Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What if the next time they do fall for it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's so funny because whatever Z-tier color guy was working today's game was immediately like "Yeah pass rushers in 2023 are just not gonna get tricked on the playaction on this play" and Getsy has called it, seen it not work, and continued to call it so many times

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Dexo posted:

Like Justin obviously should hold on to the ball, but dear god loving stop calling that loving play

But it might work next time! You gotta give it a chance!

Why yes, Justin Fields did run over my dog.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

It's so funny because whatever Z-tier color guy was working today's game was immediately like "Yeah pass rushers in 2023 are just not gonna get tricked on the playaction on this play" and Getsy has called it, seen it not work, and continued to call it so many times

If Justin wasn't a 1% of 1% athlete it would have a 100% failure rate, Justin has made it work before, but only because it's theoretically possible if the defender hesitates at all for Justin to make them look stupid.

If they don't hesitate and just hit him then yeah he's hosed.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Dak has seemed like a fraud for a season and change. I’d like to see it in person.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Gonz posted:

A 50/50 raffle during the first half to determine which lucky fan gets to be the executioner executed in this situation.

FTFY

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Get Bears legends to hunt them down in an enclosed maze, ala The Running Man.

Devin Hester with a huge flamethrower, putting lucky Bears fans out of their misery whilst cracking punny one-liners.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I just saw hahahahahhahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s okay when the bears said that Claypool stayed home by choice, they actually meant the opposite

Nobodies perfect

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Chase Claypool was right

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

At the state of Bears Fandom where I am legitimately wondering if Justin Fields can sue the Bears organization

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Tanking the value of the guy you're trying to trade who has already had his value tanked. The mark of a genius front office.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I just have no words. I am looking forward to the Bears ruining Caleb Williams. Please trade Fields away for his own good.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

At the state of Bears Fandom where I am legitimately wondering if Justin Fields can sue the Bears organization

There are mountains of evidence in his favor.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

If Justin wasn't a 1% of 1% athlete it would have a 100% failure rate, Justin has made it work before, but only because it's theoretically possible if the defender hesitates at all for Justin to make them look stupid.

If they don't hesitate and just hit him then yeah he's hosed.

At this point I kind of want to see someone like Peterman run this play and see him sacked into the afterlife. Just an "oh, so that's what happens without fields superhuman abiliities" example

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

Khalil Mack has 5 sacks today, is that more painful for the Bears or the Raiders?

I guess in a literal sense, the Raiders.

Finished with 6.

Nicholas Morrow had 10 tackles and 3 sacks for the Eagles today and cost a fraction of what the Bears paid 2 linebackers who suck.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Like Poles has to he treading on worst GM of all time territory.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I really just want to see how many first overall picks the Bears can keep amassing and then still find ways to have the worst record in football.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
The most valuable thing in the NFL is 1st overall picks, by getting the most of them Poles will prove he's the best GM

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Nah, he at least has the decency of not both being poo poo at talent eval and mortgaging the future.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Niwrad posted:

How quickly we forget Ryan Pace

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

How quickly we forget Ryan Pace

Pace was infinitely better. He at least brought in some talent.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Niwrad posted:

How quickly we forget:
[url]https://funnyordie.com/2011/10/12/26591/millenball/[/url] nevermind, I guess they killed the millenball video.

Parallelwoody fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 2, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A few hours ago I took a break from some gaming to check on the Bears score. They were 28-0 and Fields had like a perfect passer rating. People were posting excitedly and saying it was a get-right game and things would maybe start to look up from here now, even if it sucked that the Panthers winning would mean lower draft picks.

I come back just now. I see that the Bears still have 28 points.

And it's the end of the world.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bears fans I'm so sorry.

Chris James 2 posted:

there's a new Netflix Mike Flanagan miniseries next week, those always rule

Oh hey I forgot about this, good call. A little sad that Midnight Society is ending on an unresolved cliffhanger but oh well.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Niwrad posted:

Pace was infinitely better. He at least brought in some talent.

He drafted Leonard Floyd over Laremy Tunsil because a video emerged of him smoking weed. He traded up for Mitch Trubisky with Mahomes on the board. He hired Matt Nagy. He traded away Khalil Mack (6 sacks today btw). He drafted Kevin White. He drafted Adam Shaheen over George Kittle.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

xbilkis posted:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Every game I see I'm less convinced Fields is really bad or at least can't fix his mistakes. He's going to be an absolute steal as a backup next season for like 0 draft capital and it's all on the Bears coaching staff.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fields is entirely too athletic for his career to be over

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SKULL.GIF posted:

A few hours ago I took a break from some gaming to check on the Bears score. They were 28-0 and Fields had like a perfect passer rating. People were posting excitedly and saying it was a get-right game and things would maybe start to look up from here now, even if it sucked that the Panthers winning would mean lower draft picks.

I come back just now. I see that the Bears still have 28 points.

And it's the end of the world.

Hey it was a 28-7 lead they blew, not 28-0! :argh:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Fields is entirely too athletic for his career to be over

The Bears are going to give up on him and ruin Caleb Williams instead. I assume Fields will thrive wherever he lands.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He drafted Leonard Floyd over Laremy Tunsil because a video emerged of him smoking weed. He traded up for Mitch Trubisky with Mahomes on the board. He hired Matt Nagy. He traded away Khalil Mack (6 sacks today btw). He drafted Kevin White. He drafted Adam Shaheen over George Kittle.

Pace traded for Mack, Poles is the one that traded him away in exchange for a 2nd and a 6th.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pace traded for Mack, Poles is the one that traded him away in exchange for a 2nd and a 6th.

Oh yeah that was literally Poles' first move wasn't it.

I guess trying to compare the badness of Bears GMs is pretty futile anyway because they're all dogshit garbage.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jerry Angelo come back please?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears have been bad most of the time i've been following them (since mid-90s) but this is the worst they have ever been. just move the team to dubai or somewhere where i never have to hear about them again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If the Bears do end up with #1 and #2 in the draft, do you roll with Poles or do you get another GM to handle these picks?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is extremely funny that an NFL team whose players by definition are made up of the most psychotically motivated people on the entire planet hired a guy whose revolutionary coaching system is "they don't try hard enough."

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is extremely funny that an NFL team whose players by definition are made up of the most psychotically motivated people on the entire planet hired a guy whose revolutionary coaching system is "they don't try hard enough."

Yeah that's why I've hardbough had to leave the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chase Claypool is motivated psychotically but not in quite the way you'd think.