Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

buc-ee's doesn't have fans it has evangelists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Wawa has been getting steadily shittier for 30 years

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

...oh :(

I only recently got to experience it when I went back east for work a few years back. There's still nothing comparable to it out here on the west coast.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Sad but true. I don't know who their suppliers are nowadays but all their sandwiches suck rear end now. My local one doesn't even do the meatball sub anymore.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Sizzlis are still good. They've still got a fine selection of ice cream and beverages. The cheese stuffed pretzels are good. It's a very convenient place for a lot of different reasons. But the decline in hoagie quality is just sad.

I'd still rather have Wawa than live somewhere without it

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Sad but true. I don't know who their suppliers are nowadays but all their sandwiches suck rear end now. My local one doesn't even do the meatball sub anymore.

That’s criminal.

I find the seasonal/limited time stuff usually sucks but that’s true for most food places. My girlfriend gives me poo poo for it but I love their tuna salad sandwich.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

“<search term> site:reddit.com<optional: /r/subreddit>” should still work until google fucks their search up even more

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah. It's just so much more annoying to type on a phone.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I’ll serve in the seo wars. I’m ready.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cyks posted:

That’s criminal.

I find the seasonal/limited time stuff usually sucks but that’s true for most food places. My girlfriend gives me poo poo for it but I love their tuna salad sandwich.
I bitch about Wawa and then I go visit people far away and I'm like what I don't have access to paninis and a freestyle machine and taco dip at 415 am??

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The price of appetizers is too drat high!

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah. It's just so much more annoying to type on a phone.

Yeah, it sucks. If you are using Firefox on iOS you can add a custom search engine from settings. Set the search query to this: https://www.google.com/search?q=%25s%20site%3Areddit.com and it should let you type the query and go directly there.

Goddamn bbscode.

Set it to this:

code:
 https://www.google.com/search?q=%s%20site%3Areddit.com

FORUMS USER 1135 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 2, 2023

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Professor Shark posted:

I guess Far Cry 7 will have a 24 hour countdown to complete the game, which I’m salty about. Who wants to have a “Time left to have fun” component to a game?

Oh no. Then you're really going to that the countdown timer for making fun Far Cry games already ended 11 years ago.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
X-ray is a handy feature in the Prime streaming app, isn't it? You can see all the actors and you don't even have to scroll or nothin'

This is what it looks like now. 50% of usable space occupied by ads lol

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I really like sheetz

stewarts is also good

e: I gotta say though, the dr. Pepper chicken….what the CHRIST is that poo poo. nasty

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 2, 2023

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Trello broke for me today on Firefox.

Suddenly, after working fine a couple days ago. I have no idea if it's my browser that updated or on their end.

I disabled all my extensions, anything that could gently caress with it, and it won't load. Works on Edge. Madness.

I just love that.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

would be nice if Apple (because Google/Android never will) forced devs to include granularity in their notification settings. sick of delivery apps and Uber spamming me because they noticed I havent used the app in the last 24hrs. Just tell me when my food/ride is arriving and nothing else.

now I have to have notifications entirely disabled on those apps and constantly check them for updates when Im actually using them.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Laserface posted:

would be nice if Apple (because Google/Android never will) forced devs to include granularity in their notification settings. sick of delivery apps and Uber spamming me because they noticed I havent used the app in the last 24hrs. Just tell me when my food/ride is arriving and nothing else.

now I have to have notifications entirely disabled on those apps and constantly check them for updates when Im actually using them.

Android does this. Long-press the notification and then press the gear icon.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wilkins Micawber posted:

X-ray is a handy feature in the Prime streaming app, isn't it? You can see all the actors and you don't even have to scroll or nothin'

This is what it looks like now. 50% of usable space occupied by ads lol

I stopped using X Ray when it began spoiling the movie I was watching for me

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

in the last couple days it seems like a lot of GBS threads suddenly took a poo poo and have a ton of “ironic” lovely political takes in them. did some shittier website die and everyone decided that was the place to go or something?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I haven’t seen it, but I’ve noticed what I can only describe as a “Floridafication” of society in the last few months, where people suddenly feel confident in saying horrible poo poo that they wouldn’t have two years ago.

I think it’s the Trump effect- some prominent figure broke social conventions and now people feel safe in saying terrible things

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hatsune Mike posted:

in the last couple days it seems like a lot of GBS threads suddenly took a poo poo and have a ton of “ironic” lovely political takes in them. did some shittier website die and everyone decided that was the place to go or something?

It's a psy-op for the incoming election season :tinfoil:

I'm not even sure I'm joking.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Hatsune Mike posted:

At least one thread was swapped with a thread on the same topic from cspam (as a joke that nobody got), so there might be others

Svensken
May 29, 2010

This is Hague-worthy, imo

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Hatsune Mike posted:

If you're referring to the Musk thread - a mod swopped the CSPAM Musk thread with the GBS one as a joke or something. A lot of the CSPAM posters who think pretending to like Elon Musk is the pinnacle of Internet humour decided to stick to that thread, so it's poo poo now.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Swapping the Musk threads is not a very funny joke.

soupdragon
Dec 29, 2019

Further Reading posted:

If you're referring to the Musk thread - a mod swopped the CSPAM Musk thread with the GBS one as a joke or something. A lot of the CSPAM posters who think pretending to like Elon Musk is the pinnacle of Internet humour decided to stick to that thread, so it's poo poo now.

