Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

HootTheOwl posted:

They did square dish falcon I thought,?
E: BB8 got one right?

I think the UCS Falcon has both dishes, and the BB8 isn’t technically a UCS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The razor crest counts imo. It’s a Disney ship at least

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The UCS Falcon has characters and (optional) details from the Sequel Trilogy, it definitely counts.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Does this new huge ship only come with 2 figs?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

maybealabia posted:

Does this new huge ship only come with 2 figs?

Yeah it's common for UCS sets to have relatively few figures for their parts count (eg the Imperial Star Destroyer had 2).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well unless it’s a playset style UCS but I guess those are master builder sets now.

My falcon doesn’t count cause all the Disney add ons went straight into a plastic bag in the closet where they belong.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Is it viable to resell the included minifigs in some of the more expensive sets to help defray their costs? Is eBay the best site to use for that purpose?

It's been a couple of years building and I just never pay attention to the minifigs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Trying to figure out sets to get to be above the 150 dollar mark to get that maze and I settled on the deep sea sub set and the mars rover and I looked at the 227 dollar total and realized I don't want the maze that much.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Trying to figure out sets to get to be above the 150 dollar mark to get that maze and I settled on the deep sea sub set and the mars rover and I looked at the 227 dollar total and realized I don't want the maze that much.

I got it with the Corvette and nothing else. It's .01 below the threshold, which they allow.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

everwake posted:

Is it viable to resell the included minifigs in some of the more expensive sets to help defray their costs? Is eBay the best site to use for that purpose?

It's been a couple of years building and I just never pay attention to the minifigs.

Sometimes. The UCS Slave I has a unique Boba Fett fig, and it's going north of $100 (half of it's the unique print head, the rest is in the torso which only got one other release in the Cloud City set that was fairly unpopular, IIRC). But it's a gamble--it might stay unique and be worth a fair amount 8 years later like Fett, or maybe they'll release the same print in a $40 set six months later and kill the future value. And when the set's still available, people aren't as willing to pay a premium--if they're willing to pay $30 for a single minifig, they're probably the type just fine with buying a $650 set. Though there are minifigs from the UCS Venator listed as Sold on ebay for more than $60 apiece, I wouldn't bet on that lasting long.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

everwake posted:

It depends heavily on the set. Most of the time probably not. Like most things Lego, it's rarely worth it at least until the set is out of production. But yeah, with certain sets you can sell specific minifigs that are in currently production and readily buyable, for like $30-$60 if the minifig is desirable and the set is expensive. There's actually already a cottage industry for this. People do it all the time. I think you have to have a pretty good grasp of the Lego market to pull it off though. The only set I can think of right now that you could probably get a good chunk of your $$$ back on by selling minifigs is Mos Eisley. But that set kind of needs the minifigs to be cool so...

If by defray you mean that you just want to knock a little bit off the price, yeah you could probably do that but I don't think it'd be worth the hassle. I suppose you could get a few bucks back doing that with just about any set.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The UCS Falcon has characters and (optional) details from the Sequel Trilogy, it definitely counts.

It definitely doesn't, the Falcon isn't 'from' the sequel trilogy it's just in it a lot

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Thats like saying they havent made a set based on back to the future 3 because the delorean was in bttf1 first. Sorry it only takes a rectangular dish and a rey minifig to make it a sequel thing but thats starwars theses days, stick boba fett in a naboo starfighter and spraypaint them both silver and you got yourself a mandalorian!

Im disapointed the maze is kinda trash, upon seeing it i imagined it had some mechanical stuff going on like screwball scramble. If its just a tilt thing a simpler design in a tilting base with knobs to control woulda been better. Probably not easy to get a maze like that to work nice in lego i guess.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

veni veni veni posted:

The razor crest counts imo. It’s a Disney ship at least

I don't think it counts because the ask was sequel trilogy so just those 3 movies. You're right though they've done a Disney UCS.

Anyways, UCS that bomber from TLJ, please.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

sorry to keep tooting my own horn for something that's pretty basic and probably silly to 90% of people, but my "kiddie dream" city is coming along nicely

there's not much left I want to add (current fire and police stations are kinda meh, and too many vehicles taking up piece count when I already amassed a sizable fleet), I have the suburban house waiting to be opened and the abandoned sardine factory coming.

Also moved barracuda bay next to the blacksmith and eldorado, though I want to separate everything into "themed" pirates/space/castle shelves later on

luckily I am not lacking for more lego to build... can't stop won't stop

and this month I will probably also pick up the 3-in-1 pirate ship, waiting for 2x vip and pirate cove GWP but I am almost certain I will get it - then viking village later on, ideally when Majisto GWP hits in November.

Edit: and I will most definitely need this:

:sickos:

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 2, 2023

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mr Phillby posted:

Thats like saying they havent made a set based on back to the future 3 because the delorean was in bttf1 first. Sorry it only takes a rectangular dish and a rey minifig to make it a sequel thing but thats starwars theses days, stick boba fett in a naboo starfighter and spraypaint them both silver and you got yourself a mandalorian!

The original point of the question was are there any expensive UCS sets based on sequel-trilogy ships and the vast majority of people don't see the Millennium Falcon, arguably the most famous and recognisable ship from the original trilogy, as a sequel ship, and sure as gently caress weren't spending hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds to display it with the rectangular dish. It's no mistake that every single coffee-table installation of it is based on the Death Star docking bay.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Return of the goat
it is
Return of the goat
come on
Return of the goat
oh my God
Swimming in the moat
here I am
Return of the goat
once again
Return of the goat
pump up the world
Return of the goat
watch my flow
I hope they'll all float
here I go

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Kiss the go goat mold

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of goats, there is a baby goat (kid) in the Lion Castle. It's adorable.

