Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I hate the Steelers offensive coordinator more than I hated Todd Haley. This mfer called another 4th and 1 pass, but this time his QB got hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

D-LINK posted:

I hate the Steelers offensive coordinator more than I hated Todd Haley. This mfer called another 4th and 1 pass, but this time his QB got hurt

Matt Canada seems bad

https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/status/1708553431986634757

e: lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

D-LINK posted:

Would be really hosed up if he got promoted and assigned to work even more closely on special projects with the QB

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao thats good subtle wikipedia trolling, people don't check the previews as diligently as they check the main pages

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Docjowles posted:

Would be really hosed up if he got promoted and assigned to work even more closely on special projects with the QB

That was fake news, as it turns out. He still should be fired

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit wrong thread

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Belichick should fire whomever put that roster together.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

His article also currently says "Canada also earned a masters degree in “running an NFL offense” from University of Phoenix" which :laffo:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

D-LINK posted:

That was fake news, as it turns out. He still should be fired

I’m legit glad to hear that because it had me questioning everything I thought I knew about the nfl

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

mcmagic posted:

Obviously there aren't enough black coaches or GMs but Ryans got a job pretty quickly, no? I think there is something to EB not interviewing well.

I hadn't heard him speak until recently, and someone shared a cool clip (I think in the AFCE thread?) of him gushing over the skills and awareness of a linebacker on the upcoming opponent's roster.

Bieniemy has a sublime voice, loved hearing him wax poetic on that player (even if it's a dirty player). And I wonder if assholes in front offices hear him speak in an interview and let a combination of institutional racism & stereotyping about his type of voice/personality not being "a leader of men on the gridiron" prejudice them into looking elsewhere.

Ah, here it is:

https://twitter.com/JennaCottrell/status/1704940475331891279

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I had the same reaction. I love listening to that man speak. “He interviews poorly” seems like it’s out the window for excuses.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

Disagree with this. Ben Johnson is the top candidate. EB has gotten like 19 interviews and no jobs..... You have to think there is a reason for that.

1A to 1B

The Chiefs do not look the same without Bieniemy. My only reservation was him being behind Reid and Mahomes to go with Matt Nagy's complete breakdown had me wonder. He's looking legit as hell right now. Granted we're talking about this in week 4 and poo poo can change.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Commies offense (mostly) hasn't been the problem for them this year

Great gameplan vs Philly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Everybody treated Sam Howell like a joke and Bieniemy has him looking competent to pretty good. He's so obviously the real deal at this point.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Benne posted:

Everybody treated Sam Howell like a joke and Bieniemy has him looking competent to pretty good. He's so obviously the real deal at this point.

Let him be the next head coach if the Jets.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Matt Milano is a piece of poo poo cheap shot artist. Bieniemy is wrong.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1A to 1B

The Chiefs do not look the same without Bieniemy. My only reservation was him being behind Reid and Mahomes to go with Matt Nagy's complete breakdown had me wonder. He's looking legit as hell right now. Granted we're talking about this in week 4 and poo poo can change.

I agree with your overall point but it’s not apples to apples.

2023 chiefs have a worse OL and a worse WR corp than the 2022 chiefs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1708622798388695057

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Bienemy is infamous in the league for being a hardass and working players very (too?) hard - it's the thing that keeps coming up about why he can't get a HC job

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

Bienemy is infamous in the league for being a hardass and working players very (too?) hard - it's the thing that keeps coming up about why he can't get a HC job

I remember there was an article not too long ago that went over how the Raiders basically sidestepping the Rooney rule when they hired Gruden showed the rest of the league there was no punishment for abusing/ ignoring the rule. Since then the hiring of black coaches has dropped off tremendously, Bienemy's first season as OC was Gruden's first year as Raiders coach. It's just racist old owners.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

syzpid posted:

I remember there was an article not too long ago that went over how the Raiders basically sidestepping the Rooney rule when they hired Gruden showed the rest of the league there was no punishment for abusing/ ignoring the rule. Since then the hiring of black coaches has dropped off tremendously, Bienemy's first season as OC was Gruden's first year as Raiders coach. It's just racist old owners.

