Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Shinji2015 posted:

Only consolation is that the Bears will absolutely waste it

If it somehow isn't MHJ they've lost the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Eat poo poo Saints! Bucs bitch! Baker best NFCS QB!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Glad we could get Winston in there to throw a pick at the end

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hahahhahahahahhahaha Jameis

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Glad we could get Winston in there to throw a pick at the end

:discourse:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ordered chinese last night and it came with a giant brown paper bag. Got my superfan outfit for the year taken care of.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hahahhahahahahhahaha Jameis

Dying laughing

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

im kinda fine with just winning 3 more games this year and getting allen fired and the team rebuilt.

Sadly I don’t think that will get Allen fired.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Baker is the best QB in the NFCS and it’s not close

Faint praise I know but I said what I said

He’s got the best play caller at least. Carr is not as bad as this off brand Sean Payton offense is making him look.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

ozymandius1024 posted:

but I will say with certainty that I miss a time when David Tepper didn't own this loving team.

ozymandius1024 posted:

I don't long for Jerry Richardson

wait...aren't those literally the only two people that have ever owned the Panthers?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

GD_American posted:

wait...aren't those literally the only two people that have ever owned the Panthers?

yeah he means they both suck and we'd be happier just being displaced steelers fans like the rest of north carolina already is.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Congrats, Bucs, on beating a bunch of old men led by a coward

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saints look like poo poo

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

zimbomonkey posted:

Of course it was. Every single goddamn thing this team has done since Tepper bought it has been to turn a quick profit and to try to do it overnight. Let's bring in Matt Rhule because he turned Baylor around really fast! Let's fix it with Teddy Bridgewater! Let's fix it with Sam Darnold! Let's fix it with Deshaun Watson! Let's fix it with Matthew Stafford! Let's trade up and fix it with Matt Corral! Not to mention turning the field into fake turf and endangering his players' long term health so he can host Kenny Chesney concerts.

But this year is the coup de grace of poo poo. After setting up a coaching staff that is built for the long haul, with the skills to develop any QB, what does Tepper do? Goes out and trades the future to draft the one guy that already hit his ceiling because he'll be able to "win now."

edit: oh and baker! How did I forget Baker?

Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating, and it's showing in crowd attendance. Carolina has never had the greatest home crowd, but there was a ton of purple in the crowd today. I imagine that's what a lot of home games are going to look like going forward. People don't want to watch this poo poo, it's not even funny to watch. It's boring.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Oh I think that's absolutely a given, and something that I take solace in.

If any of these tanking teams get the number one pick, then Caleb Williams decides to go back to school, I will never stop laughing.

I think it's a given at this point

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Congrats, Bucs, on beating a bunch of old men led by a coward

thanks!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

This whole division is so boring this year. Boring teams making boring plays. Baker is the most interesting thing happening but the Bucs offense isn’t exactly exciting despite him occasionally doing something fun.

Just miserable to watch all around.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1708574720239534138?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I'll co-sign that.

Hearing Saints and Falcons fans saying that their teams are poo poo gave me a good chuckle, knowing that they both easily handled the Panthers.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This whole division is so boring this year. Boring teams making boring plays. Baker is the most interesting thing happening but the Bucs offense isn’t exactly exciting despite him occasionally doing something fun.

Yeah, Saints/Panthers was probably the most boring game I've watched all season so far. It's like we all collectively decided that boring football is our identity as a division

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'll co-sign that.

Hearing Saints and Falcons fans saying that their teams are poo poo gave me a good chuckle, knowing that they both easily handled the Panthers.

you know the saying, poo poo rolls down hill? The panthers are on the bottom of the hill with the bears. Saints and falcons are slightly higher.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating, and it's showing in crowd attendance. Carolina has never had the greatest home crowd, but there was a ton of purple in the crowd today. I imagine that's what a lot of home games are going to look like going forward. People don't want to watch this poo poo, it's not even funny to watch. It's boring.

