "hey maybe I should mix in this low attack sometimes."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I'm envious of anybody who has the ability to become proficient with more than one character at a time. It takes me like 500 matches with a single fighter to hold more than two combos in my brain or think "hey maybe I should mix in this low attack sometimes."

I watched a match with SonicFox and someone who had beaten him in the grand finals of a big tournament the week before. And SonicFox was like "I really thought about switching to D'vorah between matches" and the guy was like "Let's see how it would have gone" and SonicFox proceeded to absolutely loving destroy him with D'vorah. Like, they had a game plan for one of the worst fighters in that meta ready to go.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I watched a match with SonicFox and someone who had beaten him in the grand finals of a big tournament the week before. And SonicFox was like "I really thought about switching to D'vorah between matches" and the guy was like "Let's see how it would have gone" and SonicFox proceeded to absolutely loving destroy him with D'vorah. Like, they had a game plan for one of the worst fighters in that meta ready to go.

To be fair SonicFox is magic. You can't expect mortals to match their standards.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

this is a hokuto no ken combo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair SonicFox is magic. You can't expect mortals to match their standards.

That is a good point I did just watch them beat WakaFlokaFlame blindfolded

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If there is anyone who is going to bust out the surprise Shujinko in a tournament anytime soon, it's SonicFox.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The real money store has updated.

Indiana Jones Cage bundle, which includes a Jurassic Park Doctor Grant palette swap.
Deadly Alliance Scorpion bundle.
Shang Tsung announcer.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPo-NxYC0Xc

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Has anyone been able to get a kameo brutality to work?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out

Cithen fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 29, 2023

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Cithen posted:

Has anyone been able to get a kameo brutality to work?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out

I cannot for the life of me get the Sub-Zero kameo one to work. Had a guy down to less than 2 hp out of 1050 and it still wouldn't trigger.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://youtu.be/dCMnOaVDQB4?si=WKLbe_U0SGp3CApa

this skin is fire (lol) but its premium 😑 kinda wish it was unlockable

edit: ive done the frost throw brutality

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Donnerberg posted:

The real money store has updated.

Indiana Jones Cage bundle, which includes a Jurassic Park Doctor Grant palette swap.
Deadly Alliance Scorpion bundle.
Shang Tsung announcer.

... did you say Shang Tsung announcer.

Granted, Johnny Cage as the announcer is just too perfect. But still.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I kept accidentally pulling out the Cyrax throw brutality because sometimes I mash buttons during throws lol. Lots of people with exploded faces on the way to finishing invasion mode. It's nice that NRS added the requirements for brutality's in the advanced move section. I was worried I would have to guess or start writing them down.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I've been struggling a lot with Scorpions first unlocked brutality, I think it might be bugged because after googling it I saw someone saying that even though you unlock it at Rank 3, it doesn't work until Rank 10. Anyone have anything they can offer to help?

It's the one where you need to throw and then do forward, down, back, up. Can't remember the name and I'm not at my Xbox atm to check

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

widespread posted:

... did you say Shang Tsung announcer.

Granted, Johnny Cage as the announcer is just too perfect. But still.

Yeah, they shot themselves in the foot by letting us get the best announcer this early. They need to make the announcer layout like gear, letting us pick randomized favorites.

Shang is really good. Sounds exactly as you'd think. Ketchup & Mustard have been streaming with him.

Datamined future kontent: There's supposedly a JK Simmons announcer too, which in a Cage-less world would be an instant sell if it's high energy JK.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 29, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Been playing a lot of online matches and despite the level of competition being unusually sweaty for an MK, I'm finding it much less tiltworthy than MK11. The damage that pretty much any character can do in this game is obscene, but it feels a lot fairer than "Geras presses 1 button for 350 damage, Shang Tsung forward rolls after a hard knockdown and now suddenly has advantage" hairpulling mechanics of MK11. The only thing that annoys me is that some character/kameo setups make you sit through a 10-minute cutscene just to finish their B&Bs. Meanwhile, my honorable, righteous Ashrah's combos are tidy and precise. I don't know what's worse, actually. Long combos are irritating to watch but give you more time to plan, fast combos keep you in the game but suddenly you've lost 40% of your lifebar in 3 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/HVZHngZ.mp4

I love the way Ashrah moves through the air. Can love bloom on the battlefield?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
If you use the uppercut booster before a tower, it applies to every floor

The armadillo covers its face with its little claws if you brutality in front of it :3

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 29, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

X JAKK posted:

If you use the uppercut booster before a tower, it applies to every floor

All the "next fight" boosters do, I think

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Servers are down. P1 advantage fix probably incoming.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Well crap, the server issues were unrelated to the patch and now they're not going to push it out today like they planned. Supposed to be early next week now.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1707937655265108397

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

TIL that if you just upblock the second hit of Mileena's sai teleport she's like -69 billion and out 2 bars of meter.