Part of the justification allegedly was that the two threads were practically identical and therefore one was redundant. This experiment has demonstrated this is clearly not the case and there is now a lot more 'noise' in the GBS thread. Mods could have at least tested this gimmick out with something less controversial like Star Wars to see what would happen.

Without trying to sound like the Colonel from Monty Python, I enjoy a good joke but I personally found this one a bit tiresome.

Some of us just don't have the time to read multiple threads on an active topic. Whilst it can often get a bit one sided sticking to a single thread, it can be a great time saver.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Svensken posted:

This is HagueJudge Dread-worthy, imo

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

My partner has the car today and I need to get into the city proper for a doctor's appointment. The 9-mile trip via public transit will take 95 minutes and involve 4 bus transfers and a ton of walking on garbage infrastructure (yes I am American, how did you know?), so I figured I'd just do a ride share, which I haven't done in a while. If I order an immediate ride it's like $20. If I schedule it it costs almost $50. I figured it may have been a peak drive time thing, but scheduling for literally any time of day or night other than this specific instant seems to double the cost. 9:27 AM tomorrow? $50. 8 pm tonight? $50. 11 AM today? $50.

Same deal on both Uber and Lyft. I'm guessing it's them overestimating costs to cover their asses or whatever, but goddamn is it loving annoying.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That sort of makes sense. Rideshare drivers pick up riders spontaneously, and they can drop in and out of service whenever they want. Uber et al. normally don't make any guarantees of service. You're asking for something that isn't part of the standard model.

(I'm not defending rideshares. They are terrible.)

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

soupdragon posted:

Without trying to sound like the Colonel from Monty Python, I enjoy a good joke but I personally found this one a bit tiresome.

tbh the whole idea of edgy ironic comedy is an artifact of the '90s when everything had very low stakes. The unraveling of American society into communal violence will be extremely unfunny and nobody is going to have a sense of humor about it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Woolie Wool posted:

tbh the whole idea of edgy ironic comedy is an artifact of the '90s when everything had very low stakes. The unraveling of American society into communal violence will be extremely unfunny and nobody is going to have a sense of humor about it.

I will.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Time_pants posted:

Oh no. Then you're really going to that the countdown timer for making fun Far Cry games already ended 11 years ago.

What

(See PM)

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Is there some kind of secret language that goes under the Unsubscribe button that says "we will reset all unsubscriptions and begin emailing you again in the fall". Companies I hadn't though about just spam me again after years of being silent.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Sentient Data posted:

At least one thread was swapped with a thread on the same topic from cspam (as a joke that nobody got), so there might be others

Love to be some mod's creepy social experiment. I mean, that's what we're here for, right? So someone can test out their theories about forum users on an actual forum. Just call me TestUser3488 from now on.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 2, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

God forbid they take any sort of feedback from forum users, nope, just chain-probe everyone, lol, very funny.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Laundry detergent measuring caps are now intentionally confusing and unexplained. I know they were already lying about how much to use and were telling you to use more of the product than necessary, but now they're completely arbitrary.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Laundry detergent measuring caps are now intentionally confusing and unexplained. I know they were already lying about how much to use and were telling you to use more of the product than necessary, but now they're completely arbitrary.

If you aren't a disgusting sweat-machine (If.) you can basically just pour in a few thimble-fulls of detergent and wash your shirts and pants on cold and hang them up to dry and they'll be both clean and last much longer. Use warm water on underwear, towels and other stuff but otherwise be extremely gentle on your clothes and they will be much better off for longer.

It's remarkable how terrible modern clothing is, it really doesn't stand up to much and so much of the cheaper stuff is like, horrible unbreathable synthetic fabric too.

I bought these "tech fabric" pants and the label specifically said "BREATHABLE. MOISTURE-WICKING" but they were the least breathable fabric I have ever come across, I had beads of sweat running down my legs and wet spots appearing all along the outside after a half hour because of how sweltering they were. I think I'd rate the uncomfortableness of my legs right up there with "poison ivy rash at camp", but still probably below "that time I broke my leg trying to jump over a basketball when I was 3 years old".

Tumble fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 2, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Khul pants are pretty decent if you want to stay dry and... wait for it... cool.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tumble posted:

I bought these "tech fabric" pants and the label specifically said "BREATHABLE. MOISTURE-WICKING" but they were the least breathable fabric I have ever come across, I had beads of sweat running down my legs

I've had this experience with men's underwear, just an absolute mobile ball-sauna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Elviscat posted:

I've had this experience with men's underwear, just an absolute mobile ball-sauna.

give me cool balls or give me death