The owners of the Bills and Cowboys literally said as much. But wasn’t it the Washington team that interviewed like a Assisstant Assistant Coach and then met the Rooney rule?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

D-LINK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtPjkSTZyE

We might get another one of these possibly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anderson Koopa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtPjkSTZyE

We might get another one of these possibly.
I miss Jay Cutler. And Kyle Orton. And and Fitzmagic.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Oh... Canada.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Failson posted:

Oh... Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYB6ZSwdrvM

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MikeCrotch posted:

Wasn’t there a mini media controversy about Bienemy being a hard-rear end earlier this year? I like the HC said Bienemy was a hardass and the media ran with it. And basically the players came out and said “yeah he’s tough but he gets the best out of us and wants the best for us”

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don’t think it’s *purely* racism that’s held Bienemy back (just mostly racism) but the “he’s too hard on players,” thing is so transparently stupid it’s hardly worth engaging with. You have this endless string of mediocre humorless white dipshits preaching about effort and grit and hustle and all that poo poo who land head coaching jobs but I’m supposed to believe that GMs and owners are worried about hiring a guy who will ask players to work hard?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd wager a nonzero number of franchises would give Matt loving Patricia another HC job over Bienemy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Wasn’t there a mini media controversy about Bienemy being a hard-rear end earlier this year? I like the HC said Bienemy was a hardass and the media ran with it. And basically the players came out and said “yeah he’s tough but he gets the best out of us and wants the best for us”

There was definitely a piece about Andy Reid running the hardest training camp in the NFL. I don’t recall anything about Bienemy but could have just missed it

https://theathletic.com/4769737/2023/08/18/andy-reid-chiefs-training-camp/?amp=1

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mega64 posted:

I'd wager a nonzero number of franchises would give Matt loving Patricia another HC job over Bienemy.

That doesn't mean that EB would be a good coach though. I think there is definitely some reason why he hasn't gotten a job other than race. Other minority jobs have gotten looks in the last 2 cycles at least.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

MikeCrotch posted:

That sounds like a bullshit excuse given how many white dudes get hired specifically BECAUSE they're hardasses.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah the excuses are, and always have been, bullshit. And I say that as someone who thought the questionable stuff at the college level was a legit reason to pass on him at one time.

Oh he's with Mahomes and Reid, so who knows how good he is? Didn't stop Nagy from getting a job. Too much of a hard rear end? Can I point you in the direction of basically the entire Belicheck coaching tree, with the somewhat ironic exception of Romeo Crennel?

Even if they're not consciously passing on him due to race there's obviously some kind of bias at play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Q_res posted:

Yeah the excuses are, and always have been, bullshit. And I say that as someone who thought the questionable stuff at the college level was a legit reason to pass on him at one time.

Oh he's with Mahomes and Reid, so who knows how good he is? Didn't stop Nagy from getting a job. Too much of a hard rear end? Can I point you in the direction of basically the entire Belicheck coaching tree, with the somewhat ironic exception of Romeo Crennel?

Even if they're not consciously passing on him due to race there's obviously some kind of bias at play.

Even if it's a race thing, I still wonder why guys like Vance Joseph, Demeco Ryan's, Robert Saleh, and Anthony Lynn got jobs before Bienemy

BabyJebus
Jan 19, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think he said that about himself, I’m not sure if any players ever said anything on record:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...iemys-intensity

“Yes, I am intense,” Bieniemy said. “Eric Bieniemy is who he is. Eric Bieniemy knows how to adapt and adjust. Eric Bieniemy is a tough, hard-nosed coach. But also understand, I’m going to be their biggest and harshest critic, but I’m also their No. 1 fan because I’ve got their back and I’m going to support them at all times.”

Other than Eric Bieniemy talking about himself in third person I didn’t think this was super interesting, but Rivera did have a press conference the next day to say he had put his foot in his mouth.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

Even if it's a race thing, I still wonder why guys like Vance Joseph, Demeco Ryan's, Robert Saleh, and Anthony Lynn got jobs before Bienemy

Because they interviewed better than he did for whatever reason!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i definitely would not hire a guy who talked about himself in the third person

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Eric Bienemy is getting upset!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bieniemy of the State

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

There has been some talk in the past about the racial issue particularly with the offensive side of the ball. Joseph, Ryans, and Saleh were all defensive coordinators before being head coaches. There aren’t a lot of minority offensive coordinators, and the only one I can think of from recent memory who got head coaching chances was Hue Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

There has been some talk in the past about the racial issue particularly with the offensive side of the ball. Joseph, Ryans, and Saleh were all defensive coordinators before being head coaches. There aren’t a lot of minority offensive coordinators, and the only one I can think of from recent memory who got head coaching chances was Hue Jackson.

Anthony Lynn