This is the biggest sin, honestly -- at least be interesting and entertaining when you lose, goddamn. The Hornets have managed to accomplish this; the Panthers can too. poo poo, we were still pretty bad in the early Cam years, but it was always worth tuning in to see what he would do, what Luke would do, etc. We have no interesting or entertaining faces of the franchise right now, so that and the lack of draft excitement means it's just a miserable slog.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zimbomonkey posted:

yeah he means they both suck and we'd be happier just being displaced steelers fans like the rest of north carolina already is.
Hey! HEY!

There's also the occasional Washington fan out east.

edit: And yeah there are a lot of Steeler fans in NC.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 1, 2023

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Hey! HEY!

There's also the occasional Washington fan out east.

Yeah but i don't know if I would call washington a fanbase that has been happy over the last 20+ years

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RumbleFish posted:

This is the biggest sin, honestly -- at least be interesting and entertaining when you lose, goddamn. The Hornets have managed to accomplish this; the Panthers can too. poo poo, we were still pretty bad in the early Cam years, but it was always worth tuning in to see what he would do, what Luke would do, etc. We have no interesting or entertaining faces of the franchise right now, so that and the lack of draft excitement means it's just a miserable slog.
Yeah, Cam went 0-4 his rookie season but IT WAS FUN. Frustrating, but fun! This is "uhh first and goal from the 3 let's just run it"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

starting to feel like the panthers should have hired the guy they were winning games with instead of the guy who got fired mid-season in indy

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

starting to feel like the panthers should have hired the guy they were winning games with instead of the guy who got fired mid-season in indy

The guy who's in SF now and is DC for one of the best defenses in the league? Why would Tepper give the only HC to go .500 under his ownership another chance?!

Now, the guy who was fired mid-season and replaced by Jeff Saturday, that's a sexy pick

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

But you see, Frank Reich had a *plan* when he interviewed. Look at all these amazing coaches he brought with him!

Who cares if some dude is winning games with Sam Darnold and PJ Walker at QB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Pretty sure all the Panthers fans were hyping up Reich and his all star coaching staff.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Pretty sure all the Panthers fans were hyping up Reich and his all star coaching staff.

I'm an eternally optimistic kook-aid drinker in the off-season (every off-season), so that's entirely possible.

The prevailing opinion at the end of last season was that Wilks should definitely get a full-time shot though, and that he had earned it even taking stinker in Tampa into account.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

having a memory is a superpower in football

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think it's too early to write off Reich tho. He needs a few more drafts to add talent.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

I thought Reich was a decent hire despite the way his time in Indy ended. Looking like Colts fans were right about him though.

That said I get not wanting to hire a retread DC as head coach to bring your #1 pick QB along. Offensive HC was the right choice, they just picked the wrong one.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I think you guys have it all wrong w/r/t Frank.

Frank was kind of an obvious hire and the start of a smart plan. You would get Frank in, he would have this world beating coaching staff, even if he doesn't work out you theoretically have a staff beneath him that could take over including a candidate in Evero that you could promote. He is the perfect person to bring along a qb slowly and then if it doesn't work, you're probably not looking too bad. Then we went and got a low ceiling guy with no potential because he theoretically didn't need coaching. If Tepper is a person that's building for the long haul then Reich makes sense even if he isn't the greatest coach himself. But Tepper isn't from a world where you can take losses while you build up to wins. He has to turn everything around right now and doesn't have time for building a solid foundation. That's not gonna work in the NFL.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i want to talk more about how antoine winfield jr. fuckin rules

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That game was so bad I took a three hour nap afterwards. I enjoyed the nap way more.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

That game was so bad I took a three hour nap afterwards. I enjoyed the nap way more.

We must've watched different games because that poo poo was great!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

We must've watched different games because that poo poo was great!

We both agree that it was poo poo.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

kidcoelacanth posted:

i want to talk more about how antoine winfield jr. fuckin rules

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
gonna laugh when baker takes the buccs to the playoffs easily

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What the hell was Cam Jordan doing in the Bucs locker room after the game?

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1708580238211362951?t=wvc5ndSRZ91jgCkNpmD1IQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

What the hell was Cam Jordan doing in the Bucs locker room after the game?

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1708580238211362951?t=wvc5ndSRZ91jgCkNpmD1IQ&s=19

HEY SAINTS FAN

HEY SAINTS FAN