Stupacabra
Nov 11, 2021

read Merry Hell
I cannot pull off Kung Lao's "spin cycle" brutality for the life of me. The instructions seem clear but then... they don't work. I'm not sure what nuance I'm missing.

As a result I have no choice but to give the game 1 out of 10.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

exquisite tea posted:

TIL that if you just upblock the second hit of Mileena's sai teleport she's like -69 billion and out 2 bars of meter.

I haven't played with the upblock, really at all tbh. Does it open you up to mids or anything?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Unbound posted:

I haven't played with the upblock, really at all tbh. Does it open you up to mids or anything?

Nah it blocks mids as normal, but it does have a bit of recovery and IIRC if you get thrown while doing an up block you can't counter out of it.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Perestroika posted:

Nah it blocks mids as normal, but it does have a bit of recovery and IIRC if you get thrown while doing an up block you can't counter out of it.

I suppose that makes sense. Def something I should try to get into the habit of doing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

this guy was kinda scrubby and shadowkicked on every wakeup I mean awww yeah look at these fukkin' reads! :hellyeah:

https://i.imgur.com/sjMUXBN.mp4

First time I've ever landed that uppercut conversion in KL.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

The more I play this the more I like the speed and rhythm of the game over MK11. But I gotta say, sub-zero, and scorpion all got kinda weak rear end fatalities compared to the last game. Just really uncreative stuff. And give me their classic costumes already, goddamnit.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Yo that sonya mk3 skin :eyepop:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

G-III posted:

The more I play this the more I like the speed and rhythm of the game over MK11. But I gotta say, sub-zero, and scorpion all got kinda weak rear end fatalities compared to the last game. Just really uncreative stuff. And give me their classic costumes already, goddamnit.

Kameo Sub and Scorpion have absolutely baller fatalities. Agree on the main ones, though I do like Scorpion's UMK3 riff with the netherealm gang bang.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
The Scorpion UMK3-esc one is one of the best fatalities in the game and I will die on this hill.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Its quite irksome how Geras can combo into the sand guy throws but they always miss

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This game is great but I really hate Kameos. They're actively sucking a lot of the fun out of this game for me at the moment.

I'm also really getting tired of this game giving me specials when I'm not inputting those commands. I don't have the cleanest inputs but I haven't played a single other fighter that just gives me random moves like MK1 ones. It's like I constantly have a 10% chance to throw out something I don't want. Gonna find a cable for my PS4 pad and see if that helps at all.

On the plus side, Smoke is fun, and I like dabbling with Reiko on the side. Somebody told me to kill myself my first game as Smoke, 10/10 experience.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MK is a negative edge game by default. If you keep flubbing your inputs and/or don't know what negative edge means, I'd recommend turning that off.

Going into Practice Mode and looking at your input history can be very illuminating. Most of the time if there's some combo I keep messing up, it's usually because I'm pressing or not pressing some directional button at the right time, or cancel into my special too early. What your brain thinks your hands are doing don't always sync up with reality.

I wasn't won over by Kameos at first but I think they're really great. Their flexibility and sheer amount of game mechanics you can straight up break are amazing, and people are only beginning to scratch the surface of what is possible. They also solve most of MK's most annoying problems with variations and counterpick doh-see-doh.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

exquisite tea posted:

Going into Practice Mode and looking at your input history can be very illuminating. Most of the time if there's some combo I keep messing up, it's usually because I'm pressing or not pressing some directional button at the right time, or cancel into my special too early. What your brain thinks your hands are doing don't always sync up with reality.

There was a bunch of times early on that I was dropping combos and not doing what I input. Then I realized I literally wasn't pressing the buttons to do the things. I thought I was but my fingers weren't even moving. Was a weird realization

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

MK is a negative edge game by default. If you keep flubbing your inputs and/or don't know what negative edge means, I'd recommend turning that off.

I wasn't won over by Kameos at first but I think they're really great. Their flexibility and sheer amount of game mechanics you can straight up break are amazing, and people are only beginning to scratch the surface of what is possible. They also solve most of MK's most annoying problems with variations and counterpick doh-see-doh.

I had negative edge turned off but also just noticed the input length option, so I'm changing that and hoping for the best.

Edit: Also need to plug in my ps4 controller, xbox pad is NOT it

Also I wanted to ask y'all, are you guys getting matches against people with zero game sense but then absolutely massive combos? I'm literally sweeping people like 10 times in a row then watch them put out massive damage without ever dropping it.

Not salt (I'm winning most of these), I'm just REALLY confused.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 1, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yes, in the opening weeks of a fighting game it's totally normal to beat on some dude for 3 games in a row because he's never heard of blocking then get blown up for 500 damage because you stepped into his one preprogrammed kombo kondition.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Learning cool combos is fun, and the frustration of never landing those combos in online matches will encourage players to block and such after a string of losses

Citation: [me]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I reject learning lessons from my failures and will instead say terrible things to strangers who are forced to hear my voice