Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams still not very good, it’s going to be a long weird season

Zach Thomas shouldn't have been anywhere near the field tonight. Noteboom should have replaced Jackson at LT, then let Anchrum fill in for Noteboom at RG for the entire game.

I'm aware there's other issues, but the OL needed more help than it was getting tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shirts and skins posted:

well whatever, who wants a bluesky code

I already have a bluesky account.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mister Perky posted:

warms the heart to see Mostert proselytizing for The Runligion in another division

So let it be written, so let it be run.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Zach Thomas shouldn't have been anywhere near the field tonight. Noteboom should have replaced Jackson at LT, then let Anchrum fill in for Noteboom at RG for the entire game.

I'm aware there's other issues, but the OL needed more help than it was getting tonight.

How has Steve Avila looked so far? I wanted the hawks to draft him and some of podcasts have praised his games with the rams so far.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Perky posted:

warms the heart to see Mostert proselytizing for The Runligion in another division

I miss ol' Spicy Mostert, I really do.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I miss ol' Spicy Mostert, I really do.

We're pretty set at RB these days, but I do sometimes get nostalgic for 75-yard TD runs on the first play of the game.

I hope he gets hella paid.
I hope he stacks those stats.
I hope he follows Frank Gore into the HoF.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How has Steve Avila looked so far? I wanted the hawks to draft him and some of podcasts have praised his games with the rams so far.

Besides prime time games, I only get to watch RedZone and highlights, so my knowledge is limited. But from what I can tell, and I'm not an expert, I think he has played pretty well, especially for a rookie - I believe he's penalty free through the first three games.

I do know he played better than their replacement LT and current RG tonight. I'm comfortable with him at LG for sure.

I assume DariusLikewise can provide more in depth info as he sees all the games.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ken Griffey Jr. was at the Cards game as a media photographer.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mllaneza posted:

We're pretty set at RB these days, but I do sometimes get nostalgic for 75-yard TD runs on the first play of the game.

I hope he gets hella paid.
I hope he stacks those stats.
I hope he follows Frank Gore into the HoF.

So let it Written so let it be Run.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I know I'm risking it by mentioning the forbidden thing in TFF, but: I started mostert in my fantasy football match, my opponent had achane on his bench, and I rightfully won a match I should have lost specifically because I believed in the run, and he lacked faith.

Believe In The Run.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

Believe In The Run.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The gospel of the run knows no forbidden lands. It touches and purifies even the most accursed ground.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Manoueverable posted:

Really, the surest sign that I won't believe in the Hawks doing anything major this season is the fact that they got blown the gently caress out by the Rams.

I don't know if the Seahawks consistently underestimate the Rams, or the Rams always bring their A-game to the Seahawks, or some combination of both, but the Rams have always been able to beat the Hawks, even when the Rams were genuinely bad, and the hawks genuinely good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Rams coaches always have Pete's number

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Leperflesh posted:

Believe In The Run.

Amen

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man watching Goff play for the lions he seems to be going quite well. Is he just in a better fitting system in Detroit? What was he like to watch week in and out Rams fans?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
McVay got tired of babying him through the headset

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I am no stranger to throwing plenty of poo poo at Jamal Adams (actually more at how much the Seahawks have paid/traded for him despite his injury issues), but this is the best athlete press conference I have ever heard. He is brutally honest and emotional and I just can't help but root for him after this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc16pq7wSIM

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
No SOSAR this week, despite their best efforts :(

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
McCaffery on the Niners is unfair for the rest of the league.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

algebra testes posted:

Man watching Goff play for the lions he seems to be going quite well. Is he just in a better fitting system in Detroit? What was he like to watch week in and out Rams fans?

He honestly played pretty similarly. The Lions are probably a better team overall than the Rams were under him, but he's still similarly up and down. If you can protect him, he throws an accurate ball especially against man coverage when he can dial into his receiver, he'll often put it in the perfect place.

But he has negative mobility and can be relied upon to throw picks in zone relatively frequently. That being said he was far from terrible on that team, there were some insane games in that span like the one where Carson Wentz ruined his knee and the 40 something to 40 something win against the Chiefs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
AZ was very impressive. They look like they should win a handful of games this year.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
CMC, Purdy, Aiyuk are all absolute ballers

Hargrave is such a ridiculous addition to the defense

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Deebo, WR1, had more rushing yards than receiving.

:hmmyes:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mustached Demon posted:

Deebo, WR1, had more rushing yards than receiving.

:hmmyes:

Sounds like a man who should be promoted to the most honorable of positions.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Papercut posted:

CMC, Purdy, Aiyuk are all absolute ballers

Hargrave is such a ridiculous addition to the defense

They all had absurd days. Purdy threw 20/21 for 283 and a TD, 148 yards to Aiyuk, CMC just CMC'd all over the place 177 total yards and 4 TDs, and Hargrave had a sack. Calling this unfair is exactly right.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sorry about that, Cards.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Christian McCaffrey is a pretty good football player who honors The Run. Even though he went to Stanfurd.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

AZ was very impressive. They look like they should win a handful of games this year.

Worst Tank Ever.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Establishing the flight.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

algebra testes posted:

Worst Tank Ever.

They've already won one game, there's no catching up to the 2023 Bears for the #1 pick.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
josh dobbs is like. not bad. he should be the new fitzpatrick in terms of being just good enough to keep getting signed to teams that aren't happy with their starting qb but not good enough that whoever's employing him isn't trying to find someone better

also i can't believe i was concerned about how much they traded to get cmc. clearly i was not sufficiently respecting the run

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
also i have a troll-ish homer take about aiyuk that is getting progressively less ironic the more of these games he's stringing together and it's probably not going to be much longer until i feel bold enough to uncork it

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

josh dobbs is like. not bad. he should be the new fitzpatrick in terms of being just good enough to keep getting signed to teams that aren't happy with their starting qb but not good enough that whoever's employing him isn't trying to find someone better

also i can't believe i was concerned about how much they traded to get cmc. clearly i was not sufficiently respecting the run

Josh Dobbs is solid, he makes a lot of good throws and has enough mobility teams can't just sit in man every play against him. He's probably not as good as he's looked in these first four weeks where he's had help from the rushing attack. If the Cardinals can't run the ball I bet Dobbs looks like more of a wire pickup than he does right now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grozz Nuy posted:

clearly i was not sufficiently respecting the run

You must atone for your sins.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

also i have a troll-ish homer take about aiyuk that is getting progressively less ironic the more of these games he's stringing together and it's probably not going to be much longer until i feel bold enough to uncork it

Aiyuk is basically the only decent football player that’s come out of ASU in the last forever, and I will not have anyone mocking him!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It is a positive take about Aiyuk, to be clear

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, ok, sorry!

I remember when analysts thought that N’keal Harry was the future NFL star and Aiyuk was thought to be barely a starter, since both played together at ASU for a year. Lol. Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
On a team with Deebo Samuel, Aiyuk is the best receiver. Think about that.