Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I can't stop giggling at what you did to that poor man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Taeke posted:

I can't stop giggling at what you did to that poor man

it's like he made a deal with an evil genie.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

The next step is obvious: convince him to get a coyote or bobcat to get rid of the goose.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

LuxuryLarva posted:

I volunteer a lot so sometimes I meet people who have lost jobs and I met this guy who lost his job at google and he used to work for the google glass division and then he started working in their AI division. After he got fired his girlfriend dumped him. One time when we were volunteering he told me that deer kept eating all the plants in his garden and I told him to get a goose because it would scare away all the deer. He got a goose egg and he got it to imprint on him and now the goose literally just follows him around his yard and it attacks his neighbors and the other day he told me that the goose scared away a date by flying into her and biting her face. I ruined this nerd's life with a goose. Computers should be illegal. Thanks for listening.

LuxuryLarva posted:

Even though I lowkey dislike the tech industry and think that tech workers have ruined my hometown by making everything too expensive I can see his humanity and will never tell him how I feel. He seems super sad on most days and has told me multiple times that even though he's been successful financially he's never really accomplished anything at work - that google got rid of every project he ever worked on - that his girlfriend only liked him because he had money. It seems like it's the only living thing that actually loves him even though it attacks the deliveryman and it leaves huge corklike turds all over his car's windshield that he has to pick out with his hands because he says they smear when he uses the wipers.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is there a gander pun we could use in the title now....

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cyberpunk goosetopia

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
if you gander long into the void, someone reinvents glasses for perverts

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Cyberpunk Dystopia: Blade Runner with Ryan Goose

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Biplane posted:

Lmfao again

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

apatheticman posted:

Is there a gander pun we could use in the title now....

what’s good for the goons is good for the gander

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUEXGaxFDA

Good video worth watching if you have the time.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Goose Goon Griefs Google Gardener

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

next convince him to cook and eat it to solve the problems the goose created. please record his crying while eating it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

LuxuryLarva posted:

I volunteer a lot so sometimes I meet people who have lost jobs and I met this guy who lost his job at google and he used to work for the google glass division and then he started working in their AI division. After he got fired his girlfriend dumped him. One time when we were volunteering he told me that deer kept eating all the plants in his garden and I told him to get a goose because it would scare away all the deer. He got a goose egg and he got it to imprint on him and now the goose literally just follows him around his yard and it attacks his neighbors and the other day he told me that the goose scared away a date by flying into her and biting her face. I ruined this nerd's life with a goose. Computers should be illegal. Thanks for listening.

LuxuryLarva posted:

Even though I lowkey dislike the tech industry and think that tech workers have ruined my hometown by making everything too expensive I can see his humanity and will never tell him how I feel. He seems super sad on most days and has told me multiple times that even though he's been successful financially he's never really accomplished anything at work - that google got rid of every project he ever worked on - that his girlfriend only liked him because he had money. It seems like it's the only living thing that actually loves him even though it attacks the deliveryman and it leaves huge corklike turds all over his car's windshield that he has to pick out with his hands because he says they smear when he uses the wipers.

lmfao good

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Cyberhonk Goosepoopia

also lmfao great job

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Imma eat the goose

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
The unnamed goose goon

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

LuxuryLarva posted:

Computers should be illegal.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

Whirling posted:

lmao what the gently caress, you can just scare away deer by putting wind chimes all over the place, why on earth did you think "ah he should get the worst bird on the planet, that'll solve the deer problem"

I really dislike almost everything about the tech industry but I'd be lying if it wasn't motivated by a lot of jealousy since many of those opportunities seem completely out of reach to me. I find a lot of tech people to be arrogant and sheltered and they tend to view themselves as the superego of society - like it's their job to discipline the world - and it grates on me. Adding to that the arrival of tech giants in my hometown marked a decades long transition into an economy that was ever more cruel, extractive, and unequal. It will probably eventually force me to live in a place that I don't want to live in. However I keep my mouth shut. It's not productive to shout people down and call them gentrifiers and computers aren't going away. It just makes you seem like a psychopath, it burns down bridges, and what could any of them even do to change things even if I convinced them? Nothing. It's bigger than them. It's bigger than me.

poo poo. I might even learn to program someday - but the ill will is still there. I just can't help it. It's just human.

Having said all of that none of this sentiment motivated my decision to recommend a goose as a pet to protect that man's garden. It was just the first thing that popped into my head. I told him that they made great guard animals and then I started talking about how they were used to protect Rome and something just went off in his head. He says that whenever he leaves in his car it chases him down the block because it's so attached to him that it doesn't want him to leave. He's getting a cage to put it in because of this because after it chases him down the cul de sac it just wanders around the neighborhood trying to eat cats. Apparently it gets into absolutely wild fights with raccoons because it's so incredibly territorial as well. It is obviously a very disruptive animal because it wants to protect him and it's extremely aggressive but he has nothing bad to say about it even though it keeps him up at night, shits on everything, and tries to kill everything that moves including his dates.