As for the other goat. What are the chances that it is just different enough that the old one maintains it's value? Isn't it selling for almost $100?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Captain Duvel posted:

Kiss the go goat mold

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

TorakFade posted:

sorry to keep tooting my own horn for something that's pretty basic and probably silly to 90% of people, but my "kiddie dream" city is coming along nicely

Don't worry about what other people think/say. This isn't a competition it is a hobby and your childhood dream coming true is awesome. I tell people all the time that 12 year old Flyinglemur would be very proud of 51 year old Flyinglemur.

Also do the McLarens next.

DO IT

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

This, 100%. Lego is a zen thing -- the act of building and collecting is to make you happy, nobody else. No matter how big or small, mish-mash or themed, if the act of creation and display brings you joy, that's all that matters. There are so few things that make us happy, gently caress the haters if they don't like yours.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This, 100%. Lego is a zen thing -- the act of building and collecting is to make you happy, nobody else. No matter how big or small, mish-mash or themed, if the act of creation and display brings you joy, that's all that matters. There are so few things that make us happy, gently caress the haters if they don't like yours.

Flyinglemur posted:

Don't worry about what other people think/say. This isn't a competition it is a hobby and your childhood dream coming true is awesome. I tell people all the time that 12 year old Flyinglemur would be very proud of 51 year old Flyinglemur.

Also do the McLarens next.

DO IT

Thanks, this helps :) I spend literal half hours just looking at those sets on display and posing minifigs in them, it's almost magic what Lego does to me. 30 years come off right quick and I'm 10 again! Cool! (Except that I have to wake up and go to work in the morning. It was school 30 years ago, and I hated it just as much :v: )

I'm absolutely going for the McLarens next, the Galaxy Explorer is a bit too big and I have to figure out where to put it before starting to build it, and I'm kinda tired of building houses by now, part of why my next few planned purchases are anything but city.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cool things are cool. Neat things are neat. Fun things are fun. Parents know this as they are forced to engage with childish silly poo poo all the time and, surprise! a lot of it is unironically, genuinely delightful, joyful, and fun!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
GOATS FOR THE GOAT GOD!
STUDS FOR THE STUD THRONE!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My wife keeps asking me when I’m going to build the Concorde and I keep telling her I’ll get to it when we buy a larger house

Also one of my friends suggested just building a hangar in the yard

Anyway yeah Lego is a fun thing that keeps me sane and makes me happy and also most of my friends seem to enjoy them, I’ve even gotten friends of mine to buy a set or two (sometimes more) that’s very tailored to their interests.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 2, 2023

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

TorakFade posted:

there's not much left I want to add (current fire and police stations are kinda meh, and too many vehicles taking up piece count when I already amassed a sizable fleet), I have the suburban house waiting to be opened and the abandoned sardine factory coming.

:sickos:

I looove seeing your kiddie dream city, I'm working on something similar but I am poor so I have to be really selective about the sets I get. Currently thinking about combining Dreamszzz, City and Friends sets to make a cute pastel gay utopia. It will also live on top of a few kallax units lmao.

I would recommend the Noodle Shop build for your city, it's really adorable and a fun build. Am I just saying that because it's the only proper city building that I have? Yes.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I would pay a hell of a lot for this custom minifigure

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

big dyke energy posted:

I looove seeing your kiddie dream city, I'm working on something similar but I am poor so I have to be really selective about the sets I get. Currently thinking about combining Dreamszzz, City and Friends sets to make a cute pastel gay utopia. It will also live on top of a few kallax units lmao.

I would recommend the Noodle Shop build for your city, it's really adorable and a fun build. Am I just saying that because it's the only proper city building that I have? Yes.

Thanks! :) The noodle shop's nice, relatively cheap and should fit the theme well as an "older building" too. Plus there's a noodle stand in downtown that might be tied to it :hmmyes:

If I'm going down the 3-in-1 road, the Cozy house is also very nice. But it has to stop somewhere. Hasn't it? :shepspends: (not having enough space for it will be what eventually ends it most likely :v: )

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Huh, never seen this on a Lego box.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

smackfu posted:

Huh, never seen this on a Lego box.

Concorde?

e: but yeah I've seen this before on orders from LEGO that were made around release or during early access.

ee: It was my son's birthday two days ago so I finally got to see him open his Concorde that I've kept hidden for a month. He's a huuuuuge commercial airplane geek but has been focusing more on Transformers the last couple of months so I managed to sneak this one in totally under the radar. He thought I was getting him one of the Technic cars for some reason. Got his very rare speechless moment on video and everything.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 2, 2023

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

LEGO Thread: Return of the Goat Mold

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The scales aren't quite right, but the Titanic, Eiffel Tower, and Concorde models would combine for a nice display.

Has the "big" 2023 holiday set been leaked yet?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Concorde crashing into the Titanic on top of the Eiffel Tower.

I like the way you think.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The weird dudes on Lego Master pronounced MOC like "mock" but I always just read it as M. O. C.

Opinions? Objections?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure it's a mock, but I'm not the expert. I've never heard M O C, though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

Concorde crashing into the Titanic on top of the Eiffel Tower.

I like the way you think.

The Titanic crashes into the tower which is both iceberg and derrigible moor for the concorde

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Gonna post my MOC of the Glomar Explorer/Spruce Goose using the Titanic, Eifel Tower and Concorde sets. The old Howard Hughes twofer.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

TorakFade posted:

I love seeing people do this stuff! Keep posting.

Hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Am I the only one disappointed that the ucs venator doesn’t have sliding hangar doors?