Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Fox cut away and is making me watch the cowboys/patriots, which, I guess I'm rooting for mutual annihiliation here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
These refs are unbelievable

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vengarr posted:

These refs are unbelievable

It was 100% grounding.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Worst 4-0 team of all time

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eagles 4-0 gently caress the WFT gently caress the Cowboys GO Birds.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Still sucks losing to Eagles and being 2-2.

On the other hand, nah.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Peak clownball

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Serious AJ Brown sighting today. Great to see him being so heavily involved. Not sure where the defense was though and give Washington and Howell some serious credit for the great game they played.

4-0, fuckers. And we still haven't played our best football yet.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

jesus gently caress Eagles

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
well that was an unfortunate ending.

But I'm sure liking this Sam Howell kid

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

He needs more seasoning but is headed in the right direction. Our O line is still putrid garbage too.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

predicto posted:

Imagine if we had a good O line.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

pro starcraft loser posted:

Imagine if we had a good O line.

I also imagine unicorns and leprechauns

just as likely

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Howell definitely bounced back in a big way from a lovely performance last week. Can only hope it’s a sign of good things to come, not an indicator that he’s going to be wildly inconsistent.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They need to ban that push play. It’s awful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

davecrazy posted:

Why?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Its awful that it makes people sad that they haven't figured out how to stop it yet.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

It's an ugly, annoying play to watch but I don't see any reason to ban it really

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Tom Brady had an insane sneak rate, too. The real trick to stopping it is not letting the team get in short yardage situations. A QB sneak ain't gonna do poo poo on 4th and 5.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the most annoying teams in the world, like these Eagles and the Tom Brady Patriots, are very good at QB sneaks. this is not coincidental. the play should be outlawed and Hurts should be kicked out of the NFL for good measure

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The raiders did it to score a TD earlier. v:shobon:v

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

davecrazy posted:

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Imagine just barely beating the Washington footballs.. lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Pats just failed to execute it, which is hilarious.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
If Washington had pulled it out in OT, the discourse about that final eagles regulation drive would be everywhere. It was extremely close to costing the eagles that game in a hilarious fashion. Really should have just run it a few times and then kicked the almost guaranteed field goal to win rather than give it back to Washington with a minute and a half and one time out.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the commanders win if they go for two at the end there. eagles are frauds

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Pats just failed to execute it, which is hilarious.

You have to consider jalen hurts, who is good at football and is built like a brick shithouse, vs mac jones, who is bad at football and is not

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rogue Elephant posted:

You have to consider jalen hurts, who is good at football and is built like a brick shithouse, vs mac jones, who is bad at football and is not

O'Connell on the Raiders is not, and he did it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how is it more annoying to watch than any other short yardage run. oh it's Justin Herbert with his twelve inch vertical pushing the ball over the pile wow that's cool right. No. they're all boring and suck. I'd support a rule that any run gaining less than 2 yards results in a 5 yard penalty, but banning a specific short yardage run play is stupid

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rogue Elephant posted:

It's an ugly, annoying play to watch but I don't see any reason to ban it really

correct stance. its football. eat poo poo haters

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Olanphonia posted:

If Washington had pulled it out in OT, the discourse about that final eagles regulation drive would be everywhere. It was extremely close to costing the eagles that game in a hilarious fashion. Really should have just run it a few times and then kicked the almost guaranteed field goal to win rather than give it back to Washington with a minute and a half and one time out.

Then they almost did the same thing in OT before getting the yardage back after the intentional grounding call.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ron Rivera is a huge coward for not going for 2 at the end.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
McCarthy calls his offense the "Texas Coast" offense because it coasts down to the red zone, and then settles for a field goal

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That was an ugly win in a trap game that shouldn’t have been one.

But the only word that counts in that previous sentence is “win” so v:shobon:v

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

McCarthy calls his offense the "Texas Coast" offense because it coasts down to the red zone, and then settles for a field goal

Under Kellen Moore, Dallas had the #1 most efficient red zone offense in football.

They currently have 1 TD in their last 10 red zone opportunities.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
There's nothing wrong with the tush push thing, it's legal, the Eagles are good at it, the onus is on defenses to figure it out

even if they banned it Hurts would probably get most sneaks

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL at the Belichik facepalm there

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Febreeze posted:

There's nothing wrong with the tush push thing, it's legal, the Eagles are good at it, the onus is on defenses to figure it out

even if they banned it Hurts would probably get most sneaks

yuuuup, all this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tush push banned. Eagles go from 99.97% success on sneaks to a flat 98%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MrMojok posted:

LOL at the Belichik facepalm there

https://i.imgur.com/2AYNO9N.mp4