Anyway in my defense he's sort of a sad sack and has nothing in this world except google money and that goose so connecting him with a flying poo poo snake was a good thing. I'm helping him.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
[Cybergoose Dystopia]

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

LuxuryLarva posted:

I told him that they made great guard animals and then I started talking about how they were used to protect Rome and something just went off in his head.

holy poo poo lmao, you loving Inceptioned that guy by bringing up gooses guarding rome. well played

Whirling has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Oct 2, 2023

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

LuxuryLarva posted:

they tend to view themselves as the superego of society - like it's their job to discipline the world

oh god this interpretation is causing some weird conversations i had with tech bros where they were super-serious about mediocre received wisdom to make more sense

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my suggestion is to work in IT, most of the pay with half of the bullshit and you're a lot less hosed by popped bubbles on the whole since actual companies want to hire you instead of ponzi schemes for venture capital

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Whirling posted:

holy poo poo lmao, you loving Inceptioned that guy by bringing up gooses guarding rome. well played

Because the sacred geese of Juno saved Rome, the goose is actually the foundation block of all western civilisation.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope the goose is treated well

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

LuxuryLarva posted:

LuxuryLarva posted:

LuxuryLarva posted:

I really dislike almost everything about the tech industry but I'd be lying if it wasn't motivated by a lot of jealousy since many of those opportunities seem completely out of reach to me. I find a lot of tech people to be arrogant and sheltered and they tend to view themselves as the superego of society - like it's their job to discipline the world - and it grates on me. Adding to that the arrival of tech giants in my hometown marked a decades long transition into an economy that was ever more cruel, extractive, and unequal. It will probably eventually force me to live in a place that I don't want to live in. However I keep my mouth shut. It's not productive to shout people down and call them gentrifiers and computers aren't going away. It just makes you seem like a psychopath, it burns down bridges, and what could any of them even do to change things even if I convinced them? Nothing. It's bigger than them. It's bigger than me.

poo poo. I might even learn to program someday - but the ill will is still there. I just can't help it. It's just human.

Having said all of that none of this sentiment motivated my decision to recommend a goose as a pet to protect that man's garden. It was just the first thing that popped into my head. I told him that they made great guard animals and then I started talking about how they were used to protect Rome and something just went off in his head. He says that whenever he leaves in his car it chases him down the block because it's so attached to him that it doesn't want him to leave. He's getting a cage to put it in because of this because after it chases him down the cul de sac it just wanders around the neighborhood trying to eat cats. Apparently it gets into absolutely wild fights with raccoons because it's so incredibly territorial as well. It is obviously a very disruptive animal because it wants to protect him and it's extremely aggressive but he has nothing bad to say about it even though it keeps him up at night, shits on everything, and tries to kill everything that moves including his dates.

Anyway in my defense he's sort of a sad sack and has nothing in this world except google money and that goose so connecting him with a flying poo poo snake was a good thing. I'm helping him.

lmao

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

help, the agitated goose is back

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I just read these posts out loud to my gf in my daily forums report and it got a lot of laughs. Ty

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
incredible content

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I just visited YouTube.

Google: (pop-up) How interested would you be in playing mini games on YouTube?
Me: loving never
Google: Why?
Me: ... I'm here to watch videos on a video platform, not play games? loving idiots.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

how often does that man think about ancient rome

once a day?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

LuxuryLarva posted:

I told him that they made great guard animals and then I started talking about how they were used to protect Rome and something just went off in his head.

those posts could have stood on their own but you took it too far :smith: si non confectus non reficiat

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ruffian Price posted:

those posts could have stood on their own but you took it too far :smith: si non confectus non reficiat

never underestimate the stupidity and gullibility of idiot techlords

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

LuxuryLarva, you may have ruined that man's life with an extremely loving goose, but you also made a lot of people on the internet laugh and smile, so, it;s impossible to say if it was bad or not,

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

untutored good sequel: a nerd is trying to get it wet and you are a horrible goose

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
https://youtube.com/shorts/CHiffGBncyE?si=-FNMb-n490aNLX24

Apparently I have no idea how to embed YouTube, but I feel like this is how every day is with a goose guard

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I stavved laughed when you mentioned rome. That was it. The rome meme strikes again

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kick him while he's down. Buy him an account.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Does he own his house or is he renting? If he's an owner tell him to buy a shovel and a garden fork and a hammer and some straight nails and some u nails and some 8 foot poles and some planks and some chicken wire and some hinges and a latch and segment off part of his garden as a goose run. Goose gets a nice enclosed but spacious area where it can get used to being apart from him, techbro does some manual labour and for the first time in his life can experience seeing the tangible results of his efforts. This is a serious suggestion.

Or he drops a pole on the goose. Maybe get the cage first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fondue posted:

I just visited YouTube.

Google: (pop-up) How interested would you be in playing mini games on YouTube?
Me: loving never
Google: Why?
Me: ... I'm here to watch videos on a video platform, not play games? loving idiots.

i still cant believe adblock still works in near 2024