Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I was walking through the city centre earlier and heard a protest so I went over to check it out. Turns out it was in support of Bully XL dogs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Skarsnik posted:

Crystal Penis more like

imagine what my avatar was supposed to be

until I realised there is yet another charge for that s**t lmao this site is terrible

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can swear you know

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
idk censorship seems funnier

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

DreddyMatt posted:

Yeah, there's definitely this too. Like, I'd argue that maybe currently class is more divided along cultural norms than how you earn your money.

You can be wage dependent but only drink red wine and shop at Waitrose and that's more a signifier that you're middle class rather than an electrician with 2 vans and 4 employees that drinks Stella, and still considered working class.

See also posts like:

Flat roof pub (with at George's cross in the window) screams working class, but here that's coded 'bad', compared to other posts where middle being class is terrible.
It's a minefield

um you can categorise people however you like and you'll find every category has its share of cunts

take UKMT posters, for example :)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Crystal Thenis posted:

there are definitely parts of Birmingham that white people should not be walking through at night

silly Middle Englander

uh huh and what parts would these be then

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Crystal Thenis posted:

imagine what my avatar was supposed to be

but it's right there???

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Julio Cruz posted:

uh huh and what parts would these be then

alum rock
bordesley green
probably wouldn’t toss about in ladywood either

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
and thanks for the free avatar

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Crystal Thenis posted:

alum rock
bordesley green
probably wouldn’t toss about in ladywood either

these would be the "sharia law no-go zones" the Mail likes to shriek about, correct?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
if you come round my way you're getting a kicking as well :hehe:

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Julio Cruz posted:

these would be the "sharia law no-go zones" the Mail likes to shriek about, correct?

just not very fun places

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Crystal Thenis posted:

just not very fun places

bit urban?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Crystal Thenis posted:

just not very fun places

Not fun places for all white people, or just not fun places for racist white people?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
I was coming home from London on the national express and we stopped at Birmingham bus station for 10 minutes.
In that time I saw a fight break out by the chip van outside.
Definitely a no go area

DreddyMatt fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 1, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
A CHIP VAN, NORMAN!!!!

loool

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Crystal Thenis posted:

just not very fun places

only for white people, though? maybe we're inherently worse at having fun I guess

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Maybe it was hot dogs or burgers. Who can remember?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
bit of bare knuckle boaxing while you're waiting for your chips is just considered good manners in some parts round here

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Not for a middle class soul like me.
Straight back on the bus

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm a cripple who hasn't been anywhere for 17 years, but prior to that I lived and worked all over Europe. I visited the dodgiest estates at night in towns and cities across Europe to score weed from people with a different skin colour than me, and not a single place on my travels has ever felt like a no-go zone because of my own skin colour. When I first moved to Paris, I didn't even speak the language, yet I felt comfortable taking the metro up to the Northern ghetto estates at night to score quality hash from strangers in dark alleyways. Not once did I ever encounter trouble and not once was I targeted because I'm white.

So this bullshit that there are no-go zones in Birmingham, or anywhere else in the UK, is literally that. I can understand why racist cunts might feel uncomfortable visiting such areas themselves, but that's down to their own bigotry, ignorance and hatred. Not everyone is a racist oval office.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

DreddyMatt posted:

I was coming home from London on the national express and we stopped at Birmingham bus station for 10 minutes.
In that time I saw a fight break out by the chip van outside.
Definitely a no go area

did one of them say "ahhh want mahh fookin chips" and end up in an increasingly less credible storyline that ends with them riding a tank shell home after fighting the army and forcing the closure of the M62?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

DreddyMatt posted:

Not for a middle class soul like me.
Straight back on the bus

how did you know you were middle class though?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
this free avatar is awesome.

you guys are daft c**ts consistently and get nothing. I truly feel welcomed ☺️

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

fuctifino posted:

I'm a cripple who hasn't been anywhere for 17 years, but prior to that I lived and worked all over Europe. I visited the dodgiest estates at night in towns and cities across Europe to score weed from people with a different skin colour than me, and not a single place on my travels has ever felt like a no-go zone because of my own skin colour. When I first moved to Paris, I didn't even speak the language, yet I felt comfortable taking the metro up to the Northern ghetto estates at night to score quality hash from strangers in dark alleyways. Not once did I ever encounter trouble and not once was I targeted because I'm white.

So this bullshit that there are no-go zones in Birmingham, or anywhere else in the UK, is literally that. I can understand why racist cunts might feel uncomfortable visiting such areas themselves, but that's down to their own bigotry, ignorance and hatred. Not everyone is a racist oval office.

lmao dude please go down to these places at 2am

talk to the local crackheads about Paris

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

NotJustANumber99 posted:

how did you know you were middle class though?

It's more of a vibe than anything material

I wanted nothing to do with those ruffians

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Crystal Thenis posted:

lmao dude please go down to these places at 2am

talk to the local crackheads about Paris

You really are an ignorant oval office. That's the 93eme. And yes, I was sometimes there on my own during the early hours. Not once did I ever feel unsafe or unwelcome.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

who lit a lib dem signal to get them all riled up in here?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ro5s posted:

who lit a lib dem signal to get them all riled up in here?

It's just people laughing the little-englander who thinks there are no-go zones in the UK for white people

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Birmingham Coach Station was proper flashy last time I was there, all glass and chrome. Guess it was probably 10+ years ago now.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
This was like 2002
Glad to hear they've cleaned up their act

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Crystal Thenis posted:

ploughed money from a windfall into stocks and shares, calls himself working class

you silly sods live on another planet in here

Yeah my dad killing himself and leaving me enough to stick in an ISA for an eventual house deposit and buy some decent camera gear really felt like winning the lottery

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think the only time I've really felt uncomfortable about my skin colour was when I was videoing the speeches in the middle of a huge EDL protest in Plymouth. I felt uncomfortable that people thought I was one of them by association.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

josh04 posted:

Birmingham Coach Station was proper flashy last time I was there, all glass and chrome. Guess it was probably 10+ years ago now.

digbeth isn’t bad at all

our best music venues are around the corner from there

alum rock has costco i guess. when our council went bankrupt there were people attacking traffic wardens on Stratford road, one of the main roads into town, saying that ‘the government has no legal right here anymore’.

I love brum but it’s hilarious to see some housebound out of towner pretend this is a woke haven lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Crystal Thenis posted:

some housebound out of towner

what do you mean here?

seems... cunty?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you feel uncomfortable going into a part of the city because all the faces you'll see there are brown, that's not on anyone but you you racist oval office. I'm as white as they come, never had trouble in Ladywood at any time of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Crystal Thenis posted:

I love brum but it’s hilarious to see some housebound out of towner pretend this is a woke haven lol
I've got quite a few friends who live in Birmingham. They live in very cosmopolitan and diverse (aka cheap) parts of the the city and none of them have mentioned there being no-go areas for white people. I'm sure they would have mentioned them had they existed outside the narrow-minded racist brain of yours.

They don't exist ;)